PoxPoints (fully automated tradestore!) -- OFFLINE

Discussion in 'Rune Trading' started by Poxpoints, May 18, 2015.

1. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

I was really hyped for this until I saw the "premium points" bullshi.

guess I gotta use poxbox for a while longer :(

2. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

it is effectively similar to poxbox. The difference with pax points is when you trade in and out of stock room you get premium points. With poxbox if you trade something that is not available in the Cash Store the first two go in the Cash Store

3. Poxpoints

Poxpoints I need me some PIE!

What @darklord48 says is correct.

We also only put one rune in our stock for Premium Points as opposed to 2.
    In our store you at least still have the possibility to get the rune by trading where Poxbox only leaves you the cash option.

Cheers,

Josh753

4. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

Yes, but poxbox has stock. Right now I have to either buy stuff or just use PB, and if I had money to spend I wouldn't have to use a third party site to begin with sooo

5. Poxpoints

We're improving rapidly on stock.
    But yes in that case for now PoxBox might be the better fit for you.
    We are a new store, so there is no way we could have the stock PoxBox has. (not yet at least)

Cheers,

Josh753

6. hfok

hfok I need me some PIE!

How has things been?

7. Poxpoints

We're currently doing a whole lot "behind the screens" work.

Mostly trying to improve on the speed of the trader, but it became a bigger challenge than we expected.

We did found a neat solution to make our trader lightning fast, but it takes a fair amount of work and time to implement this.

Some smaller changes will also be done in the next couple of days.

Cheers,

Josh753

Karamasov likes this.
  8. waylandwalker

waylandwalker The King of Potatoes

If I could make a suggestion, unless I missed it somehow, there doesn't seem to be any way to sort runes by faction or rarity or anything, just a search function. I quite often want to do things like get all the new expansion common runes or something, and having a filter would really help with things like that.

SPiEkY likes this.
  9. Poxpoints

This is currently is not added yet. We'll try to add it in feature.

On a sidenote I also want to apologize for the delay on some of the updates. @newsbuff had a family emergency. We're hoping to start work on the website again as soon as possible.

Cheers,

Josh753

hfok likes this.
  10. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Interesting, im not sure how thisll work out with the game having so few players these days. Ill keep my eye on the progression. Its about time decondor had some competition atleast.

11. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

I really hope this trader does well. This game really needs alternatives to poxbox, he is robbing people with his in/out prices. Not sure about is cash shop prices. Monopolies are a bad thing....

12. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

If you think 10% is robbery, you better stop going to Walmart, Target, Macy's, Best Buy, or any other retail store. They all operate on higher margins than that.

13. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

He has no system set up for his customers that use his service often. It is nice if you use it once or twice but if you use it often you will lose millions very quickly.(poxbox points)

14. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Funny, I've made millions of poxbox points off his system. I use it a few times every week.

15. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

I am not here to debate with you. Most people who use his trader often know what I am talking about. It's convienent but if there was a better option I wouldn't hesitate to use it. I have no problem making him profit but his system doesn't work for people who use it often. I have been using poxbox for about 8months now and have probably lost 10-20mil poxbox points from his in-out prices, maybe more.

If people hadn't given me runes I probably wouldn't even be playing this game anymore because of how his trader works. I would have ran out of runes a long time ago.

16. Poxpoints

Guys, I'm looking for opinions/suggestions on PoxPoints, so that we as a store can keep improving.

I don't want this to become a thread about the way PoxBox operates, if you feel the need to discuss this further, please do so in another thread.

Thanks in advance,

Josh753

hfok, Pattn199 and SPiEkY like this.
  17. waylandwalker

waylandwalker The King of Potatoes

It's more an aesthetic thing, but I liked the smaller points values that poxportal had, rather than thousands or millions of points.

18. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I think a number of filters would help:
    Purchasable With Standard Points
    Purchasable With Premium Points
    Out of Stock
    Rarity
    Faction
    Expansion
    Eventually race and abilties?

I think the main thing will be rune stock and continuing to improve the loading speed.

One thing I saw mentioned by @newsbuff earlier is that Ajax is being used to return the rune list. It has been a few years since I did any web development, but from what I remember, the power of Ajax is that it can return pieces of the page while the remaining items are still being fetched. While it looks a lot cleaner to load all 50 runes while displaying "processing" the perceived speed may be much faster if individual elements were returned.

SPiEkY likes this.
  19. Poxpoints

The filters are something we would really like to add, we will definitely do so, but it will take some time as we have a couple other priorities at the moment.

I agree, both of those issues should hopefully be resolved somewhere next week.

Cheers,

Josh753

20. Poxpoints

The trader is now a whole lot faster!

Check it out!

Cheers,

Josh753

SPiEkY, Karamasov, hfok and 1 other person like this.