President-Elect Trump is creating even more jobs than we thought!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Ohmin, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

On a related note, Spicer said it was the most observed inauguration globally, which very well could be the truth, but there are no published numbers to back that up, and Metro rides within DC, Nielsen TV ratings don't back it up (still could be true pending other media). The fact that there are no such metrics available make it hard to understand how Spicer could come to that determination even if it turned out to be true.

ssez likes this.
  2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

It seems reasonable (and obvious, IMO) to believe that Spicer's Press Conference was because Trump got annoyed at the coverage.

In either case, from the Fox News article linked above:

"TRUMP: "I made a speech. I looked out. The field was — it looked like a million, a million and a half people."

The president went on to say that one network "said we drew 250,000 people. Now that's not bad. But it's a lie." He then claimed that were 250,000 right by the stage and the "rest of the, you know, 20-block area, all the way back to the Washington Monument was packed."

"So we caught them," said Trump. "And we caught them in a beauty. And I think they're going to pay a big price.""

So he made a number of claims here.

1 - He suggested that there were a million to a million and a half people.
    Obama's numbers were estimated at 1.8 million, for reference​
    2 - He suggested that "all the way back to the Washington Monument was packed."
    Fox News claims that this is false​
    3 - He claims "we caught them in a beauty" (i.e. they caught the media lying)

When Trump thinks he has caught the media in a lie, he wants them to pay, and wants retractions and apologies.

When the media catches him in a lie, he just lies more.

You can't get more of a hypocrite than that.

Also note, Conway herself said that Trump directed Spicer to talk about the crowd size.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
    Tweek516 and Geressen like this.
  3. Sokolov

Just in case anyone is confused, since Ohmin's statement implies Spicer meant globally specifically, here's the actual quote:

“This was the largest audience to ever witness an inauguration, period — both in person and around the globe,” Spicer said. “These attempts to lessen the enthusiasm of the inauguration are shameful and wrong.”

This is the actual quote.

"This was the largest audience to ever witness an inauguration, period." <- false

"both in person" <- false

"around the globe" <- probably false

This, combined with Conway's statement: “I don’t think you can prove those numbers one way or the other. There’s no way to really quantify crowds" which, when combined with Spicer's claims of it being "largest... ever" really tells you that they are lying, and they know they are lying, and they don't care.

~

Also:

"Your job is not to call things ridiculous that are said by our press secretary and our president. That's not your job," Conway said.

This is probably the most ridiculous part of the whole thing. Really? It's not the press job's to point out when your administration is LYING?

Geressen, Tweek516 and BurnPyro like this.
  4. Sokolov

Meanwhile, Trump's lawyer fights back on Twitter!

upload_2017-1-24_1-31-47.png

Dude, they are crocheted. Hand-made.

Did you think they all ordered them in bulk off some website?

Etherielin, Tweek516 and Geressen like this.
  5. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

I'd link the website but the censor wouldn't like the url. That said if the website is any indication... Many were probably made in the US? Albeit possibly not all of them. After all there are a lot of different makers of those hats.

6. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

coming from Trump who has all his Bane Shift made in China

When it comes down to it, Trump has never been consistent on anything and is as big of a populist as can be. But again, the two party system by itself has always been populist in a way, with clear pandering to their base. Clinton has almost nothing in common with the left base, still pretended to cause that's what you do. Her voting record is incredibly right on a lot of issues.

But now that someone is being clear populist to the whole population instead of just half of it, Americans don't know how to deal with it. He can say he's gonna bomb the Bane Shift out of ISIS and that he's gonna stop all the wars in the same sentence, and people make of that what they want. He can shame peopel for creating jobs overseas, while also doing the same thing.
    Then again, that also plays into the disgrace that is America's press. Every outlet is horribly biased and just broadcasts or shows the issues however corporate tells them to. You wonder what opinions would be if everyone had easy access to all info/was force fed it. You'd wonder how Hillary ever got to run and how Trump even made it past the primaries.

The joys

MaruXV, Etherielin and Ohmin like this.
  7. Sokolov

8. Sokolov

Trump: I am going to destroy ISIS (probably with significantly increased drone strikes) and increase military spending and show everyone America is the boss. Also, I am going to piss of India and China.

Conservatives: OBAMA IS A WARMONGER. DRONE STRIEKS!WQ!one

Etherielin, Tweek516 and Geressen like this.
  9. Sokolov

Etherielin and Geressen like this.
  10. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I guess I must have missed the part when Trump got a Nobel Peace prize.

11. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

he got a peace prize for his message of hope and cooperation though. not his future acts as president. at least that is how I see it. but you want to use it to justify hypocrisy claiming precedent sure. I just think maybe that would be a mistake.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
    Etherielin and MaruXV like this.
  12. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Questionable Nobel Prize sure, but how does this change things?

In the primaries Trump was advocating for warcrimes in debates, quote "We should go after their families". Yet somehow he's portrayed as the guy who's gonna stop wars. It's not just Trump, it's just the most obvious cause he does it so much. But somehow American media doesn't jump on that. How is that not brought up every time he is talking about how Iraq was the biggest mistake ever. He LITERALLY advocated illegal actions, disregarding all conventions regarding war and it's actions that the international community has signed.

edit before this is seen as biased, I think Obama is wrong as can be with the interventions in 7 different countries at the moment.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
    Etherielin, Geressen and Tweek516 like this.