Problems in the post office (Mafia game) SCAM (town) wins

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Gaverion, Aug 19, 2014.

1. st3ck

st3ck I need me some PIE!

I may have voted too early.

Oh well, I think PT may have the better nose, i would like to hear some thoughts, defenses, accusations whatnot.

Also role claim time!

Town, have a bunch of stamps, and I can give one out each night =)

2. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

YA GOT ME

3. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I am also a taddling tommy like gab. I used my one extra stamp yesterday and verified @st3ck as town.

4. st3ck

So what are you thinking as most likely candidate?
    @darklord48

@PurpleTop I know you've been on that yelmo hunt, but dag was on greys trail, and early gab called attention to that 3rd vote on him by grey.

I dunno, what do you guys think?

5. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

I will point out that darklord held off on voting jad. At the time, it did seem that he genuinely was planning on using the hammer, but forgot that we only needed four. To his credit, I made the same mistake (and it would seem yelmo did too), but that does not necessarily mean darklord was completely honest. It could have been a ploy. No way of knowing for sure, but it's worth noting.

Not voting yet, looking mostly at darklord and greysands. st3ck and yelmo aren't completely in the clear yet, but based on what's happened the other two seem to need more focus.

6. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

My thought is that yelmo was a last minute vote for both Pipster and KingJad. I would have been in the same boat had I not miscounted. There are five of us left, so it only takes 3 votes to hammer.

I agree with what st3ck said about PT's 100% suspicion rate being a possible sign of him been deep cover, but I am more suspicious of yelmo.

Greysands could also be the mafia, he was wrong day one, but correct day two, and was the 2nd vote.

I don't have any more stamps to investigate with, otherwise I would investigate one and vote for another.

VOTE: Yelmo

7. st3ck

If I make it through the night, I can fuel another investigation.

8. st3ck

Welp. This is becoming weird.

9. st3ck

Also, PT, y u no role claim?

10. st3ck

Also, Purpletop, go back and read the early game and watch who both pip and had tried to divert to in order to mislead us.

With what we know now, early posts have a bit more weight, as only mafia would know everyone's allegiance.

Darklord has been a pretty consistent source of mafia "please lynch over me"

Also, PT has moderated games with most of us and knows how we think. And of course, we all seem to think he would be the kind of maf to sac his team-mates to be truly undercover.

So I'm not sure. I'm fairly confident there should only be one mafia left, which gives us two more lunch chances if we mess up today.

@Yelmo role claim
    @Greysands22 role claim
    @PurpleTop role claim

I am also curious why you are suspicious of dlord, I'm thinking because it could be he falsely role claimed, and you are in fact out other cop.

You have been suspicious of the l2 votes, of which yelmo had one, and grey had one.(I think)

Yelmo has some early nervousness during RVS I'm which he wants to make sure we knew his votes were for rvs.

Greysand had a supremely sketchy 3rd vote onto gabq "for additional pressure" after yelmo voted him to get him to respond, and I retaliatory votes him.

I genuinely think that grey has had too much of a "recovery"/trying too hard to throw us of his trail by appearing very town, and warming up to me and PT.

So I still think grey is the best vote, and if you can compile a scummier list of actions, I'm all ears.

11. Greysands22

Greysands22 I need me some PIE!

OK home from work.

It seems like st3ck is pushing pretty hard for me to be lynched. Re-reading st3ck's posts and looking back at the thread my major crime seems to be my day one vote on gabq. I don't really understand why that vote was scummy in your opinion though st3ck. Gabq came out swinging at you and then you came out swinging back at gabq so I honestly thought, man something really fishy is going on here if it's only day 1 and these two are already going at it. I literally said that exchange made me think either you or gabq was mafia because of the way it went down. So my thinking was let's put another vote on gabq and see what he says then put a vote on you and see what you had to say. Which is exactly what I did. Basically trying to get the most info going on day 1 as possible.

Gabq responded with:
    If you are saying that gabq was suspicious of me, when I read that quote it sounds like he was equally suspicious of you as well. Or it just sounds like gabq was defensively lashing out against the people who voted on him. But how do we know that you didn't kill gabq? From my point of view that is an equally likely scenario.

I think maybe the other thing you thought might be scummy was me asking about the hammer. Which I do understand, but it was still a valid question on day 1 since it does dramatically change the way the game is played. I didn't click to expand the PT quote in the sign up thread so I honestly didn't know if we were doing hammer or not.

The other thing I can tell you in my defense is if I was mafia it really is pretty transparent to kill dags when he voted on me last phase. You even said yourself "offing dag would lead us to grey, and it's crafty and scummy" I seem to be a pretty easy target right now since you yourself have been painting me as mafia since you seem to feel my day 1 vote was extra scummy. How do we know it wasn't you who killed dags so that you could get an easy wagon on me today?

Then you start this phase off with a FAST vote on me saying:
    It's almost as if you would prefer we just had a fast wagon on me without any real discussion, which I am obviously not a fan of. You yourself said "I take votes on me as an act of mafia", normally that's not the way I play the game but in this case it's looking more and more like I need to take your advice this time since this whole thing feels to me like a total set up to get me lynched. So A) darklord is a cop and you are a mafia with god father role. B) Darklord is fake claiming as a second cop. C) You are playing right into the mafia's hands by pushing for a fast lynch on me.

Finally role claim:
    Town blocker. I can prevent the use of one player's stamp per night, it works on the anonymous messages (return to sender) and any powers that cost a stamp.

I am off for the night but I'd be happy to expand on any questions people have for me since I know I'm town, I'm just trying to figure out who is behind this. I'll give it some more thought while I'm drinking my labor day weekend beers. Cheers.

12. st3ck

I dunno man, your option c seems likely if you are town.

FYI, maybe over reading/unfamiliarity but to me it looks like you role claimed a mafia role. :p

Also, probably not kosher to bring up, but last game dlord was cop, I was bandit king, and he investigated me. Just to calculate the odds of random number generator making that exact scenario happen twice is significantly low, also given I know my role, I know I'm not mafia.

And quite frankly, at this point I would be ok if we lynch me to prove it, but that would mean lylo next day, so I'd like some more discussion from yelmo and Purpletop.

I feel like you're squirming a bit grey, but most do under threat of lynch.

13. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

some crazy irl stuff happened. Will be more available tomorrow

14. Yelmo

Yelmo Devotee of the Blood Owl

also been kinda busy but I've got myself caught up. Looks like we are roleclaiming. I'm an interceptor. I can intercept any messaged sent from the target.

At this point I'm gonna probably vote for greysand. But with three to hammer, I don't want to put too much pressure all at once. Gonna go back through and look at his posts, as well as jads. My next most suspicious is darklord and imma do the same with his posts.

15. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I'm out of town this weekend with limited internet access too.

@st3ck it makes more sense to lynch me than you, since that would validate both my role claim and my investigation, unless you're a bandit king again. Lynching you only proves you are town and that my claim of investigating you is plausible. The last mafia could roleclaim cop without fear since they could claim to have investigated anyone but himself as town.

16. Yelmo

need to actually cast my vote and I haven't had a reason to change targets yet

VOTE: GREYSANDS22

17. Yelmo

sry bout the edit. My excuse is the apple phone =\

18. Greysands22

Greysands22 I need me some PIE!

I also have to vote. Obviously it's not going to be for myself. I still can't shake having a suspicious feeling about st3ck, but logically it makes more sense for st3ck to be town even if he's wrong about trying to lynch me. So yeah obviously better to play on logic and not emotion.

Also when you look at darklord and gabq it makes sense to have 2 cops because of the way the power works with the stamps, basically they are one shot cops.

I feel st3ck started this phase by saying he found me and yelmo suspicious, but he voted me. Darklord voted yelmo. Yelmo votes me.

The only logical play for me is to vote yelmo. But to be honest I think he's the scummiest anyway. I mean PT was onto him, he hasn't really added a lot of interesting content in the way of scum hunting, and his votes have all been late wagon votes or just early votes to get people to post more.

VOTE: YELMO

So now all we need is either PT to cast the deciding vote between me and yelmo, or st3ck to finally see clearly and change his vote.

19. st3ck

Logic prevails. And if we are wrong here, we are in lylo, but I don't think we are wrong.

Unvote: @Greysands22

Vote: @Yelmo

Partially because of dlord, partially grey, but mostly because of all the powers claimed, yelmo's role definitely sounds the most useful to a mafia.

20. st3ck

That's 4 total votes and hammer to end phase and have town win @Gaverion

3 for yelmo (me,grey, dlord)
    1 for grey (yelmo)