proposed buff for moga slicer

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Anotherblackman, Jun 20, 2014.

1. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

I love the flavor text on it... so much that I think a buff to bring it up to the worth of its cost could perhaps be something like death spawn drunken thug or ironfist brawler with 30% of thier max health. I think it would go nicely since they are carouse related since they don't have construct immunities and carouse as an ability.

Thoughts?

2. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

Are you really that dense?
    Proposing a buff to a rune just before the revamp that changes all champions.

3. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

Im not sure how anything will pan out but If mogaslicer is still shoebox after the revamp, we might need to start hiring drunken thugs to operate them.

4. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

While I agree with you BansheeX (you could have been nicer though), that rune does need a buff.

Anotherblackman, I suggest we wait till after the revamp to see if it is still shoeboxed, same with other runes.
    IF it and other runes are still shoeboxed/useless, THEN we shall bring forth ideas for edits. Believe me, I shall be the first to point out any flaws (assuming I'm sitting at my computer when it happens).

Let us be patient. I think everyone is getting a little tense around here. :)

5. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

See how the dust settles, then if picking targets to buff out of shoeboxness start with runes that are not 2x2 range 1.

6. SireofSuns

I'm glad you agree. Though, I'm not sure I understand the 2x2 range 1 bit, care to clarify why?

7. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

in midfont/fontgrabbing situations its super crucial because you can creepblock that scary 2x2 champs with osarius or summons without the ability of dishing out a single damage to a 72 nora kas grandpa, or a summon dropping relics all across your fonts. You have to chase them and will basically spend 5++ turns just to retain your font all because you can't hit whats across the font at 1-1RNG. If its 1-2RNG, you can at least have a larger threat space, making your opponent to relic-stall or font denial spaces to be limited only to that last 3 spaces of your font.

8. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

They are notoriously awkward champions. They get blocked easily and often waste AP just getting off attacks.

That's just my personal preference though. If I'm going to use a 2x2 I'd rather it be a ranged champ or have some AOE support type ability that benefits from 2x2 like battlemaster, boost and the like.

9. SireofSuns

Soo.... Why not start with trying to get them buffed out of the shoebox? You seem to think they need help... Just so you know, I play Cyclops, so I do understand the.. Difficulty, of trying to use them with their short range and large (read: fat) size. I kinda wish they had more things to help with getting around that. "sigh"

10. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Well the reason they are unappealing to me is that their build is fatal. If you're changing the entire champ then sure. Otherwise, the majority reason you use a 2x2 is because there's not a small champ that can do the same thing. Last I'm going to comment on it. It's just how I see it, right or wrong.

11. Grand General Mosh

Grand General Mosh Devotee of the Blood Owl

Start with Hunter: Moga and go from there.

12. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

Class: engineer? No one else think front line combat engineer is a needed role slot waiting to be filled?

Woffleet, RedScarlet and Baskitkase like this.
  13. RedScarlet

Race: Construct, Dwarf
    Class: Engineer
    80 Nora

10/6/1-1/3/45

Complex Machine
    Construct Immunities
    Whirl of Blades
    Trample
    Mobility

Tough 2/ Res: Fire 3/ Res: Phy 3
    Rend 3/Damage Aura 2/StatsBonus: DMG+3

14. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

That'd fit right in, for the next two days.

15. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

How about give it the "Demolish" ability to kill relics. Even make it AOE.

16. RedScarlet

This'll fit right in, for the next century:

Race: Construct, Dwarf
    Class: Engineer
    80 Nora (2x2 Large)

10/6/1-1/2/45

Complex Machine/Damage Aura 2/Rend 3
    Construct Immunities
    Whirl of Blades
    Trample/Tough2/Res Phy3
    Mobility