Psionic Storm AoE size not increasing

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by Schmacko, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Schmacko

Schmacko I need me some PIE!

Psionic Storm is AoE 2 and it says the size of the AoE increases by 1 per champ with attack type psychic in play. With a Firk Sensorate, Firk Diplomat, and Drak Psion in play the AoE size was still just 2. This was in single player.

2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

No, the champions with attack psychic have to be inside the area of effect of the spell

3. only

only Active Member

yes, it requires for your champions to be in AOE, but even then it doesn't work. at least it used to NOT... since release...

4. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

So does this not work at all? or is it WAI?

5. Schmacko

Schmacko I need me some PIE!

So I did read it wrong but went to retest it. I cast it with two attack psychic champs within the normal aoe2 area of effect (drak psion and firk sensorate), one enemy champ within the area of effect, one enemy champ one space outside and one enemy champ two spaces outside. The drag down aoe viewer thing doesn't change in size when including friendly attack psychic champs within its range, but according to the wording all three enemy champs should have been hit because it should have effectively been aoe 4. The enemy champ inside the aoe two and the champ at the effective aoe3 range were both hit. The one at effective aoe4 range was not.
    So the set up was this where c = center of spell, f = friendly psychic champ, h = hostile champ, x = spaces in AoE2 from center, and o = outside AoE2 from center. The right most champ (within aoe2) was hit. The champ just north of my friendly (aoe3) was hit and the enemy champ just north of that (aoe4) was not.
    h o x o o
    h x x h 0
    f x c x x
    o x f x o
    o o x o o

6. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

confirmed that the AOE does not increase when attack psychic champs are inside it as stated in the spell.