Psychic bg

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by 4NIK8, Sep 14, 2016.

1. 4NIK8

4NIK8 I need me some PIE!

So, lately 've been running a psychic bg and would love to hear some input on it. It's far from being in its "final" version and I've been testing several different options. The current iteration is looks like this:

upload_2016-9-14_14-57-18.png

Latest change was taking out Botanist, Mindbreaker and Loot for Mindcaller, Extispicer and Cleansing Mist. With this change I focused on getting soultap procs (wich I was missing out) while making Stillwaters more tanky and getting a non champ cleansing/heal. Cleansing mist is pretty nice with all the void shield units and the area is huge, so even if you don't corretly predict the cleansing part you still get a decent heal. I'm still not sure about this change and might revert back to Botanist.

Regarding champs I've choosen Mindbender over Diplomat since I belive he brings more to the table. +1 def +5 hp, psy aura 3, evasive 1 and late game he has regen and teleport. All of that in exchange of 1 dmg, stall and 3 nora.

Running 2 voidmages over 2 overminds due to their better offensive perks and AoE capabilities since I couldnt fit any AoE spell in there (considering swaping erode for font eruption).

Tome of the Arcanis is great against pesky champs and/or immunes (UD bunny mainly). The rest is pretty self explanatory.

I've been having moderate success with this but alot due to the huge amount of mistakes I manage to pull out, but I can see it has alot of potential in the right hands. What do you all think?

2. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

I've played with both Diplomat and Mindbender, and I can say Psychic needs to build up, and Diplomat helps a lot with both Stall and Mindwipe Aura (2), while the Mindbender is way too aggresive for the BG.

2x Voidmages is staple, cannot be compared to anything at the moment. Autoinclude.

Yep, Tome it's an absolutely jem, including at least 6 wizards is the way to go.

[​IMG]

I have too many damaging spells, still not deciding which to keep (cause I don't play as much). But 1x Hippos are a must, and I stick with 2 because of the rare chance of not drawing them.

Fountain Eruption on the other hand, makes a difference on middle font battles, to clear some molesting relics and finish off some champs. I've found that 2x is more useful, and helps a lot to double cast it instead of anything else.

On the other hand, the single target Psychic Blast is too good to not include, so I can't decide for now. All are very useful.

I believe the problem with Firks is mostly it's lack of powerturn potential until lategame, so all the damage spells helps you climb up the midgame. Dunno, that's my style for now.

3. 4NIK8

4NIK8 I need me some PIE!

Honestly, so far I didnt feel the lack of powerturn handcaped me even a bit. Once you have 1-2 masks out, everything hits like a truck so it's just a matter of saving AP and positioning well, thats all the powerturn you actually need.

Also, I didn't feel like I need that much build up. With as much as 3-5 units out you can already go on offense, pending on the map and the matchup.

Since I posted I changed two things in the bg already. Removed erode for font eruption and Voidmage for Overmind. Overmind utility is just too good to pass and often I saw myself wanting I had draw him sooner.

As for font eruption I swaped it so I could have a pseudo anti-relic that also hit's champs. Also seems like a good idea due the amount of maps with split battles going on. I'm still evaluating this as most decent players will just deploy and stay out of fonts as much as they can. I definely wouldn't run 2 of them, specially with overminds around. The downside of erode is that relic deployed behind Shrines often remains untouched (I'm looking at you FW).

Only thing left I need to address is someway to deal with equips... specially negative equips. But since I'm running several, my counter is to just equip the champ I want to protect.

Regarding your bg, I'll have to agree with you that your running too many dmg spells. I would remove 1 font eruption and 1 pygmy (I only use those when I'm out of psychic blasts or when need a bit more dmg delt and I have few units out). I really recommend running at least 1 marsh song.

For champs I would definely swap Sixul for Overmind and never look back. It has alot more synergy with the rest of the bg and it's cheaper.