Public apologies to the community

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Pedeguerra, Jul 29, 2016.

1. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Hey guys. I'll try to be as succint as I can so I don't take much of your time.
    So I will start off by saying: sorry to the community and to everybody I treated with disrespect and rudeness. Specially, @Lushiris , @Xirone , @themacca , @BurnPyro , @Sokolov , and most recently @super71 and @newsbuff . I displayed ill behavior towards you guys most vehemently, and I'm sorry for that and feel bad for causing any kind of distress to you guys.
    With that said, and I'll try to keep this short, I'm going to share some of my personal history not as some kind of an excuse, but just so you guys can know me better so you can find the serenity to forgive me.
    I'm 33 years old, married to a beautfiul, and a lawyer who loves football, Naruto, super heroes, weed and anything associated to fantasy worlds. I was born into a very well stablished family, and lived the happiest of lifes with my father, mother and sister up until 2008. I won't get into much details on how my life was up until this point, but I had no reasons to complain.
    However, on 2008, which coincidentally was the year I found Pox for the second time on the internet, my mom, who was the person I loved most in my life, got diagnosed with terminal cancer. I don't want to annoy you guys with how hard it was to live that experience, but Pox at that time helped a lot by simply making me stop thinking about my mom and death.
    So I dove into Pox, both ingame and on the forums. It was the only place where I felt I could get away from my troubles. And yet, the more I got envolved with Pox, the more I started to develop a weird relationship of love and hate towards the game. I know we have all been there, but since I was experiencing a life trauma experience I think the feeling got enhanced. Competition was too fierce and being able to work on the background made me develop a sense of responsibility that I shouldnt have.
    Time passed, my mom was still struggling, and in 2011 I lost my first relative, my grandmother - up until that point I had never experienced death in my family. Soon after, march 2012, my mother passeed. Then, in 2013, I found my grandfather dead in his house and, in 2015, I lost another grandfather.
    I don't really want to get in details of how hard this whole experience was, but while all that was happening I think I kinda associated that bad period with my life to Pox. I'm no psychologist, but I think it probably did that uncounciously, and so even though I love Pox to the bottom of my heart, I dont have as much good experiences while playing it as I once had.
    Anyway, I think that even without knowing I adopted this persona here, of a guy who is close minded, arrogant and really doesnt want others to care, because he didnt care about others. However, and please believe me on this one, I'm not like that at all (well, maybe a little arrogant, but thats cause Im too good hehe) in real life. From what others tell me and from my own feelings, I'm genuinely a nice guy.
    So after all the things @kalasle told me yesterday, I got thinking and really, this "thing" has to stop. I have all the power to revert this situation and try to compensate the time lost with you guys. Also, coming to these forums is a privilege, not my right.
    Anyways, I said all of the above to: 1) say I'm genuinely sorry; 2) to try and find piece in my heart so I can play Pox again without feeling the need to be the best, just for fun.
    Now, I'm not saying that from this day forward I will be the most helpful person around, because I'm getting old, grumpy and tired. However, if I have something to say I will take my time to do it, and explain with respect and politeness.
    So, again, sorry guys. I hope you guys can find the serenity in your hearts to forgive me and I hope we can all get along nice from this day forward. We have known each other for a while now, you guys are all awesome and I love the fact that I can share my nerdiness with you.
    I think another step in Pox rehab will probably be reinstalling the game and trying to play a match or two without the feeling of needing to be the best or assuming that I know better than anyone. Just play a match or two here and there, for fun. We will see. Newsbuff, we are still on that challenge, however it will be much more of a fun contest than me trying to demoralise you.
    Thanks dudes.

4NIK8, Tweek516, cantha and 16 others like this.
  2. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

nothing to forgive. i never put you ignore for a reason, you were amusing, despite your negativity. dont be too hard on yourself

i'm still down to school your ass in pox anytime btw

Lushiris and Pedeguerra like this.
  3. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

So much respect to you for this, man. Didn't realize what you'd been going through.

I look forward to seeing you around again!

Lushiris and Pedeguerra like this.
  4. DrakeArron

DrakeArron I need me some PIE!

Props to you for this. I'm far to much of an empathetic to actually read the whole thing (I'd feel far to uncomfortable, more for you then for me), however it makes me happy to see this done. Very rare to see someone recognize faults... Good luck to you!

Pedeguerra likes this.
  5. Atherhog

Atherhog I need me some PIE!

Dude... You have balls the size of houses for posting this open and honest post. If you were here, I'd give you a cuddle.

Much love :)

Pedeguerra likes this.
  6. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Oh

I didn't feel mistreated or stuff. But cool beans

Pedeguerra likes this.
  7. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

+like

Pedeguerra likes this.
  8. Pedeguerra

Thanks dudes.
    Honestly, though, I shouldnt have acted bad in the fist place.
    But sure is nice that you guys liked it.

9. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

Don't think anyone mistook your forum persona for your essence, hence the mass amount of tolerance towards you. Caring can be both healthy and harmful, just try and find your balance.

That said, do hop in game, I need someone to play Lonx so everyone realises how potentially broken they are. If you need any kitties/runes aside from the ones in latest expansion (I do have the Lonx Bone Charms which are essentially crazy though) let me know~

Pedeguerra likes this.
  10. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

You're a good person. Sometimes the interwebs gets the best of us, it's so impersonal. Be well.

Tweek516, Qucas, Geressen and 2 others like this.
  11. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

all those words and not once was I mentioned. I am hurt, or pretending to be hurt.
    pfffft , showoff.

wait wait, I found the hidden message!

You sicken me.

^that I guess^

technically I think what you describe is more of a near dead/death experience.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
    Qucas and Pedeguerra like this.
  12. Pedeguerra

Hahahahah well played.
    The OP was directed to you also, but I feel you deserve a more direct approach: sorry if I did wrong to you bud.
    Take it easy

Geressen likes this.
  13. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

nah man you don't owe me anything. you're a nice guy.

Qucas and Pedeguerra like this.
  14. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

@Pedeguerra great apology man. I haven't been on the receiving side of your ire, because I don't claim to know anything about Pox, but I have observed the changes in your posting style. I'm glad you're coming back to the game and returning to your old self.

15. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Welcome back dude, glad to see you back for good!

16. Zetsu

Zetsu The King of Potatoes

Pedeguerra is not Dagda? WAIT, Pedeguerra = Warfoot?

I really thought it was Dagda and was like WTF happened to you...

17. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Correct

18. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

nah mate i just split

Tweek516, Pedeguerra, Qucas and 4 others like this.
  19. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

Welcome back to the positive side.

PS I don't get an apology? xD

20. DrakeArron

DrakeArron I need me some PIE!

You know, for some reason I don't think that chart is very informative..... XD

Qucas, Geressen and SPiEkY like this.