Purchased Planar Disturbances Box, where are other decks?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CrayonWhite, Jun 8, 2017.

1. CrayonWhite

CrayonWhite New Member

New player here. Please be patient, need help please.

I purchased the Planar Disturbances Boxes for 1800 credits. The purchase is supposed to come with 10 total packs. Upon purchase and opening, I was shown only one pack's worth of rune cards. Where are the other 9 packs??? Also, in the Runeforge, I don't see the new cards which came with my purchase. My shards did increase by 500 correctly though.

My question is thus where are my missing packs and how do I get the runes I purchased which ought to come with them?

2. CrayonWhite

CrayonWhite New Member

Okay I just found the new cards in the rune checklist without filters... TIL planar disturbance is a new pack expansion by itself. Why is there no option to sacrifice the new planar disturbance runecards for shards?

3. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

There is a "next pack" button in the pack opener modal. But that is just a visual, as soon as you make the purchase all the runes are added to your collection.

We do need to give players a better way to find their new runes in the Rune Manager for sure.

Andoid likes this.
  4. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

hi! last expansion's runes are always not forgeable nor shardable. so you will have to keep them unless you trade them or use a third party trade site like poxbox.

5. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

When the next expansion comes out, everything from Planar Disturbances will be able to be sacrificed just like any other rune in the Extended Set.

6. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

if there wasnt trading available for this game, i would say you're right. But there is trade, so no reason not to push a little cash into dog with last expansion.
    Now with release on ps4 without trade, could be an idea to open the forge also for last expansion, but its not like the first priority.

7. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Agreed, there's no reason people shouldn't be able to sacrifice runes they've paid for. I can understand not allowing people to forge the most recent expansion.

*Edit: Actually thinking about it further, it's probably a single flag in a database that hides a rune from the forge. If they wanted to change it to allow sacrifice but not forging, it would be a code change, and there's enough work on their plate for now. Sounds like a good enhancement request for the future.

SPiEkY likes this.
  8. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

yeah it cant be many minutes coding in the new client to fix this silly decission so that every rune can be sacrificed.
    and forged, just make the latest one cost 5-10x as much until next expansion, would get rid of alot of old runes over time. if someone really wanted to forge them.

and add microtransactions, cant belive how this game can get money to survive with 1 year since last expansion to bring in some cash

9. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

Coding isn't that simple that we could just dismiss it as minutes. It could be hours or days depending on how it's set up and it's possible they don't have someone with the ability to even do so on a payroll right now, which means if they hired someone specifically for this job, you'd have to throw in the extra time needed for them to familiarize with the rig . Given that client and whatever else they're working on already would be an immediate priority, this is even further down the realm of what's even doable yet it immediately affects the customers they're trying to attract negatively since it's an industry standard for people to be able to cash in their dupes for in-game currency.

SPiEkY likes this.
  10. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

No, if you have built the client totally since its a new one, this is very very simple to code those few lines or alter it. And if you have made a new client without splitting up parts of the code so its very simple to find where to start as a new programmer coming into the project you shouldnt work with coding.
    ok in the old client where 10+ years of old code was around and multiple coders been moving things around, then i agree with you.
    but this should either be just variables in the database structure, or just simple selections in the client code, and either should just take a few mins if you are familiar with the project.

but sure, maybe they fired the coder and have no documentation and have to start from nothing, then yeah this could be a pain to fix but then they got bigger problems :)

11. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

You'd have to also re-work the site bits and god knows how the PS4 parts tie into this, it's not just a one new brand new client thing. It's all up in the air and just speculation but I wouldn't imagine it would take more than a month or two for planning, hiring and getting the actual job done plus debugging. Which begs the question of why the Firk not do it prior to the client and PS4 release?

Hierokliff likes this.
  12. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

The forge isn't only new client, it is also the website and the underlying database that is tied to both. From an extremely simplistic view, the column that determines if a rune can be forged and sacrificed must be changed to be two columns. To keep with good coding standards, the old column name probably should be changed as well, to reflect the new use. Then the client has to be updated to read the two new columns. The forge on the website also has to be updated to read the two new columns. Updating the client and the website could be very easy, or very time consuming.

Beruge and MrBadguy like this.
  13. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

My guess is it has something do with coding. like keeping them out of the rune forge altogether is easier than coding "shard only " funct ion