questions about legendarys

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nyanta, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Nyanta

Nyanta I need me some PIE!

i have some questions about the legendary drop chances that D.O.G mentioned in the post about the changes to packs which was if you buy around 10 packs you get a chance to receive a legendary (i cant link the post cause it was on the soe site which is down). here are the questions i have

1. will there be a way to see how many more packs you need to buy before you get a legendary drop chance?

like a number that says 3 more to go in the market place

2. if you were to buy packs from 2 different sets would they count towards a legendary drop chance or will they count only for their own sets?

say i were to buy 5 core packs and then buy 5 extended packs would i receive a legendary drop chance for the extended pack or would i have to buy 5 more core and/or extended packs for legendarys

3. if the game does count the purchase of any pack towards a legendary drop will expansion packs drop legendarys of older releases if the expansion itself does not contain legendarys of its own?

if the next pox expansion was released would i have to avoid buying the expansion packs as my 10th pack if it did not contain a legendary and save the 10th for one of the older packs or would i be safe to get them

3a. if the expansions without legendarys did drop older legendarys what set would they be from core, extended, or would it be the previous release legendary?

say that next expansion is released tomorrow and it didn't contain a legendary and i buy 10 expansion packs would i receive a core, extended, or one of the solo legendarys they (were the most recently released)

4. what is the legendary drop chance percentage ?

i need a number to yell about in the middle of the night to scare my family when i buy a ton of packs and don't receive a legendary(i have terrible luck sometimes)

2. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

For how it used to be and what I remember

Each pack contained 1 rare with a 10% chance to be an exotic

And I believe it was then that if you had an exotic, you had a 10% chance to become a legendary, or it gave you a 10% chance of containing an extra legendary

Given that there are 8 factions, that meant that if you got a legendary, you had a 12.5% chance to get the legendary you wanted.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
  3. Exit

Exit The King of Potatoes

My best guess answers:

First, buying a pack traditionally gave you 6 common, 3 uncommon, and 1 rare - that rare has a 10% chance to be an exotic or a legendary, if that expansion has a legendary available. I've done a strict analysis of drop rates from all my purchases and came up with the following:

14.097% (overall excluding starters and theme decks)
    17.500% (buying packs only)
    6.748% (buying packs only)

So buying packs is a crap shoot, each time you have a 1 in 10 chance of getting an exotic. That means if you are super lucky, you could get an exotic with each pack bought, but more than likely, you will receive no exotic. I bought 74 packs, so that shows you that out of those 74 packs I received 5 exotics (1 exo per 14.8 packs). Out of the 16 boxes I purchased, I received 28 Exotics (1.75 exos per box).

So, to try to answer your questions:

1., 2. It doesn't work that way (see above)

3. I'm assuming so, I think this a big issue when someone wants a particular rune, but since the forge will supposedly allow destroying a rune for another, you can get a portion of the value of that rune towards another. It's not one to one (in terms of converting to shards), so I believe trading will still be the best return.

4. I've never gotten a legendary from a pack or box, but it is possible. It's chance maybe be 10% again if an exotic, I think. So 10% chance exotic, and if exotic, 10% chance of Legendary.

4. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

We need the bug to reoccur that was giving us a Sixul in every box.

Exit likes this.
  5. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

I am sad that I missed my opportunity on that one =(.

6. Nyanta

Nyanta I need me some PIE!

the problem is the D.O.G. post i saw on the soe forum stated that they were changing the drop chances so that every 10th pack you buy would have a chance to drop a legendary because the legendarys were being rolled into the packs and would no longer be sold separately. when i read it i felt as if it didn't have enough info about the new drop system. The more i thought about it the more questions it raised to me about how the system was going to work and the problem i may encounter with it. While your information may be accurate for the drops of an individual pack im looking for answers on the new legendary system that the owls said they were going to implement for the new packs when the transfer was complete.

7. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

It's a probability for each pack, buying more packs doesn't increase the chance that a particular pack will have a LEG. Each pack open is an independant probability event.

8. Exit

Exit The King of Potatoes

Yeah, that is the question - how will it be different with the new system? I saw a lot of speculative things and estimates, but nothing concrete from the DoG guys. I'm wondering if they have even decided on how everything will work yet. Who knows, they might be focusing on getting the game live first, then turn on the rune store after they got things working on the new server. Maybe they have all the answers, and we'll find out in a few hours. *shrugs*