Quick Fix to help fix balance

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by EnigmaXIII, Jul 8, 2014.

1. EnigmaXIII

EnigmaXIII I need me some PIE!

I think these are the runes that should be taken care of quickly since they are being used in multiple bgs by many people for their imbalances. I think its the quickest way to freshen up poxnora and i think the fixes i mentioned are rather simple :). I've come to notice the thing being abused the most lately is summons :). So i was wondering what you guys think of this as a quick fix:

Summons:
    Make it so summons do not receive any bonuses, including faction bonuses. This means no boosts, no foment, no nothing, but they can still count towards surge and be meat walls. Also champions that spawn very high hp summons like K'thun need to be changed so the champion spawns at 30% hp. Without ST faction bonus i think Kas Pupils are fine, boghoppers are decent if they cant be boosted, and i think snakes are okay if they have no boosts.

Next is a few champs that are very common and out of wack:

Elven Ancestor:
    For something that can scale so much, there is no reason for it to have such high base stats especially considering the 2 factions bonus that it is receiving. I have two possible fixes for this rune depending on if you want it to scale or just be a good rune without scaling.

1. Removing Ally abilities: Speed 7>6, def 1>0, HP 44>34. Replace ally abilities with chill 1,2,3
    2. Removing Adaptive abilities: Keeps all base stats, loses phase shift, gains frost armor 1,2,3

Nokhan Guide:
    Insanely over effecient for 61 nora. Base stats alone with nokhan do its already over powered, but it has a whole slew of abilities too.

HP 42>40, Losses basic attack gains passive, Train Nokhan Do>Sustain Nokhan Do

Gnarlwood Launcher:
    I think all would agree its pretty over powered post revamp consiering the changs to range. I just think it needs a change of base stats, and to be made slightly easier to kill.

DMG 12>9, Range 6-8>5-7, HP 55>44, Gains easy target to base (No nora reduction)

I would love some feed back :). Please if you include your own set of runes, make sue its not just something you faced once and it really pissed you off, i want something that can be done in a single patch to fix things up very quick and it has to be something thats being overplayed because of its overpowered-ness lol. Thank you :)

2. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

3. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

Yeah, like, wtf is this post.

Down.

4. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Please, follow this directives when making champion suggestions and complaining in general:
    Champion cost are determined for an algorithm that determines the cost of his "body"
    Each ability has a nora cost (that you can see on poxbase)
    The final cost of the champion is the sum of the algorithm cost and the cost of his abilities, of course some champions may be corrected by hand, but you can consider that as a correction to the cost algorithm.
    Now, you have to identify the problem of the rune, if the rune is bad, there are 3 general cases that can cause it:
    a) it isn't well designed, basically, his abilities and stats don't go well together, for example, soulharvester in a 4 damage champion would make for a bad champion. A champion designed to contest fonts with 5-7 range will be bad also. If this is the case, propose a redesign of the rune, preferably in the thread that surely exists in one of the subforums.
    b) some ability is improperly costed: bring this up in the "ability issues" thread.
    c) the stats are improperly costed: don't bring this up anywhere, read the revamp cost update (sticky in general)
    If the rune is too good:
    a) it's too well designed, and a combination of abilities/stats it's so good that it breaks the game from pure synergy, even if the individual abilities are properly costed, example: ghost + eternal storm. propose a redesign.
    b) and c) same as above.
    d) the champion doesn't fulfill a useful role for his theme/faction so it doesn't gets used: propose a redesign like in a).

5. EnigmaXIII

I didnt think that anyone would argue that these runes are over powered, and im in no way complaining, imbalances are bound to happen. If you disagree thats fine tho lol, im not some all knowing poxer, maybe it was just me.

6. EnigmaXIII

Im sure you guys know better than me, if you have your own suggestions feel free :).

7. st3ck

st3ck I need me some PIE!

That is honestly a really interesting idea for summons. I think it is just a bit counter-intuitive, but summons have and will probably always be a problem unless there is some flood of hard counter (really cheap sever Units).

Trees in General have some interesting costs, but the new algorithm out of geddens thread should help alleviate some stresses.

Otherwise, I don't think your changes address the core of the problem, or even the problem entirely.

With the ST guy, I've had him parked Ina don't not doing anything, so to me it seems nokhan is the problem, maybe cost, maybe speed, but for not doing anything at all, he's hard to kill. (Punish is what I came up with to counter, lot less punish around)

With the tree, he is far from the big offender in tree bgs, most of the time I don't see him at all.

Summons have issues, and maybe should just cost Nora to use the ability, but making then counter-intuitive to all other effects doesn't seen the best way to go