Quitting till next expansion comes out/client gets fixed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mintdude1, Jun 6, 2017.

1. mintdude1

mintdude1 The King of Potatoes

It's really really boring playing the game now; Stagnant runes and a client that has seriously under delivered on expectations is why i'll be saying goodbye until things get sorted out!

Hope things get better soon! Would be a shame for a great game like this to fail!

2. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

I expected nothing less so have been in waiting for the next set and client to stabilize.

The moment i saw the beta version i knew we were in for a long ride heh.

mintdude1 likes this.
  3. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

the meta is fresh, but the client has so many bugs, that the game isnt really competitive atm.

4. Elric

Elric I need me some PIE!

It might just be what I'm facing all the time, but all I see is K'ento or Tortun Fishkisser. It's getting pretty boring. I'm not really sure that the meta is that fresh. These days I rarely ever see the other factions...just ST or FS or some mix of that. I'd say the meta is pretty stale. Of course the population is small, so it just means that players are gravitating to the 2 most powerful factions, maybe.

5. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

No kanen slippeds with blood thirsty blades?

No sl meta decks with aoe spam?

Interesting

6. Elric

In dozens and dozens of ranked games, not a single Kanen have I encountered. I think I only encountered SL decks from PS4 players, so no meta SL decks.

When K'ento and Tortun Fishkissers give you easy wins, I guess that gets ST and FS played more right now. Or maybe, I was just strangely logging in at the same time as ST and FS players. Who knows?

7. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

It's always interesting to hear how fast the meta changes and yet it's also constantly stale.

Just a few weeks ago we were talking about SL and KF illusions being the top decks with barely a mention of K'ento and Fishkisser.

And now it's apparently only K'ento and Fishkisser and everything else has disappeared.

attio26, Tweek516, Fentum and 4 others like this.
  8. Elric

Yeah, I have not even encountered a single KF illusion deck in my journey to Battlemaster League.

9. Elric

Oh darn, after many games, I finally encountered a non-ST or FS deck, but it was a draw-win game where they deployed a 1st-turn Golden Lamia. I already knew that I would lose the middle font accordingly as that's how I won many games playing as FW.

10. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

I think the problem lies in this statement here:
    He just said journey to BM. I don't feel like this is representative of the top 20-50 meta. That thing is a real crunch point. Most people are playing what they enjoy at this stage, but SL, ST and SP (split) are definitely overly prevelant. Haven't seen anyone playing KF recently until tiny especially after the nerfs (I recall theRed losing a lot of elo after it).

I wouldn't take his word for the fishkisser and kento nonsense. I don't believe they are the prime offenders of broken at high elo (though they are both very strong).

It's hard to pinpoint what makes the above decks so strong, but I'd probably point more towards the supports than the beaters/tanks. I feel like what seperates FS, FW and UD from the top few (IS is just a different case) is that they don't have EXTREMELY powerful supports such as Spinner, Mika, Aspect of Infinity, Manticore, Phoenix, Snake Charmer etc etc.

I'm semi-ok with OP beaters/tanks/runes that fight (it's only when they're hugely off such as 60 Nora border guard elites) since you can point to problem runes in almost any faction (fishkisser, kento, blah blah blah). Not every faction has a huge plethora of viable support units to choose from and I feel like factions that do have 'overpowered' ones since there is simply nothing for them to compare to.

I feel like a lot of the supports above are "obviously overpowered". It's simply because they are all overpowered with each other you can't compare them to other runes.

For example.
    Is mika stronger than snakecharmer for their relative costs? Probably not. They are both fine then right I mean KF has charmer SP has mika etc. and they are all on the same power level.

The problem comes that not every faction has a mika and if they did they would be auto just like above. Then the problem would be easier to spot for the people. Then you could easily pinpoint the problem and say hmmm maybe the cost of support champions is a tad low and we can make nerfs accordingly. Until then we are in limbo of everyone making wild fishkisser nerf calls when who can really say fishkisser is better than x champion in x faction when they are all the same level of bonkers.

Meanwhile I can say for certainty that mika is better than finlords neophyte etc etc. and I feel like supports are the problem not the beaters.

Now Sok is going to say wow look people are complaining about supports now when I just went through the reasons they aren't talked about. I remember how hard it was to get snowspinner nerfed, I couldn't believe how people thought that was a fair rune (it still isn't) and wasn't deserving of at least a change. If it's not in your face winning games people seem to discard "overpoweredness". Here AoI isn't one turning your runes for 50 damage, but it is doing 'other things' that create and equally large Nora disparity as killing a rune etc.

Oh well people are still going to probably call me out here.

11. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Come watch me, I'm playing slags hyaenid/ moga and doing work

12. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

there is no meta atm, there are too few players playing pvp rank.
    i had one fun game yesterday of my 12 pvp i tried
    it was fun because i fought Shrinemaster using IS while i was playing UD so it was really reversed, and i thought he would get another easy win over me, he useally wins when we fight.
    but I won fast & easy to my surprise, it made me more confirmed that UD beats IS 9 of 10 times.

13. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

i'm ranking split fs/st without playin any fishkisers, kento, snowspinner . and i won last 4 matches. but i'm weird and play tricky bgs so it doesn't count.

Hierokliff likes this.
  14. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Maybe if you actually played the game you would know. Otherwise I wouldn't comment too much, it just makes one look ill informed. Especially when it's about tortun fishkisser, the rune in literally every fs and kf deck.

15. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

No need to get curt. Sok does play, on alts, so people don't know. Secondly he has the stats for what is played when/where so he knows more then you think.

Tweek516, MaruXV and Etherielin like this.
  16. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

We're all Soko's alts, even DiCEM0nEY - in this case I suspect that this is the amalganation of Sok's darkest thoughts though.

Tweek516, NevrGonaGivUup and MaruXV like this.
  17. xaznsoulx

xaznsoulx Supreme Dream Team 夢想 隊

Who's gonna say "Hey Hey" to the guildies now? :(

18. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

Problem is its stale, but think ppl got bored of using KF and SL and either left the pvp rank because those are boring or because of the new client. Left are FS and ST, they aint as good as KF,SL but good enough to dominate

no as long you dont plan "seasons / expansions" and just balance alot it will be stale. a season without faction bonus, a season with FF Hero required, a winter season, a double nora from fonts season...but then again who says stale is a bad thing? chess has been around for ages :)

I think alot will change with a few hotfixing/patching of the client, reset of the ladder and people start play for real again then just fooling around / testing things. so ppl crying for nerfs atm are just bored.

19. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

One thing that does annoy me is how sok talks of the 'meta' and how everyone is simply 'wrong'. Why talk down to your fanbase in a condescending manner like this. I like how Sok and his lovers seem to block out the nerf of KF illusions when discussing the meta 2 months ago and now. You actually did a great job of shaking up the then stale meta by nerfing one of the key benefactors to the power of a tier 1 BG.

But before that illusions weren't even played? I think we are forgetting that UD BE existed.

The power of runes and BGs exist on a spectrum. The top players will play the top BGs. Why play KF illusions when you can win 50% more games playing a BG that is far more broken? Doesn't make the illusions any less OP, the meta any less 'wrong', and the players any more stupid for not realising how "OP" illusions are/were.

I'd like to make an analogy to another equally competitive game; CSGO.

The game went through a very dark period where the CZ (a 300 dollar pistol) was the definition of bonkers. In essence you could go toe to toe with rifles at insane ranges, and up close you just clicked and melted people. It was OP. It was later nerfed numerous times.

Sometime later, coincidentally after these nerfs, an old pistol that was barely used, the Tec-9, rose to power. It did a lot of things that the old CZ did. It was overpowered. It was later nerfed numerous times.

In a lot of threads similar to this, when the meta is talked about, @Sokolov would be the kind of person to say: "wow you guys, first I nerf the CZ and then I nerf the tec9 when the tec9 wasnt even played 2 months ago? Can't you just make up your mind on the meta and git gud?"

Are the players wrong here? No. Is the meta wrong? No. Was the Tec-9 not overpowered? No.

Pls stop with this nonsense Sok its mean and rude IMO (just my opinion thought I'd mention that again).

I still think Elric is wrong here too just btw. Its still SL and ST at the top as people in the previous thread you cited were saying. I don't recall anyone playing FS that wasn't playing FS before to give him this perception. Perhaps its the elo hes playing at. Kento was being complained about alongside spinner and BGE. BGE and spinner desperately needed to be nerfed so they were cried about the most and Kento was hidden from the immense nerf limelight (though I do definitely remember the forums crying about him). Most players cited that providence pushed him over the top anyways.

20. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

I think you're wrong if you think the top players only play the top bgs.