rage quit solution :) GREENS TAKE A LOOK

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by poxrevenge, May 4, 2014.

1. poxrevenge

poxrevenge The King of Potatoes

hi ,
    so , a lot of players do this ...
    i observe a LOT of games and i see ppl when dont have nothing to do , just dc and let the other wait almost 4 minutes

so why not punish this ppl?
    in some games when player dc he doesnt gain any coin/gold on that game and when re-enter i gain less gold for like 1/2 games wtv ..
    implement this here , and lets see who have " weak internet"

some ppl gonna say "what about the ones that is really internet problem? "
    a.1: i have a feeling we are gonna see less of that ppl if they implement this
    a.2 : its a price to pay :/

also fix the force frienfly quit

2. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

This solution has been proposed, many times, and the fact that it penalizes players with poor internet connection is not cost that anyone's been willing to take. If you're annoyed by players rage quitting in that fashion then I recommend locating a stash of 4 minute videos you enjoy, maybe some music, or do what I do and play another game while you wait.

3. devrn

devrn I need me some PIE!

terrible idea. I lag after having poxnora open for a certain amount of time and I have to close it mid game.

Kimiz, Faust and SPiEkY like this.
  4. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

lol 4 minutes dude... get up and drink some water... eat some banana... or just close your eyes and relax. you just won a match

DarkJello likes this.
  5. poxrevenge

poxrevenge The King of Potatoes

Relog takes like 30 secs ..
    i didnt said remove the 4 min , just said player wait the 4 min but the other get penalized

but well lots of ppl on this game can't acept that they lose
    and make this STUPID attitudes ( kids ...)

Goyo : even if was 1 minute , when you think you lose surrender button is there for something... i dont care if is 4 minuts or 10
    the question is not the time , is the community we have

6. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

And is the unbalance we have too, I often early surrender because of it, would understand if someone wants to just QUIT rather than surrender -> quit.

7. devrn

devrn I need me some PIE!

if you think about it, that extra 4 minutes could give faction points, making the game count( min. of 5 minutes for it to count as a game), and extra gold. is rage quitting really that problematic?

SPiEkY likes this.
  8. Greysands22

Greysands22 I need me some PIE!

I am actually one of those people who have valid DC issues. I have crappy Verizon DSL, and every night...every single night...I lose my IP.
    I try not to que around those times but sometimes you just miss what time it is. The game still sees me as online and my timer just keeps ticking away as if I was there but afk.

Once I reconnect I usually try to relog into Pox and rejoin the game just to apologize to my opponent and hit the surrender button, because being afk for 2 turns usually doesn't = a win.

But sometimes I just go do something else. Sorry.

So yeah I absolutely can't support this idea man, just gotta deal with rage quitters man....

9. MageAstral

MageAstral The King of Potatoes

To punish people is the worst idea, you don't have enough players that you can make a selection here.

An option to consider is to change the quit button to- quit+surrender. I know many will still use the alt+f4, yet it will help a little.
    May the 4th be with you.