Randomness just pisses me off ...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Boozha, May 4, 2014.

1. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

That is the goal. Our general philosophy is that Legendary Runes are just harder to get, but they my not be the best meta. They may be good, but like everything there will be a higher Nora cost associated with runes that are "Better" than others. The exception my be the Warbanners, which is one of the reasons we have included them with you acquire Avatars.

Goyo likes this.
  2. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

Yes, and the game could argued to have been on life support for about 3 years or more now?

I am well aware that nothing has changed, and if anything it has become better - but that doesn't mean that there isn't a problem.

I am probably going to spend 30 bux on pox this weekend, so I am someone who could be contributing to DoG, but unfortunately in this case they probably won't be seeing the money.

If you don't see that as a problem worth rectifying on the basis of "its always been this way" then I really don't know what to say.

However if Legs/LEs truly become an undesirable commodity (reserving judgement) then this complaint is somewhat void, admittedly.

Boozha likes this.
  3. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- They arent getting a lot of peoples money until they release new content. So hold them hostage all you want...it's not going to change pretending the reason they arent getting your money is because enough stuff isnt free.

4. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

I always hated buying random new content. Yes, I did, but only because there wasn't a choice. If I could have selected what I would get I would totally have done that. I think Money should give you a fixed return, not a lottery chance at either getting an apple or dog poop.

5. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

ITT: A moron who doesn't understand why a company should care about untapped revenue

6. Thbigchief

- So a rune store is your new groundbreaking idea? A moron is someone who thinks a business caters to one customer instead of many. You are whiny entitled players who because they have collections find opening boxes not containing rare legendarys beneath them because they had to grind and/or pay for them.

7. Boozha

Aaand thats an ignore. That much idiocy is inexcusable.

8. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

Sounds like bad luck everytime I get a box I get exactly what I want or better :p. Try again.

9. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

Mathematically speaking, the odds are way different now since the sets have been clumped together. Each set usually has 2-3 good exos, and half the legendaries are good but the other half stink(dwarven alchemist, ghern general, krix etc...) Now that the sets are combined, the pool of possible bad runes is so much higher. And the probability of getting an specific legendary is nil.

I've bought like 10 boxes since DoG took over. 5 of which I paid cash for. 3 soulthirster, 2greater pitspawn, 2 oozeking slag. Statistically that shouldn't happen if it was actually random. That being said, I also got a total 5 legendaries, Angel of mercy, angel of war, snowcharge cavalry, void spider, and (herpderp!) Dwarven Alchemist. So that is right on average. Personally I think the average should be a bit better than that.

But yeah it definitely sucks to spend $50 and get absolutely nothing.

10. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

You have typed that sentence a lot lately. (The first one).

I believe specific faction content for a small sum of money is the way to proceed. It will be noob friendly, and DoGz receives some greenbacks.

But the specific faction content should not include the current expansion.

11. Boozha

Yes, I have. The stupid is strong in some. I agree with your sentiment though

DarkJello likes this.
  12. Thbigchief

- Well you got theme decks!

13. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I think atleast 50 people have mentioned this idea me included the current system is to random and need's changed and quickly or the new players coming in after the big re-vamp will be the new players going out.

DarkJello likes this.
  14. LordRahan

LordRahan Devotee of the Blood Owl

What if individual rune can be sold with Credits? Just like SoE were selling some of the individual runes with Gold. There will not be any randomness in that.

Boozha likes this.
  15. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

We are looking into other types of reward systems. Gedden has also expressed that he wants to take a look at the bots too. Both of these take time to develop, and most of our development time at the moment is focused on the Revamp. We have a lot we want to do with Pox Nora, but we also want to take a tactful approach :D

SPiEkY, Pedeguerra and Boozha like this.
  16. Monyx

Monyx I need me some PIE!

I for one enjoy the randomness.....its nice when u get lucky and when u dont well its just another day.....its like gambling....u dont always win but when u do damn it feels good. if u already know exactly what ur gonna get....meh theres no fun in that. just my opinion....

DarkJello likes this.
  17. Boozha

If I want to gamble I'll go gamble, if I want to buy something I want to know which input will give which output.

18. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

Then a game where you buy packs with RANDOM content is probably the wrong one for you.

Thbigchief likes this.
  19. Boozha

The game is the right, the purchase system is wrong. Thats like saying "If you don't like purple a game in which a certain item is purple is probably the wrong for you" ...

20. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

Faulty comparison to put it kindly.

The premise of the game since its release has been that content is bought at random.