Rank FF's from best to worst

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GemmaXylia, Aug 6, 2016.

1. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

In reality or in perception?

2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

In a reality where you get 6 nora per round

3. Boozha

Hahano

4. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I forget how scrubs don't fully appreciate nora

JellyBerry and SPiEkY like this.
  5. Boozha

You forgot how nora can't buy you happiness

6. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Maybe you should get to rank 1 with FS again to prove a point.

Anyway from Factions I play I normally do best with SP and SL. The toughest Factions for me to play against are ST and IS. Strongest Themes are Spirits and St Beasts.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
  7. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

I think these lists are going to be based much more heavily on perception than reality and right now the factions are extremely close in total strength. You look at FS, the alleged worst faction, and it still has 4 top-tier themes in saladmans, bogs, semis, and psychic, a faction bonus that is among the best in the game, and recent releases that have turned former weaknesses into strengths. SL was a unanimous top dog last expansion and although the faction bonus took a small hit (I'd still consider it a lateral shift since it reduces more things less effectively) very little of what made them great last expansion was reduced this time around.

8. Theoutcast

Theoutcast Member

SP>FW>IS>SL>UD>ST>FS>KF

9. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

FS not bad at all its just not as strong as other factions.

10. bagoftrick

bagoftrick I need me some PIE!

I'd rate it as SP/FW/IS/Avarice/SL/FS/ST/KF. i agree that overall FS has gotten weaker due to some direct and indirect nerfs but i dont think its the worst faction in the game.

11. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

The problem with the way people are listing factions is that it makes it seem like it's literally 1-8 when in reality it's like 1-3 or 1-4.

Vorian, SPiEkY and themacca like this.
  12. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

I don't understand what you mean by this, elaborate please? :)

13. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

everyone else's > mine

14. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

15. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

1. SP/IS/FW
    2. UD/SL/ST
    3. KF/FS
    8. Whatever theme I happen to think is cool at any given time

Etherielin, Ballballer and darklord48 like this.
  16. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

A lot of factions are equal in strength or at least very close. Every faction can field strong/t1 decks. When I rank them now I rank by the quantity of strength as opposed to quality. SP which I rank higher than FW, is not because I think SP is stronger. They have a diverse number of champions they can pick and choose from. With factions I rank lower, when I face them I have a pretty good idea of the opponents deck list rather quickly.

My list really looks more like:

Factions whos meta deck will be strong regardless of what they face.
    SP
    FW

Factions that matchup strongly against the majority of decks but have a few that they struggle against.
    IS
    SL
    UD
    ST

Factions that have a few themes that are strong but can struggle against several opposing decks.
    FS
    KF

17. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

these faction rankings show that most players dont know jack about the factions they dont main.

FW and UD are the most popular factions in the game assuming all are the same strength. If they were nearly as strong as people were ranking them, you would see them played constantly at the highest level and the respective faction mains coming out of inactivity(and these factions being spammed in general) which hasnt happened and hardly ever does.(more UD mains have actually quit/become inactive and there havent really been any competitive fw mains active in the past 2 years at least unless you count teascholar. even if fw was finally buffed to a decent level and kept there it would be a long time before the faction would begin to have skilled fw mains again because all of the old fw mains are pretty much gone because of the faction having been trash for so long imo.)

I am seeing fs ranked like 6-8 when it has the best faction bonus in the game(slightly better than sp's) and probably the 2nd best nora gen. Obviously people ranking fs anything lower than 3 dont play top notch competitive fs decks...

not sure about the state of kf or sl after their bonuses were nerfed and not sure about IS after all the nerfs its received.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
  18. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

stop pretending you know what you're talking about. You know nothing

darklord48, SPiEkY and Etherielin like this.
  19. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

lol

20. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Lets play a game of "spot the inconsistency"