Rank FF's from best to worst

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GemmaXylia, Aug 6, 2016.

1. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

At the time i was active, a few months ago, id rank the factions like this.
    (competitive pvp rough estimate, may require slight adjustments)
    pretty sure the rankings havent changed all that much since then, imo.

1.SP
    2.FS
    3.SL
    4.ST
    5.IS
    6.FW
    7.KF
    8.UD
    (some factions ranked closely together are around the same strength and almost interchangeable like fs and sp or st and sl)

the top 4 is pretty solidly ranked the bottom 4 may need some adjustment.
    (approximate strength from a few months ago and likely hasnt changed much since that time, the devs rarely make big changes balancewise)

things may have changed since then but like i said the devs rarely make major sweeping changes thatd have a major effect on these rankings.

Also there are 2 seperate ways to rank when comparing faction strength. the strength of the overall faction(meaning the different decks commonly ran/themes/meta) or just ranking them by the strength of their top tier meta decks.(because of fw usually lacking, ive been testing nearly everything in the game these past 2 years, instead of maining just that faction)

I blended the 2 with these rankings with mainly their top decks in mind. Most of you ranking the factions cant do it properly because you dont have in depth knowledge of many of the factions themes or top meta decks. My rankings may be a little outdated but like i said twice before, the devs dont often make major changes to the games state of balance.

sp and fs are ranked so high because of they have the best faction bonuses by far and some of the best nora gen in the game.

st and sl have great bonus as well and good synergy

IS and KF have taken major nerfs(including to KF's bonus) and havent gotten much in return. theyve gone from being the 2 most overpowered factions to being 2 of the weakest, I feel IS needs a different faction bonus that is nora gen or stats in order for the devs to balance it properly.(non stat non nora gen bonus makes things needlessly complicated and difficult to balance properly) KF needed its faction bonus nerfed or changed but the devs were supposed to compensate the faction at the same time to counterbalance this, something they failed to realize...(the devs usually fail to get things to a sweet spot and either leave things too strong or too weak much of the time imo)

FW's bonus sucks and UD's ranged units dont even get the benefit of a full bonus(while already being the weakest ranged units out of any faction) UD also has taken pretty harsh nerfs and is lacking melee strength/synergy outside of arrow eater. FW has also taken many nerfs to unholy tomb(which almost acted as its faction bonus in the past when it generated a decent amount of nora. assuming it wasnt destroyed by your opponent or the game wasnt played on a rush map) and other key units such as xulos, polluted martyr, dark familiar, dead fairy, haunting spirit, haunting grip, etc.(many of these needed to be nerfed but instead of being balanced were destroyed like polluted, haunting spirit/grip, and unholy tomb weakening an already unreliable/inconsistent faction greatly)

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
  2. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

@BurnPyro a thought just occured to me. Maybe he's so adamant that FW is the worst Faction because he just cant accept you beat him legitimately.

SPiEkY and Ballballer like this.
  3. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

i couldnt care less about that. Even though my deck was mysteriously gutted right before the series, its irrelevant to the current topic.

im adamant because ima freaking fw main whos had to play all 8 factions because of the devs having no idea what they're doing when it comes to this faction(and the non fw players supporting them in keeping this faction weak out of dislike of some of the factions cancer/cheese/playstyles)

its been nice to have been able to take the time to learn all of the factions but i would have liked to been able to main fw from time to time and not have to make huge sacrifices in deck strength in order to do so.

4. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Wow fast response time.......

5. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

congrats to burnpyro if he feels like thats an accomplishment but if he really wanted to prove something hed be better off getting tinys deck gutted and beating him in a best of 3, lol. tiny and devilsrath are much better than anyone else currently playing this game including myself, ballballer, burnpyro, etc. when my decks arent getting nerfed to the ground and im active/playing competitively im around rank 3-5 imo. Maybe id be at their level with fw if the faction wasnt constantly trash, and i was able to focus on it but probably not. Id probably just be a solid 3 if that, imo.

6. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

can't handle muh swag

darklord48 likes this.
  7. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

touched a nerve me thinks

darklord48 and SPiEkY like this.