rank system WAI?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MentalMoles, Mar 15, 2014.

1. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

ok, so one day of ranking after the reset and some really odd results. I played one game and lost 987xp, thats normal.

Poxygen goes 8-1 and ends up rank 1 on 1098xp.
    DevilsRath goes like 25-1 and ends up on 983xp.

lol

2. MentalMoles

Just to clarify I still do not believe there is not something bugged when playing a lot of games on a big win streak, its happened time and time again. This is why I don't play ranked.

3. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

He probs got barely any experience because his opponents surrendered too quickly.

4. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I have played through several resets and like The Best said there seems to be a problem when people play 10 or more games. If I had to take a stab at it I would guess that the code is written you give diminishing returns on games after 10 in a day. To prevent people from diving or rising too quickly. (Some people used to wait till the day after and farm the low rank players, but since the farmer was still unranked they would receive more exp than on the day of the reset when everyone was equal and catapult themselves ahead.) however the diminishing returns may be taking the original 10 games into effect as well.
    Let's take Devils 25-1 record:
    Example of what it should be like (assuming I am right): 10 Full exp game + 16 diminished games.
    Example of what it is likely doing: 26 diminished exp games because more than 10 were played.

5. MentalMoles

First of all, i've actually tested that, that rule does NOT work. you still get full xp regardless of whether they insta surrender or not. Feel free to test it yourself. Also, most of devils games were longer than 5 minutes.

6. MentalMoles

Ya, i've long expected that if you spam games there is some sort of function in the code that reduces your xp gain (too much imo) which causes xp to act completely stupidly, as we have seen with Devils today. The greens have always denied this and simply state that its WAI.

I know Corticles has already stated they are thinking of a solution, but this has to be high priority because Devils tells me he isn't going to play ranked anymore until its fixed, I stopped playing ranked properly a couple of years back because of this. I refuse to play more than three games a day ever.

We need a rank system that encourages people to play more, not one that punishes them for playing games!

7. Monyx

Monyx I need me some PIE!

i am 2v2 pox battlemaster along with like millions of other ppl now. :( i dont wanna be purple pls fix.

8. devilsrath

devilsrath I need me some PIE!

I argued until the end of time with SOE and their employees who still insist that the Ranking system is completely fine and working as they intended it to. I came to the conclusion a couple year ago that if it is WAI then they must want to reward people for playing less games; once again I was right.

MentalMoles likes this.
  9. MentalMoles

On the plus side, I really do hope the Owls are going to implement something new real soon.

10. only

only Active Member

one thing I also found is that if you instantly surrender, you don't lose EXP.

11. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

My totally pulled out of ass theory on ranking is that once you lose a single game you get xp of pevious winning streak reverted up to ~5 games. At least for me it always works this way - if you have no losses at all you can get shitload of xp, but if you have even one, you get results of several last games. Considering devils lost his last game, it may be that he went +250, then lost for 67 and got 200 reverted.

12. MentalMoles

Have you actually tested this? for example playing only one game in a day and checking xp before and after?

13. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

I'm 2v2 battles maater with no games played.. Clearly not WAI.

14. MentalMoles

He did, but thats not true. You do gain full xp even if under 5 minutes.

15. Lanfear

Lanfear Well-Known Member

Time to show off my battlemaster powers....