Rarity cost and power

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Woffleet, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

Currently this scale tips all over the place. (EX. Colossal Boa)
    I think it should be something like this
    Higher Rarity = Higher Power = Higher cost
    Lower Rarity = Lower Power = lower cost
    This way things are balanced as a common has spell support to take down a legendary/exotic with the extra nora

2. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

I disagree completely.

3. Woffleet

why?

4. KTCAOP

So for a new player, how would they get the exotics? With the packs having been changed, this makes it even more difficult for them to get into the game. This gives way too much power to the people that have more money, which is exactly why I left another game that I did somewhat enjoy (Kings and Legends). When all it takes is to just pump your deck with the most expensive runes and win, you have destroyed everything that I enjoyed about this game.

5. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

I think the higher rarity runes should be theme focused and especially good for a special theme

6. Nemorga

Nemorga I need me some PIE!

Nora cost and power level should be related. I lost (almost) all interest in SOE's Pox when that reasoning began to fail more and more. I can understand there'll be some reasonable exceptions, and that no exact math equation can (or should) rule that (to allow for some extra diversity and "design space"), but... you all know what I mean.

I believe that power/cost "ratio" (whitin a reasonable margin) is at the core of balancing this game. (yep, that's my two cents!)

Woffleet likes this.
  7. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

Rarity should not=Power.

No need to drive new players off.

8. Nemorga

Nemorga I need me some PIE!

Indeed! Though Nora cost and Power level should be close friends, Rarity is a horse of a different color.

And you're right; useful and/or powerful "not-that-difficult-to-obtain" runes are a MUST for new players (and sometimes a joy for old players too)!

Woffleet likes this.
  9. Woffleet

No you have the wrong idea. commons might be weaker than those exos or legendaries but the cost difference will give that common either extra champ support or spell support.

10. KTCAOP

I'm not talking about cost in terms of Nora. I'm talking bout cost in terms of availability and how many boxes and packs they will have to buy before they are able to play.

11. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Rarity = Power means Pay = Win means Game = Bad.

12. Woffleet

no it would be balanced

13. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

What wolffleet means is that the costlier a rune is, the higher his rarity.
    I already explained in the old forums why it would be bad and you agreed, why bring it back?

14. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

It wouldn't be balanced though.

15. Boss

Boss Member

some point out that... the more money u spent, more good runes u can get. So money = power = win. And ofvourse noobs got only the starter deck with no upgrade... so u either spend money or farm for gold w/c is hard to farm...

16. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

Well, the new starter decks are made to be competitive. And you can't take 100 runes into a game just because you have 100. It's going to be 30vs30 regardless. So long as the starter decks are competitive, it's fine.

Gold should be a bit easier to farm casually though.

17. GameJack

GameJack The King of Potatoes

If Money = power = win for game. Might as well go earn $$ in real life than wasting time playing a game.

The bad part of rarity not equivalent to the usefulness of the rune is when we open packs n get a crappy card for our rare/exotic slot.

I think that the new rune forge should be helpful in recycling crappy runes.

18. Woffleet

i'm just stuck on the idea

19. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Get unstuck ... It should and will not be that way.

20. Woffleet

perhaps