Rate my fire bg c: pls

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by Daregamer, Jul 16, 2014.

1. Daregamer

Daregamer Member

Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
  2. Sunutsu

Sunutsu I need me some PIE!

I am not a pro at this game but I will try my best to help you
    Get rid of Sheoul fireball, magma bunnies, pillars of flame, retribution (since most champs in bgs are cheap now doesn't seem as worth it to me), bunny lord, firemaw, and fire starter
    Try to have 16 champions instead of 18
    Champs you should add are nefari caverunner, x2 summon borghas spell, x2 ember wasp, and goblin dirtbag
    Here is an example of what I have so far for you http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/c4=cjBcf...ch2ca8c99c3Ms4@s7FS2lsAS2zr2r3TrAr20e1Je2ge2K

3. vipoid

vipoid I need me some PIE!

I fear Firemaw is a poor inclusion. Much as I want to like him, he's pretty terrible at the moment.

Deep Elf Priestess seems dubious as well - simply because she has no fire-related stuff. Do you think Relocate Demon is worth it?

Also, you have very little in the way of Amplify Fire - with just 2 champions and an equipment with that ability. I'd definitely suggest adding a second Demon Lich, and perhaps some Goblin Dirtbags as well.

In terms of making room, I might consider removing the minotaurs and Magma Elemental - simply because they lack Fire Eater (and aren't bringing flying). Up to you, of course, but it seems like they'll make it more difficult for you to safely position AoE spells/abilities.

Also, I'd probably consider scrapping Bunny Lord too. He has Fire Eater, but lacks a fire attack and doesn't seem to add much (there just aren't enough beasts for him to support). The trouble is, for such an expensive champion, I think you really need him to pull his weight.

4. Ghismo

Ghismo New Member

you need at least 1 fading recollection/Caliginous Cauldron vs fire immunity champ

5. Daregamer

Daregamer Member

Thank you guys alot, this helped a bunch.
    Another question though, is Cinderpede still viable?

6. HannibalFee

HannibalFee Devotee of the Blood Owl

yes

7. Tal3234

Tal3234 Devotee of the Blood Owl

Cinderpede and Maxxarek.. :)

8. Pheezy

Pheezy The King of Potatoes

Just curious, how does cauldron help against enemies with immunity:fire? I don't see it. Do you mind clarifying?

Cheers

9. Tal3234

Tal3234 Devotee of the Blood Owl

2 fading recollection better .. the cauldron is more fire dam per attack , not ?

10. Pheezy

exactly what I was thinking lol

11. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

Cauldron converts fire DAMAGE into LOSS OF LIFE. Fire immunity prevents fire damage, not loss of life. So it allows you to bypass fire immunity. There might be some other incidental benefits (avoiding tough, maybe certain defensive abilities--I'd have to test that one; depends on what "would take" means).

12. Pheezy

So what you are saying is that if an enemy unit with "immunity: fire" takes fire dmg from my unit, it instead takes loss of life dmg? And also, does this mean that amplified fire dmg would not apply? Just the basic dmg that is on my unit will be converted to loss of life dmg?

13. Raikan

Yes to the first part--the fire damage is converted to loss of life, which bypasses the fire immunity defense. I believe (but would have to check) that the loss of life equals the amped fire damage--so there's no loss of overall damage; instead the type of damage just changes.

14. Ghismo

Ghismo New Member

basically Caliginous Cauldron convert fire damage in loss of life...it works even on your immunity fire/fire eater champ

15. Pheezy

Oh wow. thats amazing. An auto-include for fire bgs then, especially with fire-attack heavy bgs, i'd say. Thanks guys. ^^

16. Raikan

If you're running fire, I think 2x ember wasp, 2x nefari caverunner, 1-2x summon borghas, and 2 bok raiders (at new pricing) are great investments. W/ 2 deep elf priestesses, you can deploy champs w/ init 2/reinforce 2, relocate them, and then flamestrike/fire bomb for surprise damage.

Alt Damage: 2x demon lich is a good investment; calig cauldron is better than FR imo.

Fire Giant is really tanky and synergizes well w/ molten cloak/tinderbox.

As others have said, flamecrusher will be difficult to maneuver in a lava-creating bg (is that your goal?). But in a non-lava, straight fire amp bg, he's pretty good. W/ combat awareness, he'll avoid your auras, bombs, fire volatility and fire blast damage. If you include, add 2x maddening echoes (alt damage and synergy w/ combat awareness).

Abyssal Fiend is really good right now: 8 speed on turn after deploy; he'll double tap pretty much each round w/ multi 1; he's cheap; he amps fire; he has fire eater; and he gets bonus speed from tinder box.

Goblin Dirtbag: Another cheap source of amp fire + stall, blind, mudsling...lots of cc and a 2-4 range attack.

I'd probably run something like this: http://poxbase.com/deck/C4=CfVC3BC6-C8dC8aCdIc60Ca8S2ls3os86sOsAs2zr3qr3TrAr20e2ge2K I probably need to work in a shatter/detect. Deep Elf Scout is good for cheap.

Edit: Lots of 2x2 in that group...even if each 2x2 is good by itself.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
  17. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Just so you guys know: Fire damage converted to Loss of Life via Cauldron does not get amped. Also, your own champs will take Loss of Life instead of Fire damage as well, so bear that in mind (i.e. ember wasp's volatility doesn't proc within 3 spaces of a Cauldron, as it is Loss of Life, not Fire DMG).

18. Daregamer

Daregamer Member

Well, I dont know what's better at the moment Fire or Lava and i might make 2 seperate BG's and then see what works better. :3
    Thx for your info ^^ this helped alot.

19. Squama

Squama I need me some PIE!

You are confusing Cauldron and Pauldron in the previous discussion i suppose :)

20. Squama

Squama I need me some PIE!

...and by the way, for a full fire deck, i include TWO Cauldrons. They are wonderful against so many things: impervious, ethereal, tough, immunity, reflexes, evasive, deflect, etc...

Best UD relic in the game, followed by head of osarius.