Ravenwraith BG

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by TeaScholar, Oct 18, 2015.

1. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

I want to make a bg where the entire point is to keep a Ravenwraith or two alive at all costs.

I don't care if it's split or not. So what are the things that combo the best with her from ya'lls perspectives?

I already know shield of darkness is like her personal equip. But bone circle staff works too. But that's just equips.

I know we got a couple champs that can heal or transfer life now, so I'll probably work with those. But which champs compliment Ravenwraith in a bg? I'll likely still run enough range and other vengefuls like Gen Lich to support her. Her greatest weakness seems to be her range and base hp.

2. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

i dunno if it is her range, or tankness but Ravenwraith has always let me down when I build a bg around her. Maybe shadow strike would help her, i dunno though....

It seems like bile zombies, death bird, death guards, Polluted Martyr would show up to help her. The build up to a strong ratenwraith with that hp and defense is the let down.

A nod to another race, like lich, would let you build up that hp but still i see her being in a "when the stars a line" type bg.

3. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

See the "Big Vengeful" thread -- that's essentially the deck, although the version there uses Serkan and Elsari Culler with Vendetta as super-champs. I've tried out Ravenwraith as well, and she's pretty good. Key pieces include Broken Bones, Wandering Zombie, and Devourer/Yard.

4. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

ST/ obviously.
    You get facilitator to shuffle equips, shielded from spell so you don't have to use the doll, pilgrimage for passive healing and multi, magic dmg and flight from whisper.
    New pilgrim champ has nice blessing to boot, but the deck was perfectly runnable even without him.

5. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

Ok you're gonna have to explain that a little more in depth. I have no idea what this sanskrit other faction stuff is.

I've had the same experience of disappointment, but I'm not giving up yet! I built a bg actually that included bile, bird and death guards. I'm also gonna try repurposing a tomb sentinel at it's cheapest build to see if I can take advantage of respawn

@kalasle I'm not really a fan of the devourer and graveyard thing. one of these days you should show me if it can compete :) 1v1 me punk

OriginalG1 likes this.
  6. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

I'd run a bonewing to help make her take a little less damage, maybe a death guard. Elsari cullers for sure for transfer life. A lich magistrate as well, Broken Bones and Skeletal berserker at 33 and 30 nora are the 2 most spammable champs in the game. A repurpose or 2 wouldnt hurt to give her some extra HP as well especially if you're using skelezerkers. and then you can use a shield of darkness on her instead of BCS. Death guards could help in crucial moments when u need to keep her alive too. Polluted martyrs as well could be used to give back all the HP cullers lose from transferring life. Could hang a soul collector around her too to stop champ removal and making her lose all her buffs. Serkans a given too just cause he will also benefit from this BG really well.

7. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Here's the short shpeel on why ED/Yard is good:

You pay 10 extra nora for the champ up front (Graveyard is +45, Devour Life is -35), which means spending 96 nora on a huge, fat melee dude. That's ok-ish. For 96 nora, you get a monstrous pile of stats -- for comparison, he has the stat line of the Titans, which are the heaviest in the game. That's iffy by itself, but it's an "engine" for a reason.

Just from the Graveyard interaction, you generate 1 nora/round from the globes (2 nora per globe, 2 turn CD), and get one death trigger every other round. That's some anemic generation, but the death triggers aren't too bad, especially if it sits around. Just one Devourer and one Yard is only so-so.

The dirty secret is that the power comes from re-deploying the Devourer. That 96 nora you payed for the first one? Not so the second time. After a followup Devourer when the first one dies, you are now +25 nora on the deal, in terms of raw stats. Each subsequent deploy is an additional +35 nora. At cooldown 4 (with the Aura build), each Devourer could generate a theoretical 9 nora per round. If you are cycling two Devourers out, and they die after 2 rounds, that's 18 nora/round in bulk stats. That is a font and a half. More realistically, they stick to just 9/round, as you cycle between two Devourers on CD.

And what they bring to the table is fearsome: fully stacked on AP, they can pump out 34 damage from 7 tiles away, or 52 from 2 tiles. Even if an opponent isn't engaged to them, they can oneshot an opposing unit unaided. And something like an Essence Drain means they can kill anything they want within huge swaths of the map. Berserk Attack and Blood Rage are both non-basic, which lets them ignore things like One With Nora, Sapping Armor, and Whispers of the Mind (pending bug fix). They also have 1-2 RNG and 7 SPD which lets them shuffle around opposing anti-melee; they can avoid Majestic 1, eschew damage from Damage Shields, and side-step Block. Their defensive stats are good: 2 DEF, 64/69 HP. Then they come with Horrific Aura, which gives them a round of attack immunity after they charge in and blow Berserk Attacks.

Like, take off Devour Life, and then look at the 51 nora build -- would you run that? You absolutely can, and all you need to do is play a 45 nora relic that generates death triggers and a few drips of nora. It's the perfect compliment to the Vengeful plan, really, give it a go.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
  8. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

if youre strategy is centered on the ravenwraiths, youre going to have to protect them from spot removal right? stitched hex doll gives her shielded. either that or run a lot of shadestrike.

9. themacca

It Works Guys

[​IMG]

10. themacca

Forgot to screencap. but i just had a 54 damage 101 HP serkan out. exact same BG

11. Nite2kill

Nite2kill I need me some PIE!

Here is one - Pair up with Lost Queen, cocoon giving her +1 speed and +1 Def. I would use the Darkmarsh Blackstaff as her eq to stop the 2nd attack when in Incorporeal state (also making her 2 Nora cheaper) as well as Despoil to stop those Area spells once you get her on the move

12. Djangoguy

Djangoguy The King of Potatoes

Untitled.jpg

That's what I run, Tomb Raider is there just for efficiency

13. Ragic

If I wanted to cast repurpose as often as possible are there any runes in FW that lower spell cool downs? I vaguely remember some ability that could.

14. themacca

None

15. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

FS, SP, KF, and ST (might have missed something, pretty sure that's it) are currently the only factions with access to spell CDR.

16. Djangoguy

Djangoguy The King of Potatoes

Chronomancer from ST and Recall from KF (two splits that you can play with Spirits) do it. I'm not sure for the others factions.

17. Ragic

Splits are for traitors

Mercer Skye and Nite2kill like this.