Re-costing Update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Gedden, Jul 8, 2014.

1. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I believe that graph includes summoned champs (which have "real" costs). Chances are high that those at the bottom are weak summons.

2. Ralphen

Ralphen I need me some PIE!

Approved. ;)

3. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

I assume it'd be reasonable to say that 1-3 would probably cost more than 2-4 though?

4. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

In my formula, which Gedden has modified, the two had similar costs. There is still room for small manual adjustments to champions, though, since RNG 2-4 is worse than RNG 1-3.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2014
  5. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

more like xiBROne

6. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

Hey Sokolov, Gedden makes prettier graphs than you.

Sirius, Etherielin, Sokolov and 2 others like this.
  7. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

I'd argue that the rune checklist is not a minor inconvienience, but actually stops people from being motivated to play the game.

Normally if I don't have a deck built that I like i'll fiddle around looking at things until I find one, however I can't do that right now and so i've just not put a proper deck together and as a result haven't been playing any pox.

My main fear is that people won't understand the revamp at all because of the broken checklist and simply not play pox as a result.

8. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

Use PoxBase. Its amazing.

9. Fikule

Is it not possible to generate a number that sort of says "this is how evil this range is"?

Something like:
    (MaxRange / MinRange) = Range Power (ph3ar my simple maths!)

As Examples:
    Range 1-1 = 1.0
    Range 1-2 = 2.0
    Range 1-3 = 3.0
    Range 2-3 = 1.5
    Range 2-4 = 2.0
    Range 2-7 = 3.5
    Range 4-7 = 1.75
    Range 6-7 = 1.16

This could then be used to modify the cost being applied based on the area covered. (Or maybe even just adding it on with a multiplier)

Note that it applies the highest power to range 1-3 and range 2-7.

And the lowest power to range 1-1, 6-7 and 2-3.

I'm saying power, not cost, as the cost would use the total area they cover too.

I'm guessing there is a penalty for the general range, in terms of how "safe" your unit is?
    i.e. a 6-7 range unit only covers twice the spaces a 1-3 unit covers, but at the same time it is far less likely to be in as much danger.

10. Xiape

Xiape I need me some PIE!

Maybe Sokolov should be sitting down (on the toilet) when he reads this post.

It's a good day for everyone whose usernames begin with X.

Xirone likes this.
  11. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

That'll do pig, that'll do.

12. MentalMoles

I do not want to be forced into using another website because things aren't being prioritized correctly - for one it takes a lot longer to build a deck off site, rather than just being able to look through the checklist at a few champs. Also, every time I want to check a champ am I expected to load up poxbase? Also after you have gone to the effort of building the deck on Poxbase you then have to go back to the pox website and rebuild it there, which makes the whole process a lot longer.

If you were a new or returning player that didn't know about poxbase would you stick around if you couldn't build a deck?

Telling people to look at poxbase isn't a good solution here.

Xerxes96 and Nemorga like this.
  13. Fikule

I think poxbase is great, and I use it all the time.

But yeah, if a new player joins and never uses the forum, what is their experience of the game going to be?

Seriously, try not using poxbase for a week. Welcome to hell ^^

Nemorga and DarkJello like this.
  14. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

I would question your idea of priorities then, if a third party website can (and does) fix something, that makes the priority of that something a lot lower for the devs, who have the power to fix everything, so why start with something that, because poxbase or poxbox, works well, instead of fixing the things thatt cannot be fixed from the outside, like balance?

Goyo likes this.
  15. MentalMoles

I've said my piece i'm not going to argue but the checklist falls under Cortices workload

Balance is a completely seperate issue that GEDDEN and the council are responsible for.

so prioritizing the checklist doesn't mean balance is ignored.

DarkJello likes this.
  16. Pathfnder

Pathfnder Devotee of the Blood Owl

My guess is that it's something with very low damage, but high HP.

17. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

What does this mean?

18. Sokolov

There is always a way to generate a better formula. But at some point you start to get diminishing returns on how much more complexity to add vs the gain in fidelity.

PurpleTop likes this.
  19. Sokolov

I like them a lot as well :D

20. Fikule

And that's when you sell out and make it 3D.

---Service Announcement---
    This post has been a bad joke about the movie industry.
    ---Service Announcement---