Re-costing Update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Gedden, Jul 8, 2014.

1. tangmcgame

tangmcgame I need me some PIE!

2. Xiape

Xiape I need me some PIE!

It made more sense at the time; my implication was that you were going to pee yourself from so many graphs.

At least others are making bad jokes too ;)

Sokolov likes this.
  3. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

lol, I see

Well, to be fair, I had seen these already so ;)

4. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

IF you have to implicate your joke... its a bad one.

5. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

No it just means that everyone else is dumber than the person who made it. That's what I was told anyway

6. tangmcgame

tangmcgame I need me some PIE!

I'm having trouble thinking of a decent game that doesn't benefit from fan-made resource sites. Seriously, the checklist is entirely adequate as a cursory resource. If you want to go a little deeper, then you have to dig for it. It's not like SC2's website has every unit's stats listed somewhere. I don't remember Fallout 3's official website giving me a list of every item in the game.

Not that you have to dig far. You just go up to your browser bar and you type in "poxnora.com" but instead of "nora" you write "base." It's the same number of letters. This isn't rocket surgery.

You can dig your heels in all you want on this, but stamping your feet about HAVING TO USE ANOTHER WEBSITE (Firking lol) is pretty childish.

For the DoGz, get to the checklist when you can, but please focus on the actually important things first. Thanks!

Grand General Mosh likes this.
  7. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- yes i like my jokes intellectual and humorless...said no one ever...i read this somewhere

8. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

This update addresses costing based on stats. Do you feel that the major flaw in costing is represented by the base stats algorithm?

It also seems that the changes are all in a direct relation to the pre-recost positions and therefore all changes will be somewhat linear.

I'm just super skeptical about this because the [actual] disparity seems very sporadic.

In short, I really hope you revisit ability cost schedules. I think that is where the main disparity lies. You've clearly got quite a few abilities that are drastically under- and over-costed. This feels like a partial solution addressing 10% of the problem.

Pulling a few nora out of the worth of HP isn't going to fix it.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
  9. Pathfnder

Pathfnder Devotee of the Blood Owl

10% is better than 0%
    Once this is done, they will start to address the other 90%
    You have to start somewhere.

10. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Thank you captain obvious.

11. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Sincerely, this is your most stupid post in a while.

12. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

This update will do a lot for champions like the Windfury that cost huge amounts of Nora without having fancy abilities and runes like Frostwisp that are too cheap because they don't have fancy abilities. Ability costing is still being worked on but is much more complex than the base cost.

13. Pico

Pico I need me some PIE!

If my frondinations are correct, frond should be less nora, and have flavor text reverted. =P

14. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

Windfury needs class: brute

15. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Brute doesn't really fit the Windfury in the context of Brutes being melee fist brawlers. What we need is an ability that let's certain dwarves receive full effect of brews. Drunkard or something.

16. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

We have different context of Brute. With Brute i mean something who hit with unusual way, like throw an hammer, not only by using fist.

Edit: the idea of an ability which give full beer buff is good

Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
  17. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

All hail the mighty algorithm

18. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

Carrionling? :D

19. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

not sure if this is the place to put it but I feel like firk botanist is in need of a nora cost reduction because of dissappate+vuln:magic. that's two negatives on one guy who doesn't really bring much to the table.

KingJad likes this.
  20. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I think the overall problem of low end being too efficient and high end being too expensive is generally indicative of a stat costing issue. That said, it is certainly the case that abilities are not 100% costed appropriately. My perspective is that fixing the stat costing will allow a better evaluation of abilities than if it was attempted before stats are locked down.

To put it another way, since stats affects everyone, we should look at that before addressing the more specific adjustments.

enkiadu, Authyrtyr, Sirius and 4 others like this.