Rebalance list

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Legato, Jun 28, 2014.

1. Legato

Legato I need me some PIE!

I don't know why I bothered, or expected people to follow what I thought were simple directions. Just nevermind. Hopefully this post just gets deleted.

Some folks have expressed sorrow, much to my surprise, so let's try this again!

Rules:

• Every entry needs to be paired; for each 'Overpowered' rune you have to point out an 'Underpowered' one to accompany it.
    • Both runes must be from the same faction - No exceptions.
    • Each entry needs to at least have one sentence describing the reason they are picked.
    • Until you reach the character limit, you may only have one post - just edit it to add more later. This is meant to be as succinct and approachable a list as possible.
    • This one is more of a suggestion, but it's definitely a stronger case if your picks are similar, or if you at least present parallels (Those can be inter-faction).
    • For the purposes of this thread please keep the discussion of people's picks separate, everyone is entitled to their opinion (If you have to sound off, use PM - or at least include your own picks in the post)
    • You have to have read this post - It's really not asking much, otherwise I'll point it out and ask for an edit and otherwise proceed with a request for deletion.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
  2. Loyaute

Loyaute I need me some PIE!

Anything with Evasive 3 and Numerous (Moonlit Fae, Drakewing Swarm)
    -75% from ranged because why not.
    May not be the most OP thing, but it's one of the most frustrating for me.

3. Legato

I'll start (This counts as my first post since I want the OP to be the post for the rules).
    [​IMG]
      • Over-performing: Nectar Fairy - She was already one of my favorites pre-revamp, I love that her identity was unchanged, but as much as I love her current utility heal charged 2 is simply far too strong when paired with recharge, You add Horn of Order and you can invigorate 3 times in one turn, and it's not even a rare occurrence. I'd suggest toning it down to heal charged 1, to start with. She's a support rune so it makes sense for her to be cheap but heal charged, especially in KF, will always give you more charges than you can even use
      • Under-Performing: Fae Enchantress - Along with Nectar, these two are my favorite Fairies and it's really sad to me to see Enchantress hurt so hard, since she's #1 for me, the lack of damage, okay, the lack of health I understand but losing shadowspawn makes her kit exceedingly difficult to actually utilize, it was very important. Her price structure is also questionable considering her two iconic abilities, thankfully intact, have since been made significantly weaker (Wandering is cleaansable, Relic is summoned). Her current best build is 80, and it's especially steep when you consider Spirit of Endurance has more damage, more health, a more useful damage type and can get DF 3, Soften, and Enduring Aura 5 for less nora.
    [​IMG]
      • Over-Performing: Ember Wasp - Fire Volatility on a shadowspawned, flying unit should not be fielded for 5 more nora than its spell based counterpart, which has much less health and is immobile. You guys may not have been around for this but entire battlegroups can be designed around using Volatility. I totally support those playstyles, but a thematic enabler champion should be cheaper than some spells.
      • Under-Performing: Korona - I'm thankful she kept her 2 defense, since a lot of champs lost that , which hurts since it was already rare in UD, but otherwise she no longer has a defensive ability-- now that could work and even promote more tactical play, but for the same reason thirst for battle doesn't work in UD(It can be great in splits). You can't afford to engage units, and leave them alive, especially on a unit with no defenses. That and Bloodseeker really should be in its stead, it's her defining ability. Also Pummel is more IS, with Bloodrage being UD, a good dichotomy would be having to pick between Bloodrage and Lifedrinker.

4. HardyGames32

HardyGames32 I need me some PIE!

Savage Tundra

Over-performing: Elven Ancestor. With Adaptive and Ally she's a massive slab of HP which keeps on getting bigger as the game wears on. With a defensive ability in phase shift, 2-4 range and an ampable damage type I think she'll need a toning down. Adaptive in KF could be problematic too. I think she needs Adaptive to go all together, then to get new abilities on that upgrade path. A cost increase after that may be in order too.

Under-Performing: Jakei Windstriker. What on earth were they thinking. It's 6 speed 2x2, while it is flying it has 2-5 range, detection and battlemaster. With low damage and only those in consideration this thing is 88 nora. I'd like to see it go to 2-4 range, gain detection 2 base, and give it 2 new upgrade paths. Let it choose between gale, blitz, and tailwind. Then for its other upgrade path give it the 3 ranks of rend. I'd appropriately cost it at 74 nora, starting with rend 2 and blitz. You can build it differently based on its cost. This way it can fill a powerturn enabler role, a damager role or a support/utility role. Keeping in mind that picking tailwind would put it up to above 80 nora. As tailwind is an extremely strong ability. Thoughts?

Goyo likes this.
  5. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

deadly

6. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

So, it took 15 minutes (literally) for the first post calling on nerfs and break the rules, derailing the thread and leading to yet another "this is so OP in your faction, but fine in mine" thread. That's impressive.

7. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Not seeing it. I mean if it was "Oh it's fine on Drakeswarm because it's not ranged" I would get it but...

Anyway Numerous->Evasive must be an oversight. They probably wanted to remove the ranged reduction from Numerous or something...

8. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

FS has no real AoE spells. Soo.

9. Loyaute

Really? I mentioned two runes with the abilities together and started my post with ANYTHING that has these two abilities shouldn't. I don't know where you're getting all the subtext from.

10. Loyaute

For an underperforming rune, Deepcave Extractor took a big hit. 4 speed, 3 damage, vulnerability physical or magical. Not worth running anymore imo.

11. Legato

Read the rules, I have to say that because it's clear you hadn't. You undermined them and killed the thread. I don't know why my expectations were any different, I guess I've been gone for too long.

12. Loyaute

Was looking for something underpowered to post since most things seem pretty fair to me so far. Didn't mean to undermine the rules.

13. Boozha

FS

OP: Firk Mind Weaver. Psychic jab for under 60 nora is pretty insane, I guess the cost for jab is off.

UP: Hydraxor. Dive is a sandbag, poison is a sandbag, Regeneration is mostly a sandbag, without DEF or defensive abilities his HP are a waste ...

14. mortemdeus

mortemdeus Member

FW

Underpowered: Bloodworm; No basic abilities on an exotic rune, its signature ability is an upgrade ability, it is weaker than bloodtracker but more expensive.

Overpowered: Afflicted Corpse; Good HP, good attack, amplify disease as a base and a ranged AOE on a 30ish point rune.

15. bagoftrick

bagoftrick I need me some PIE!

FS.

OP = Spawnpool Guardian, the boghopper tad with guarded: boghopper is amazing. Therefore something that continually summons a boghopper tad with guarded on base is seriously efficient. the spawnpool guardian has always been efficient but this is probably taking the biscuit and the jar with the new change to the tad.

UP = Snaptooth Ancient, poison cloud rank 1/2/3 should go. firstly rank 1 and 2 damage the snaptooth ancient because the cast range is that short making it impossible to ever take the first 2 ranks. and the third rank makes him over priced for something that doesn't work well on him because its cast range is outside/inside(however you want to word it) of his minimum range which means it doesn't synergize very well internally.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2014
  16. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Under-Performing:
    Dugon, Garu Stalwart- I honestly have no idea how his stats and abilities add up to 88 nora. Triumphal Roar is a good ability but the rest of him is quite lack-luster. He was one of the worst 150k champs before the revamp and now is noticeably worse.
    Fae Enchantress- She was always a bit expensive and now is more expensive and far worse. Her relic-drop is now Summoned and Cast: Fairy Dust lasts 3 turns less than the actual spell (and can be Cleansed, of course). There is very little reason to run her.
    Twisted Fireoak- He is a champion that can only move by Teleporting (so once a turn, if not distracted), only has 7 DMG, and comes in just under 90 nora. Sure, he's a Treefolk and so can get boosted, but he's very costly for what he does.

Over-Performing:
    Nectar Fairy- Heal Charged 2 allows her to create so many Charges. I slap a Skystorm Spear on her and she is often able to use Lightning Skewer turn after turn after turn. Without Heal Charged, she'd be fine. I personally, would love to see her get Add Charge (it would help Fairy Trickster and/or Aspect of Life) on base and replace Heal Charged 2 with Supercharged 2.
    Elven Shade- She got a damage buff and still has access to Startle which gives it very high damage for her cost.
    Forest Giant- He is in the mid 60s as far as nora cost goes but has Colossal, Resistance: Physical, 56 HP, and 15 DMG. He's slow but better than a lot of champions in the 80 nora range. This is probably due to his two "drawbacks" which are Vuln: Fire and Elf Bound (which is easy to negate).

17. ProR2D2

ProR2D2 I need me some PIE!

FS

UP: Draksar Marine: He was runnable as a support rune with some "forced" upgrades who gave him his identity (Pin down and stunning sweep), and he lost these signature abilities and left with no abilities. Changing his mutations to simply amphibious was a good change thought.

UP: Elder Murkwurm: He was only runnable due to Judgement and made sense as a Mage wurm. It was also key on him because he was the only champion that could use Judgement effectively: size, same attack range, and 1-2 DoT's present on him. I really hope he gets changed to what he was, but without the "Invoke: Hungry Mire", specially since I never liked this ability that he doesn't need, and was the excuse to remove all the other good things on him. I also heard it decreases the viability of the spell in the first place.
    Cleave and Dive were also good upgrades on him pre-revamp, and Dive taking a whole upgrade path is bad because its very situational and weak.

ALL

OP (abilities): Collosal, Loyalty, Psychic Jab, Roar of the Fallen, and evasive 2-3, for what I have seen so far.
    I think these abilities are undercosted on every champion for how strong they are, and deserve a nora cost increase in my opinion.

18. Boozha

OP: Bloated Toad - drops a bopper with dodge 2 and block 2 for around 60 nora. Say what

UP: Boghopper Blackhand - Low damage, now non-synergic skillset, huge disadvantage which apparently doesn't affect his cost significantly. He needs a redesign!