Recording games

Discussion in 'Training Grounds and Game Guides' started by Gaedel, May 21, 2014.

1. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

Way back when I used to play EQ2 PvP and had a freeware program to record my play, which was pretty much my screen, but I forgot the name of it. Any ideas of a freeware program do I can record my Poxnora games and learn from my mistakes? My memory is terrible and can never remember anything and this would help me drill it into my memory.

2. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Any screen capture program would accomplish that. I'm not sure which ones are free, but a quick google search brings up a few.

3. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Could someone recommend a good one? I thought about recording a bit now and then, but with Fraps at 50 bucks its not going to happen.

4. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I, uh... just pirated fraps...

PhdNiceGuy and Lauremoon like this.
  5. MadCom

MadCom Active Member

I believe you can record your screen with xsplit, at least you could two years ago.

6. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

Camstudio is free and easy

7. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

Careful when you install this one. It also wants to install other applications, do make sure you read them and decline the ones you do not want.

Fraps was the one I used to use back in the day and it was free at the time. I have re-downloaded it but it doesn't look like it is free anymore. I'll see which one I like best. Thank you all for your feedback. I look forward to recording some games so I can study them and (hopefully) learn from my many mistakes.