red cap twins raze

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by profhulk, Oct 22, 2014.

1. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

Bububububu waze doess twiple damage now. Bubububu kills my shwine acwoss da map. Bubububu it wudacwis

2. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Im gonna agree with baller there raze is ridiculous at 15 dmg a pop on a transfigured avatar. Think about it. Your opponent cheeses your avatar down to low hp with their silly spell trap/desecrate/corpseapult bs. Your forced to transfigure or get desecrate spammed and hit with some stealth champs that have been hidden in a corner for 10 turns. You transfigure just as your opponent planned. The lazy ******* auto wins every time because all he has to do is deploy two red caps raze for 30 from downtown( like a lazy *******) then sacrifice /reanimate/rinse repeat gg no skill involved. Raze is about as balanced as ghost.

3. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

When a shrine kill deck doesnt even need a champ to attack my shrine to win, something is fukced up

4. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

It can take three or more turns to save 146 nora to drop the two read caps with no font. If your pouring the heat on my shrine, i am in a bad spot because I can not lose my last deployment zone. Raze battle groups are very beatable and they are very competitive. I want to see more raze style effects in pox because of the intensity of the play styles, and the shorter games it creates.

5. OriginalG1

if you lose and your opponent did not personally assault your shrine you literately beat your self with mistakes.

I enjoy watching that happen.

6. Ballballer

You beat me in our game without attacking my shrine and i did not make a mistake
    Edit: at least not one that should have given you the game

7. OriginalG1

I had a really good draw. By turn three, lucky, I had everything I needed to counter you for a few turns and I managed to get my font nabbers early on. That dose not happen often, but I did design my deck to have such an opportunity. Like I stated all ready, if we played 5 games with the same bg used in that game I would be amazed if I could pull off another W. Your good, but I was lucky. That is all.

8. Ballballer

I dont care how good your draw is. A rush deck that can win thegame without making a single attack needs to be ****** changed

9. chris0024

chris0024 I need me some PIE!

I don't see the problem with this bg. You know what is coming and you should have disarm and stealth counters in your bg anyways. I've played OG1 three times now and I won 2 out of 3 matches. The first game I made a ton of mistakes, the second game he had a bad draw, and the third one i had my artisan out as quickly as I could. No offense to bulwark and OG1 but the only way this bg can beat you consistently is if you scry too much or don't have some type of disarm/detect in your bg. At that point it really is your own fault you lost. I do like the bg though, it is very well made.

OriginalG1 likes this.
  10. NiGhtMaRiK

NiGhtMaRiK I need me some PIE!

This is funny, lol.

I struggled so much to make a Shrine destruction deck since Avatars were released.
    Even slightly before the effectiveness of shrine destruction decks were low because of nora ratio and power creep.

Since the Rise of Avatars Shrine destruction has been crap. Why?
    Because pouring everything into that strategy usually leaves vulnerabilities in your BG and often you have a one trick pony
    Using a decently designed deck to Raze often would be seemingly successful until you got your opponents shrine down to about 30 hp.
    At that point you struggle to produce nora for combo's and you grow stagnant and getting mopped by superior units storming towards your shrine.
    You usually can manage one half cocked combo b4 the shrine beating ensues but say you get their shrine to 15 and you bank 30 nora, knowing that 95 nora later you can win if you can hold out.
    Your opponent transfigures and gains like 30+ hp.
    Now you can't win and everything was for not.

Sure shrine rushing helps this, but then you aren't necessarily running a Raze deck, you're running a Shrine rush deck with Raze for backup.
    Its not easy to Shrine rush on every map. For instance SP and Lost City, and Nora Glades, Lava Plains, Tundra Lake, Elemental Plateau, Brood Pits, Ironfist Choke, etc
    I mean, if capping 1 font then bypassing the skirmish to unload all AP to get to shrine with 4-5 champs by turn 4-6 is shrine rushing , then i guess only SP qualifies.
    Either way, i find that you're using a difficult easy to spot strategy that is not the hardest to thwart or take advantage of.

I've run pure Shrine destruction decks and i understand the pacing and flaws and strengths.
    During Corpse Era and super power creep it was nigh impossible.
    Todays game it's not the easiest and still lacks support.
    Rushing with Raze is one of the few ways i see you pulling it off and honestly even that i dont understand how its wildly successful.
    I cant believe this got a thread.

I've run FW throw away Caps with voteav and spell traps and sacs and spawned skeletons to push cap cd.
    I've run Pure UD throw away caps with double voteav and focused on strong support champs to kill units and widdle away shrine health with revival caps.
    I've run KF mirrored caps with hurry and voteav and combined effort, recall and sac.
    I've run IS divine touch blinking caps with just good stuff and nora gen. Sacs and the instant cool down spell.

I tried running ethereal pools WHICH IS CRAP AND NEEDS A REWORK. for gods sake i cant emphasize how trash that thing is and i tried so many ways to make it work.
    I tried helms, spell traps, overkill, torches, and anything else that damages the shrine. All lacking and slow.

If you wanna talk about shrine rushing, my best Shrine rush deck didn't use caps.
    I had a pantier head hunter, stealth ported him cross board while nora mines and miners got me a huge bank
    Then when i reached shrine i waited a turn so i had double attack on pantier b4 attacking.
    Following turn i double voil crypt, dispersal, double voil crypt, groble bombard, macademize, forge hammer, bag of boulders, ritual binding.
    If i did this during the time of alacrity, i could of one shot the shrine. I settled for giving you a turn to respond to binded shrine and 200+hp

The best Shrine kill deck i have right now my friend theory crafted for me. I haven't played in awhile so im not sure if it got nerfed without me knowing but it involves a redesigned rune.
    I do have caps in the BG but i never really need to use them and sometimes i'll toy with my opponent watching them squirm over my strategy and letting them get close to my shrine and attack it while they obliterate my troops, maybe.
    Then i'll double drop Caps to win. Although i could of beat them 10 turns earlier with my current strategy.

TL,DR:

RED CAPS have had 15 dmg RAZE ever since the REVAMP
    No one said Bane Shift.
    Its not that serious, you're just salty.
    The decks that utilize it are rather easily out maneuvered and its easy to see coming.
    Also Unhinged Bok has it, just saying.

Its funny to me when people want Bane Shift nerfed they didnt know existed or didn't care about 6months ago.

11. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

My bg isn't a Shrine Rush per say. Just a shrine poke, while I nab fonts, and fight. That poke because a giant slap over time. I would be interested in seeing your style. Pref. FF UD/ FS/UD or FW/UD styles if you have'em. Care to share it?

12. NiGhtMaRiK

Well i played 16 games since July, 3 of which being ranked. I've just been on the forums and waiting for new Green interactions and Steam release. Now im just waiting on Ronin since the Steam release hasn't motivated me to play yet.
    I say that only because it takes a patience and skill to play a Shrine kill BG, or atleast the one's i have without getting stomped on your way to the finish line by being outmanned and low on nora.

Basically, im rusty so don't put all the judgement on the BG because i probably have alot to do with why it isn't successful when we play lol.

Pox is like riding a bike, however it takes awhile to readjust.

I have a FF UD, and FW split Cap BG i can play you with.
    I dont think i ever made an FS one, i'll have to look. I have like 300+ decks.

The best deck of shrine razing i have right now is ST split and i barely use caps.

Im working all night, i work most of tomorrow aswell.

When are you usually on?
    Monday is the soonest i'll have the most free time.

Are you the person razing shrines that has people so upset?

13. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

If you want to talk to me please tag me. @RAID Officer IMAGIRL It lets me know the post was directly too me. Almost missed it because I have so much going on. I am on quite a bit. However my main computer has crashed, 2 weeks at min to get the fixes. On this crappy old one, that has a mouse that needs me to swipe 3 times just to get it across the screen. I have not been activly playing as the last few weeks becasue of that. Been editing, and reedting bgs, and patrolling the forums. I don't have a set sleeping schedule so I can be up most of the time. I will make a conversation with you, and we can get to talking there.

As for the last question. No the recent one is not me. However I did do this about 1-2yrs ago. Drove my guild mates insane. XD

14. OriginalG1

x.jpg
    These are the main right now. The IS/UD is stronger, Divinitys touch lets the redcaps do 45 damage but you need almost 200 nora in the bank to do it in one turn. The UD/FW is really easy to get draw f__ked, but it still grabs W's on a good day. If you opponent is not deploying champs after pool comes out, and you do not have a deep elf in play you can deploy captive lorekeeper and the dwarfs and on your opponents turn their shrine takes scorn damage from the possessed units. That makes me laugh, and might be inconstant because I do not believe the opponents gets the other effects the unit provides on the start of the turn.

15. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Look at you guys talking balance as if you think it would have any merit.

16. OriginalG1

balance is a opinion, an inconstancy is flawed design!

17. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

At this point finding consistency, other than inconsistency, is the challenge in Pox.

18. NiGhtMaRiK

The fact that both of those BG's have ethereal pool lets me know that they are of no concern.
    Ethereal pool is so trash,seriously.

You hurt your own shrine, your opponent can force kill it with deploys.
    When i tested it, even summoned units proc'd.
    One dead rising killed it.
    Its a dumb nora sink.

Looking at those deck compositions, i cant see how you would win with them.
    I need to see them in action.

Who is running them, so i can view when i get the opportunity to get on.

19. OriginalG1

lol one man trash is another man's treasure. Sat in the top 20 for a while with those babies. I really like the idea of not having to make it to the shrine to kill the shrine, ethereal pool lets me do that.

20. NiGhtMaRiK

Again, id need to see how you're playing the deck.
    If i was versus an ethereal pool id just deploy 2 champs and watch it break.

There must be a mode of play you use to make up for its weaknesses.
    I really hate that relic, i wanted to much for it to be good and in my opinion its just trash. Hopes dashed.

when i get a chance i'll watch you play
    When are u usually on?