redcaps...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dreaddoll, Aug 2, 2014.

1. Dreaddoll

Dreaddoll Devotee of the Blood Owl

Just wanted to know what you guys think of them now because to me they seem extremely overnerfed... they were fine at 66 nora i didnt see anyone complain except for maybe immortality which they still have... do you think 144 nora is worth it now for 2 meh beaters?

2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

No.

Sibling champs are balanced around the fact that once you kill one, the other should be a lot less powerful for it's cost. Immortality is just a poor combination, I would rather have seen it deleted from redcaps instead. However now you can still do that, but not in a braindead manner where deploying them is nearly never a bad choice.

3. TeaNinja

TeaNinja I need me some PIE!

I don't know if they're still worth their cost, but before they were definitely too cheap.

4. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Some champs stay top meta, some don't just move and find a replacement for em.

5. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

Gahlroon is much better for about the same cost.

They've not been shoeboxed but they've been replaced imo.

6. Dreaddoll

Exactly... and you dont have to deploy 2 gahlroons to get the same stats. As Burnpyro said the idea is to have a considerably less powerful champ if he is alone but at the same time if you have two of them you should also have a considerable advantage and that aspect is now gone

7. TeaNinja

TeaNinja I need me some PIE!

That's true, but it may not be possible to have Redcaps at the power-level they should be at while they have Immortality.

8. daeminicus

daeminicus Devotee of the Blood Owl

Replace them and move on. Its simple

9. Dreaddoll

so in the end this is a perfect example of how you should NOT balance a rune... Everyone agreed that immortality was the problem and yet they shafted a perfectly fine and efficient rune without even removing the true problem...

10. Sphere8274

Sphere8274 The King of Potatoes

First nerf was needed, the second one killed them. Even without upgrade the cost is too high for a sibiling champion. Would be better to avoid both nerfs and remove immortality

11. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

I support this thread.

12. Legato

Legato I need me some PIE!

Would've preferred they removed Immortality, basically Sibling should have a clause that it doesn't work with that, tbh.

SPiEkY likes this.
  13. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

I started off with SL as voriandes getting 60 wins to 10 losses, I am not sure if I want to start playing sl again or stick with sp...

14. Demthedark

Demthedark The King of Potatoes

Have you seen the eye of serkan?

claydude5 likes this.
  15. Sphere8274

Sphere8274 The King of Potatoes

Yes, I think Surge: mutant is a better upgrade instead of sibling

16. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

Why not actually address the issue of sibling being to strong along with Immortality being too cheap? -1 nora for immortality, and 12, for +1spd, 6dmg, 1def, 5hp is crazy.

17. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

I would argue sibling isn't to strong

18. tangmcgame

tangmcgame I need me some PIE!

Funny how Redcaps gained Immortality for maximum synergy while runes like Stitched First lost everything synergistic in their design. Clearly Gedden understands ability interactions and the problems they cause, so I'm curious why some are allowed to persist and others are wholly removed.

19. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

ok, and make your argument.

20. Sepulcher

Sepulcher I need me some PIE!

I think it's silly they still have Immortality, but then again I think most of the "nerfs" that have been happening in general are silly and completely miss the problem.

As far as a replacement rune goes, Gahlroon is the way to go.