Redo of Misdirection

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by phdstax, Oct 11, 2016.

1. phdstax

phdstax Active Member

@Xirone can we get this rune reworked a little?

The next champ you deploy from the rune dock gains Mobility and Mirrorblade (When this champion makes a successful basic attack, two illusion copies of itself are summoned randomly within 4 spaces of the target.) for 8 turns and has its max range set to 1.

Or something like it.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
  2. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

The spell is currently trash. It would be nice for it to have a decent effect.

3. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Why not make it a hidden spell?

Misdirection

Nora Cost: 25-40
    Effect: The next time your champion is engaged/attacked (not sure about the condition) by an enemy champion within 6 turns, it is relocated 3 spaces away / that champion attacks the closest enemy champion within its range, including self. This effect is hidden until triggered and is removed upon triggering.

Basicly it's either a spot confuse enemy (relocate 3 spaces away) OR a spot deflect. I am saying "OR" because I am not sure which idea sounds better to others. Would fit the Archer module well.

Tweek516 and phdstax like this.
  4. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

But with this we can create aspect of life illusions, which can use lay on hands!

5. phdstax

phdstax Active Member

I like that but in a different way.

Nora Cost 45
    Target friendly champion gains Aggressive (When an opposing champion engages this champion on your opponent's turn, this champion makes a free basic attack against that champion.) and Misdirection (This unit loses all conditions and is removed from play. It then re-enters play 3 spaces away along with 3 illusion champions that appear to be identical copies of this champion. When this champion leaves play, the illusions are destroyed.). These effects are hidden until revealed.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
  6. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

Nora Cost: 30
    The next time this champion becomes engaged, it is relocated to a random space within 3 spaces of it's original location and 3 illusions of this champion are summoned adjacent to the opposing champion.

Elves Rule and Tweek516 like this.
  7. phdstax

phdstax Active Member

Yeah I guess that works too. It's not as fun though. :(

8. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

I like this.

9. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

Pretty much all of these options are too powerful. hidden spot deflect? Counter an attack, relocate AND illusion copies? These effects would quickly be abused.

If all it did was give the illusion copies as a spot effect it would be a decent spell. As opposed to the strange (and uber buggy) only on deploy effect.

Personally, I don't think this spell is where we should be focusing our attention. I would rather have NEW runes that are playable. Out of our last half dozen spells, most of them have been buffed 1 or more times and they are STILL not useable. To me that seems like a lot of wasted resources. I like the big strategically targeted strategy they have been doing lately, but I think there should be at least 1 patch a month (even if it is smaller). I know they are working on PS4 launch, but how many of us that already play(or don't) are going to be switching platforms?

Sok is really good at listening to our feedback and taking it into account. hint hint, SOK plz help the garus!

10. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

Misdirection
    Nora Cost: 25

Target champion gains Deception permanently.

Why the change?

- The current effect of the spell is too costly for what it gives. Considering the objective of the spell and if compared to Invisibility (25 Nora). It is a much more efficient spell because of cost and consistency while also achieving a similar effect to Misdirection.

- The current spell is bugged and does not work consistently with on deploy effects ex. (Jabs, Pet: X, X Greeting)

- The proposed change requires minimal coding.

-It will fix the on deploy inconsistencies

-The object of the spell is still accomplished because if the Illusions created by Deception and therefore "Misdirecting" the opponent if you will.

@Sokolov

Thoughts?

Cinder405

11. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

So I was playing Pokemon and was facing a zororak and randomly in my head went on a tangent to think about pox.

What if misdirection worked so when you next deployed a champ it actually shows the illusion of a different champ in your deck, and until the unit took damage or activated an ability your opponent wouldn't know what it was. Would be a bish to code absolutely but you could totally play mind games if you fake a range unit so they deploy evasive or it looks like physical damage so they play resist 3 into surprise mena or whatever.

12. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

I can just imagine someone trying to 1 round mena and it turns out to be a frond.

Etherielin likes this.