Reflexes >>> Reflexive

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Prami, Mar 31, 2014.

1. ProR2D2

ProR2D2 I need me some PIE!

Yes it has, but since you don't seem understand it from the other guys, then you are right: Discussion is done.

2. Prami

Prami I need me some PIE!

American's favorite online hobby... Demonstrating their lack of understanding for the English language.

3. ProR2D2

ProR2D2 I need me some PIE!

That argument surely demonstrates you are right.

Now here's my argument which is the same from the others:
    Reflexive:
    • A pronoun with a reflexive relationship with its self-identical antecedent
    Reflexes:
    • Plural of the noun "Reflex", which means is an involuntary and nearly instantaneous movement in response to a stimulus.
    I can't find a definition of Reflexive that has anything to do with 'Reflex', or can you?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reflexive

Reflex cannot be turned into and adjective, its a noun.
    Its like trying to turn 'car' into an adjective.

If were you I would stop posting before making you look even more fool.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
  4. Prami

Yes.

5. only

only Active Member

I have always thought that some abilities have bad names and they kinda limit design options.

a champion can't gain Running Start instead of Flight just because the name "running start", while designwise it's just more interesting way to give Flight. I guess flavor purists would freak out seeing Inquisition on non Paladin champion...

but this thread is just absurd!

6. Prami

Is it? It took me a while to realize that Reflexes & Evasive were of the same ability category, when i first started playing.
    The suggested change would associate them more closely together. What exactly is wrong with that?

7. RedDain

RedDain I need me some PIE!

Definition #2 requires an object. "Reflexive argumentation" for example, is a perfect descriptor for your behavior.

And calling people stupid and illiterate is attacking people. Calling what they wrote wrong is attacking what they wrote. You did the former, not the latter.

Regardless, you remain wrong, as demonstrated multiple times by multiple people (all of whom you personally attacked in an offensive manner).

Good day.

8. only

only Active Member

if you honestly try to understand what ability is doing judging its name, you're doing it wrong. the fact that such a nonsense "took you a while to realize" explains a lot (if you know what I mean)...

9. Greysands22

Greysands22 I need me some PIE!

I'm not reading this. What the heck is this thread about?

10. RedDain

Reflexive argumentation

11. Prami

I guess I'll go do it wrong in a game that makes even a gesture at being user friendly.

Jesus Christ... You people must be insane, or you must really like how small the player base is for your game is.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
  12. RedDain

No, Prami... we just don't like YOU. So go away.

BurnPyro likes this.
  13. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

I'm from America* and I take this description as erroneous and offensive.

*America is a continent.

14. only

only Active Member

you're going over dramatic. I do agree that there should be more appropriate names for abilities and this is generally the case. however, going from reflexes to reflexive achieves nothing.

my biggest concern was that you really managed to make this threaad 2 page "discussion" material.

never bother discussing with idiots. they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience...

15. Prami

Nice quote. I'll have to remember that one.

I think what you meant to say, is that Reflexes>>>Reflexive takes no effort to do.

16. only

only Active Member

I meant to say that you sound overdramatic by saying that Reflexes instead of Reflexive was the reason it took you a while to recognize.

if you have proposed something like Evasion: Melee and Evasion: Ranged, it might be worth to discuss. but as for now, you seem to be trying to look smarter than everyone us here.

another option would have been if your proposed change would be part of a big list. like you have renamed MANY abilities in your list for better recognizion.

think like Silence(d) would be proper name of Distract(ed). but if I would create such a thread, what should I expect people to tell me?

however, now think if I have proposed changes like dots being renamed to match condition they provide

Chill (1/2/3) to Chilling Attacks (3/4/5)
    Burn (1/2/3) to Charring Attacks (3/4/5)
    Jolt? Shocking Attacks
    Scour? Scouring Attacks
    Sunder? Sundering Attacks
    Distract? Silencing Attacks
    etc.

all bombs/cones/breaths to be renamed to Cone: DMG type

and so on. in sucha big picture, your idea wouldn't be bad.

17. Prami

It was part of the reason anyways.

18. only

only Active Member

so do one of those initiatives with all abilities, try to group them, try to rename them (don't overextend here) if you want to do something.

19. Prami

I like your names. They are better than mine.

20. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

I'll chime in:

I prefer Resistance: Range and Resistance: Melee

You automatically can tell just from the name what ability category they belong to and what they actually do.
    Does this sacrifice flavorful names? sure but do we really need to give ALL dmg resisting abilities different names so that you always have to check all abilities?