Refugees

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Alakhami, Jun 23, 2017.

1. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

keep the faith brother.

2. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

don't need faith. that's the point.

BurnPyro likes this.
  3. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

theory of gravity its only a scientific theory. pray really hard and jump down from a skyscraper. let me know if it works.

Geressen likes this.
  4. Ragic

and the difference between effect of gravity and the long term effect of global warming? one can be tested. one cant. one is actually science. the other is a belief.

5. Ragic

wow, youre as convincing as a priest.

notice how he wants the 'unbeliever' to burn.

I really hope that didn't hurt your feelings. id hate to have yet another one of my posts deleted to protect your safe space. of course you and Burn are free to wish for the deaths of anyone you disagree with. I guess the mods here don't find that offensive.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
  6. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

While science is indeed in its fundamental approach to understand and classify the worlds structure usually accurate, religious thinking is a thing that mankind cannot escape in any way possible. It is laid deepdown in our psyche, it is one of the fundamental ways of seeing the world! Soviet Union tried to get rid of religion, so did China. Simply gainsaying it without actually understanding how such consciousness works is ignorant and infantile. If you do so, you are bound to sublimate it in some other form, which, consequently, happened in the aforementioned countries (according to polls, in China even though majority of people (I think 90-95%) claim that they're atheists, they believe in spirits, life after death and other cool stuff that the chinese folklore has produced over it's vast history) and which Ragic cleverly is pointing out to you, Geressen.
    The way the majority of people view religion is distorted because of post-modern mass culture and the crisis of religion which so sharply predicted Nietzche.
    Christianity as an organized religion has it flaws, but it's archetypicity and it's intricate simplicity and aesthetic appeal is probably the most outstanding out of all religions and is by no means ridiculed due to the way it's been built after the death of Christ. Of course, it has its problems, but they are on the fringe of the teachings of Christ. The inner nature of it is simple and beautiful and that's why it's a universal religion, along with Buddhism.
    I honestly don't see how the teachings of Christ or Buddha in any shape or form hamper mankinds progress. Since the crisis of religion, the average white man has become much more ill and suffers an existential crisis like never before. I sincerely believe that even profane, simplistic teachings of Christ or Buddha can help an average person in his daily life struggles. Perhaps, it could also be viewed as a minor step to a deeper understanding of it..
    Sorry if it's too long, I could elaborate some other aspects of the relationship between science and religion (Buddhist meditation techniques are especially interesting in this sense: you'd be surprised, but most modern yogi's and buddhist monks are very well knowledged in quantum physics , psychology, biology etc.), but I'm lazy and I doubt that anyone here is that interested, since, the way I see it, the majority here is following the average mundane rationalistic paradigm.
    To sum it up, all I want to say is that you shouldn't disclaim something that you have superficial knowledge of, especially when you judge by the majority. If I were to do the same, I would've foolishly claimed that science is the cause of the biggest wars in the history of mankind and the general degradation and apathy of the human soul, which is not exactly true when you start digging.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
  7. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

you are clearly not worth the effort, I blame the US school system. you are part of it right?

no we want you to fly, pray the gravity away. this was an experiment Maru proposed and yes it needs to be well documented before you go to the testing phase but I trust to see a rapport written by you and your fellows to come to us for peer review eventually.

do you actually believe that?
    because that is a really low bar to put clever at.
    it's like you placed it on the floor and are praising people who walk over it for their incredible jumping skills.
    that's how low your bar is.
    you have to raise the bar Gutsa.
    someone is going to step on it and break something.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
    BurnPyro likes this.
  8. Ragic

ever notice how when you push a liberal they abandon their individuality and hide behind the group think?

9. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Fun fact.

Me and Maru = more than a single person
    we= more than a single person including myself

same meaning but one uses less letters and is therefore more efficient.

you probably ddidn't know that.

10. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Religion = science, just a different god

Welp, now we know Gutsa is a nut as well

11. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

oh I knew that already. he's harmless though.
    and has a really low bar for cleverness.

12. Ragic

its cute how Burn and Gressen lick each others wounds

13. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

i don't want you to burn. the point is that i don't expect you to really jump, because you are not stupid and you know you would fall. as, if i told you to receive surgery without anesthetics but with prayers instead, you would refuse it. if you trust science about these facts, why not about all others?

14. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

are you sure?
    he did just confuse 2 people agreeing as them somehow being injured by his words and in need of care.
    though of course living in a fantasy world does not necesarily mean he is stupid, just detatched from reality.

15. Alakhami

According to quantum-wave dualism and the metaphysics of the Upanishads, the reality that you speak of is a mere illusion, a production of mass hypnosis, or, to be more accurate, the collective unconsciousness.

I'm a nut because I don't confine myself solely to the rationalistic approach of understanding the world? Or is it because that I doubt the cause of the enviromental cataclysms? Probably both, according to your viewpoint. Considering that for the latter my doubt is purely based on the research that I've concluded via your beloved science (which you, from what I've gathered, have very limited and popular knowledge of), it just shows how shallow-minded one can be when he lives according to the popular paradigm and doesn't bother to scrupulously search for sooth.

Religion doesn't equal science, Burn. But it usually is, when people haven't gone through the experience of the magical understanding of the world. I suggest you read Ken Wilber, Carl Jung and perhaps Sri Aurobindo, if you're interested in not being a science fanatic and having a deeper knowledge of not only the subject, but of the human psyche in general.

16. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

You just wrote that what I call real is not real but the result of all of us thinking that it is because ancient hindu philosophy/religious text and particles also being waves.
    Lay off the drugs mate.

17. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

I don't know any climate change denier types, what's your argument Ragic? Why do you think it's nothing to be concerned about? Based on?

Would be interested to hear your opinions that aren't "stupid liberals" with no other content.

BurnPyro, Geressen and MaruXV like this.
  18. Alakhami

It isn't quite as simple as that. In my experience, it's what I've realized after studying Jungian psychoanalysis, quantum physics and practicing meditation and yoga, and yes, psychedelics too, but merely as a booster at the very beggining. To you, obviously, it's ludicrous, since you probably haven't practiced or studied any of the above or even came to question such fundamental aspects of your life (which you should, like Socrates tought us long ago, but you probably haven't read any Plato either, right?). But I'm not the only one that came to the same conclusion. In fact, some of the most prominent modern scientists (Huxley, Einstein, Ford, Stromberg) came to similar conclusions too.
    But it's not just hindu philosophy or particles being waves, it's the fact that nothing exists until you observe it (which modern physics blatantly states) and how the quantum-wave duality shows that the vedic maya concept is true in the sense that dualism coats everything in this universe, even at a quantum level.

But sure, go ahead, it's easier to call the guy a lunatic instead of becoming more knowledgable and expanding your cultural and intuitive horizons ^^

19. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

@Gutsa I am unimpressed by namedropping and most of what you write is still nonsensical bullshittery. put down something concrete rather than uninspiringly and inanely writing wavey quack logic applying weird quantum effects of particles to the entirety of reality like some form of pulp science news and asuming that I never question reality.

I'd also have written taught rather than tought in the third line there.

20. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Does quantum physics prove God exists? No? Let's move on.
    Yoga might, but you shouldn't be getting with the teacher all the time.

Anyhow @Regulate Gaston. I admire your attempt to get a legitimate answer out of Ragic, I curiously await the result.

Geressen likes this.