Regarding new players

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by devilsrath, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Osidan

Osidan I need me some PIE!

I already suggested this elsewhere, but I still think that PVP games could use more incentive. How about the first three games give 350 gold each, regardless of win or loss? The current 150 gold for 1 win is underwhelming.

In a further step, being highly ranked should also have rewards attached to it. As of now, there is no real incentive to go for a top spot.

2. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

Rune accessibility is a huge problem for this game and has been for as long as I have played (early 2009). Many ideas have been brought up on this subject. Perhaps I don't understand internet sales and the legality there, but I have never understood why a player could not directly buy/acquire a rune he wants directly from the company. They have had to use 3rd party sites for a LONG time. I heard Octopi got in trouble with credit card sales once from a source and were having some legal/validity issues there which, according to the source, prompted them to sale the game. Whether this is true or not you now have an indirect way of buying runes with cash by purchasing owl credits. Wouldn't/doesn't this stop that problem to an extent? If so, I think runes should be available ALL the time without randomness to help solve the rune accessibility problem.
    Who knows...

3. Moles

Moles Administrator Octopi

Bugs, balance and something towards rune availablility should all be tackled with the expansion launch. It is not just a rune release.
    To be honest, the last week or so, is the first complaints i've heard about tokens since we released PvP token rewards - I'm not personally a fan of the CP system, but it is there for a reason and some players claim to even like it. If it seems like CP is still an issue after the expansion launch we can look at it again.

4. Bondman007

Awesome to hear about the expansion stuff.
    No problem here since tokens were made available with pvp....

5. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

Tokens for ranked games are a good start already. I'd accept a polymorph for my tokens. (advertising: cheap tokens 4x 10 pack in the trader now!)

6. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

I guess its just me then... I usually get only bronze tokens ffs. :(

7. Bondman007

Yeah, I get gold and plats quiet often! Tokens haven't bothered me since the change...
    now that annoying music bug and stutter lag on the other hand...

8. Moles

ya, those are both tricky issues that we are aware of, and will be trying again to pin down as soon as we get the time.

9. Atherhog

Atherhog I need me some PIE!

with the "no single player at certain times" bug?

10. Moles

yeah that one is the bane of @Cortices existance. luckily it only seems to go down for small periods

11. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

from what i remember of the article (i'm assuming we're referencing the same source material here), the issue was the number of chargebacks they were getting, leading to issues with a variety of payment methods and a noticeable drop in their monies

i don't think there's a particular legal issue associated with the Single Rune Store, just that it may have lead to them losing too much money and credit

i don't know if packs are substantially better, i assume that it's been more common for people to buy one item then get tired of it or something and deny the transaction than for them to buy a pack or a box and do the same, but this isn't something i have much knowledge of

poinl likes this.
  12. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Good thread. Scope is too limited here with your suggestions, devils, but your suggestions are definitely part of the solution.

13. Bondman007

Yes this... but in theory buying owl credits would "seem" to alleviate this problem instead of paying for the runes directly with $.
    Regardless, the point was to try and increase rune accessibility. I just don't think the game has a chance 'till its fixed.