Remove Font Bonuses from the game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by claydude5, Jun 26, 2015.

1. claydude5

claydude5 The King of Potatoes

Lemme get this straight, fonts are a big problem because they snowball the game with nora, so let's make them even stronger by giving them bonuses?

Another reason to remove them is the fact that AOE spells are dead now because of font bonuses like FS, SL, SP, FW, and IS's Faction bonus.

#BringBackDiversityByRemovingDiversity

bambino and Willow like this.
  2. Phynixe

Phynixe I need me some PIE!

Personally, I believe font bonuses give a unique aspect to the game, but as it stands, the bonuses have too large an impact on the game, especially ST in its current state. It's simple really, font bonuses should give off minor effects to the game where every faction has its own unique style, but keeping them all in equilibrium. Honestly, just look at ST's bonus in comparison to the rest at the moment, and tell me this is not just ridiculous.

3. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

This is such a kneejerk post.

4. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

I remember when I first started playing, it was very hard learning what all the font bonuses did. So a part of me want to support this.
    But if all the font bonuses got removed, I think FW would suffer too much compared to what the other factions would lose.
    Besides, what would happen to the water in FS's fonts? It is pretty important for Semi Aquatic BGs.

5. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I think it could just be reduced to terrain, since players can visually see these, so it's fairly intuitive, and they often give passive benefits.

So FW keeps the dead magic zone, or maybe gets the dead grass terrain, but all other bonuses go, just the terrain remains.

More could be made of terrain interactions like domain and hidden.

6. Phynixe

Phynixe I need me some PIE!

Oh, another kid to ignore. You were the little boy that always cried nerf.

7. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Also, it would be pretty cool if the art for the captured font node thing could be personalised to each faction better, like FS' could be a fountain with water running down into the font. ST's could be a ice statue or something.

Seems like it would be a good way to mitigate the outdated graphics.

Qucas, claydude5 and soulmilk like this.
  8. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

@Senshu

who's alt is this again?

9. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

hahahahaha

10. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

gonna have to agree with this thread..
    font bonus should grant a small bonus and a little diversity to the fac. if we're at the point where its giving facs more of an advantage (which I believe), even if the powers just bring up an argument. then I think they should be reconsidered. its enough work balancing actual runes,, dont need more on yer plate.
    Also, if u dont like a rune , u dont have to use it,, as opposed with the font bonus , where yer just arbitrarily stuck with whatever the devs thinks is kool power... and this is not a "grass is greener" situation. . I dont think there worth it....

but I do like the earlier post mentioned about font graphic,, froggies fountain, St ice statue etc...that would be enough for me.

11. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

Remove font bonuses and you will ensure to have done everything possible to kill the game.

That said, IS bonus in reverse 2x is more Op than the original one... It's like the old SP bonus In Reverse.

12. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

i cant tell if your complaining about IS bonus or praising it?

13. claydude5

claydude5 The King of Potatoes

I think he is saying the new ST bonus doing 2x the old IS bonus reverse is bullshit

14. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

-2 ap when u enter my ST font, because Sok is our leader yes we can.

15. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Wat?