Retri change and stitched

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LoganMkv, Apr 1, 2014.

1. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

Yup, doesn't leave remains now.
    Quite big and totally unnecessary nerf, I hope it was just an overlooked issue.

2. uaChakra

uaChakra Member

I think new mechanic of sacrifice now , not proc any effect like death nova and etc.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2014
  3. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

I could see it going either way.

4. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

If you Sacrifice a stiched does it leave remains?
    If not, then it´s WAI and should have been for a while.

Nebron likes this.
  5. Greysands22

Greysands22 I need me some PIE!

I dont see how stitch need retri and sac to be competitive, Then again neither does UD, both spells are a crutch.

6. DrNiles

DrNiles Member

Spells were/are pretty inconsistent for leaving Stitched remains.

If this stays, it's not going to break Stitched or anything, but it feels like an unnecessary hit.

7. LoganMkv

There's a golden design rule — don't fix something that isn't broken.
    You may consider it big or not, wai or not, but it's a nerf to a well-balanced theme, while displaced could just have gotten bloodless like any other rider in the game.

8. only

only Active Member

oh so The Displaced was that offender? I thought Phoenix Anklet+Ret. perhaps both... I doubt Stithceds were even taken into consideration.

9. LoganMkv

Maybe, I haven't ever seen anklet-retri.

10. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

Coragh now fails his on death trigger as well. Probably related.

11. only

only Active Member

what about other Rider(-like) abilities?

is Phoenix Anklet+Summon still a thing?

12. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

Skeletal Raider works

13. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

I am totally for this change hitting stitched; mechanics in this game that are no-risk/instant reward are extremely unhealthy. So if they get changed in such a way that causes the no-risk/instant reward to change to risk/reward. I'm all for it, being able to retri a unit, and then instantly make another is just silly. So, yeah Rider champs got hit, and so did stitched. GOOD!

This is a huge QoL improvement and it sucks that your easy to use strategies are being torn down, piece by piece. But, honestly if you're crutching on these things to win...Then yeah, feel the wrath of the nerf bat.

Alakhami, IceHippo and RedDain like this.
  14. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Gore explosion also seems to bypass Eternal Lich/Phylactery interaction

15. only

only Active Member

as you can see, it introduced many other unintented interactions...

16. Gedden

Gedden Administrator Octopi

So there is a subtle but potent distinction between team and rider.
    • Team is a set of "multiple units" acting as a single unit
      In this case, sacrificing this unit would result in the whole unit being sacrificed, because it really is just one unit. The "2nd form" of the unit from the team is a slightly lesser version of the original unit, but is still the original unit.
    • XXX Rider creates a completely new unit as a result of the death
      Completely different unit, with different stats, nora cost, abilities etc.
    If you Sac the Plains Savage, you are effectively sacrificing the horse, and getting a renegade.
    If you sac the displaced, you are sacing the unit

17. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Uhhh I think we found another candidate for the consolidation hammer. Why have a distinction? let's pick the best mechanic combination from team and rider and scrap having 2 versions of it. Balance tweaks to relevant champs accordingly. Try to imagine a new player being explained this or worse, having to randomly run into the difference in gameplay trial and error style..and not be frustrated.

singinsammy and Mercer Skye like this.
  18. LoganMkv

"Easy to use strategies" are 150 sources of pacify/divert/premonition/df. (iajab-style reply).

Riders+retri is bad cause you can tap, retri, and get the font. If you do the same with stitched - you are not getting the font.
    Sac+stitched is bad cause sac is cheap, spammable, generates nora, and would have been 2x auto used on cd. Retri is expensive, not always usable, and it costs you nora.
    Leaving remains is stitched racial, not something optional. Retri+remains is obviously not crutch, but perfectly normal interaction. That's like "let's paladins lose cte benefits if they're under RD because of rover:conqueror on a moga".

19. only

only Active Member

Team in general is bad ability.

you can counter Rider and Defensive Turtle in the same manner as you would do against Perseverance.
    you can't do the same with Team. it would be nice to follow pattern here... and now that Team introduces even more unintented interactions...

20. RedDain

RedDain I need me some PIE!

Sorry, but Retri+Remains means that you: do lots of damage, drop a relic that can be reconstituted into a real champ of similar strength (usually) to the one you cast retri on - doing so gives you the nora globe dropped from the Retributed champ. Worst case scenario is the retri drops a relic that can contest a font for a turn (which in the case of stitched, being a semi-zerg faction, means that the font will remain contested in most cases).

You're wrong, and you're defending your personal deck design choices... and yet I see you on other threads castigating people for doing the same around their personal deck choices...

Good luck with that.

Good change to Retri, IMO.

21. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Shoulda been that way ages ago.