Returning, need update

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by Aquifn, Jun 21, 2016.

1. Aquifn

Aquifn Member

Yo!
    So I'm returning after several years of not playing, and boy have things changed. Artic is silly, all of my old decks feel slow and costly compared to anything else I go up against.

And what is up with our font bonus? Is it actually utterly useless? I thought it'd do something neat, like require someone have 3ap to even contest my font, but people with 1 ap just walk right in.

Anyhow, the important questions. What themes are viable, and why? Jakei, Lonx, Ferren, Monk, Elemental, Frost, Leoss, Yeti? What else is there, crystalline?

Hopefully, thanks for the update!

2. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

uhhhh. the ST font bonus is amazing.

Also
    Lonx, Jakei, Flying, Monks, Frost, Leoss, Yeti, and elementals are all pretty good themes at the moment. though lonx chieftain isnt a big ball of amazing anymore.

3. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

I'm kind of outdated on which themes are viable... You should probably direct to @kalasle and his tier list of decks.

4. Aquifn

Aquifn Member

Wow, are these forums just utterly dead? How disappointing

5. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Goyo likes this.
  6. Aquifn

Aquifn Member

I'm sorry, but I didn't consider your response to be useful in any way. You stated you liked the node bonus, but didn't explain how it's useful. You then said almost all themes are good, without saying anything about them.

I didn't realize Goyo's response had a link to another section. I thought it was just tagging someone. I'll go read that now, thank you.

7. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Best to ignore him, he's always salty, consider him the local grump. The font bonus is extremely strong in the fact when your opponent contests they lose ap, which leaves them open for counter attacks and no ap to run away until next turn. As for st themes the majority are pretty good with a couple nobody uses at the bottom. Here's how i'd rank the current st bgs.

1) Meta, good stuff
    2) Elementals
    3) Amp frost
    4) Lonx
    5) jakei
    6) monks
    7) ferren
    8)yeti

Not sure where leoss rank as I never play them.

Aquifn likes this.