returning old player - here to complain a bit

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by kissofpain, May 16, 2015.

1. kissofpain

kissofpain Well-Known Member

Hello everyone,

Well, I am pretty much dissapointed about how UNCOMPETITIVE my old runes have become. And this is not because they got overcreeped, but because they got NERFED - to the ground some of them.

First of all, the most iconic (for me) KF unit, the Ranger. I used to run this guy with block 2 and dodge 2, and on top of that he had melee spec 2 and riposte. He lost all that :(

And now almost all of my Legendary runes have been nerfed pretty hard:

- Queen Anaru lost Secure Fonts, but now costs 101 if I want to chose divert. Oh and I can't get both divert and spell resistance. It became useless. A useless legendary. USELESS!

- Garu Chosen lost majestic!!! Please look at the art and tell me that isn't a majestic garu??? Further more u can't chose both protective and impenetrable.

- Condor Fury can't chose both duel and loyalty, you are forced to chose duel of course, so it lacks diversity. It's less than 90 nora and can't use elite blade anymore. I used to have a whole deck build arround this guy.

- Elven page is forced to chose between magic resistance and menalaus page? Cmoooon, who will NOT chose page? That was supposed to be his speciallity, his base ability!!!

- Bowman lost evasive and blindfire. However he still has imbue stun and has his attack type changed so it's usable.

Now I would like to point out that people payed money to get these runes that came in special packs, and now most of them are useless. I don't really like find this enjoyable...

A lot of other runes have been nerfed, but most notably the fairy trickster. Where is metamorfosis? Nobody will run trickster anymore. :(

Oh and why the hell was sunder removed from Elven fury? Was that an OP rune or what?

L.E. KF Avatar lost cleanse? :( And dusk druid lost his ping, valkyrie lost entangling attack, mage of lament lost damage shield, jester lost bastion of mobility

This gets worst and worst, it makes me feel very frustrated as I see how all the runes I liked at KF got nerfed and all the combos gone. :((

Last edited: May 16, 2015
  2. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

(almost) Every champ got ****ed over at revamp time. Another example is willowind and tanglefoot. Basically, it was deemed that champs had too many abilities and skills, and they were all knocked down to about 5ish each.
    Things that you listed that I know about:
    Anaru was OP as hell, and it's pet was a meat wall. It just got nerfed a bit too hard.
    Chosen is actually still pretty good in magic/wizard/thirion decks.
    Page appears to still be used quite a lot even without mena in the deck (although nearly every deck that's appropriate for page is also appropriate for mena).
    I don't know how bowmage used to be before, but up until recently he was never used, and only recently became viable again.
    Yeh trickster is Bane Shift now.
    Dusk druid is also the epitome of nerfed now, he lost the only things that let him do anything: adaptive and ping.

3. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Gobs and gobs of changes. Most for good, some are worse. C'est la vie.

4. chris0024

chris0024 I need me some PIE!

WB and instead of looking at the bad, try to focus on the good that happened to the faction.

5. scrampy

scrampy I need me some PIE!

All runes got their power levels reduced across all factions. While some of the runes you listed are indeed in bad shape (Ranger, dusk druid), many of them are quite good. Condor fury is actually better with loyalty imo and will be over 90 with it, allowing for elite blade equips. Either way, it is still a solid include in many BGs, especially beast BGs. Chosen is fantastic in magic amp BGs utilizing thirion. Page is basically an autoinclude in almost every KF BG as she is incredibly cheap with divine favor 3 and soften and swap make her incredibly versatile. Bowmage was recently buffed and is now a solid include, especially in archer and elf BGs.

6. chris0024

chris0024 I need me some PIE!

what do you know scramps?!! u dont even play anymore! :mad:

scrampy likes this.
  7. scrampy

scrampy I need me some PIE!

You're just mad that I am the favorite! ;)

DarkJello likes this.