Returning Player: Need some help

Discussion in 'Training Grounds and Game Guides' started by kurisukun, Sep 13, 2016.

1. kurisukun

kurisukun New Member

I started playing Pox shortly after it came out. Played it probably too much, was pretty good. Made a lot of trickdecks, that did a lot of silly things. It was fun. Then SoE bought the game and College got rough and I just kinda stopped playing.

So now I've come back, and WOW things have changed. You don't upgrade your units anymore (well, not as extensively) and Speed works differently and all my Shards I got from farming campaigns are gone and.... and... Well, I don't know what else!

There are two main problems that I've run into. One, is that none of my BGs are even remotely playable anymore. I ran apprentice mages because you could get em up to 8AP a turn for cheap. Now you can't even do that! which doesn't make them bad, necessarily. I just don't know what good is anymore.

The other problem is that it seems that my collection is now pretty much worthless... I got a couple of Polymorph's sitting around but other than that everything I have seems to be a part of the "Core" set, which seems to be given away in game like candy. The tutorial gave me a Menelaus! I remember begging for WEEKS for someone to trade that to me. And here we are giving em away.

Don't get me wrong, I think that's a good thing. always felt like the game's free-to-playness was a little on the weak side, and it's good to see that you can earn your way to some good BGs now. But I just... I don't really know how to proceed. I had kind of expected to show back up with my pretty large collection and be able to trade for all the new cool hotness. But instead... it looks like any old joe can just go craft themselves a Thorn Collection now. And while that's probably better for the game, it kinda screws me over, ya know?

So yea, if someone could give me a rundown of what makes a good rune these days (and, I guess more importantly, what doesn't) That'd be super helpful. And if anyone has a link to a guide of how the economy works (or who can just give me the ELI5 version real quick) That'd be super helpful too. And, ya know, anything else that's changed that I might not have noticed or figured out. There's been so many changes, I'm sure that I've missed a ton of them that are probably important.

I'll probably make my way over to the K'thir forum later and get someone over there to tell me WTF I should be doing with BG construction now.

Thanks for your time!

2. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Well, lucky for you, polymorph is worth a ton

Anima26 likes this.
  3. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!

If you trade me a polymorph I will teach you all I know about the game! heck I will even give you second menalaus :D.
    Ok, just joking. with a polymorph you can probably buy enough stuff for a good deck. What are you interested in playing? You should check the forums for tier list of current decks and focus on one theme (or faction at least, meta decks are really variable and strong) so we can actually help you. Do you want to ply trickdecks still?

4. kurisukun

kurisukun New Member

I've always been a K'thir player, so K'thir is what I have the most of and what I'd planned on focusing on. Mainly though, that's because I like to swarm with a variety of powerful but cheap units, and the speed boost allowed me to do that quite well. I may switch over to play Moga now... assuming that Moga is still about "fill the board with minions" And that it's good.

You mentioned I should check the forums for tier lists.... I swung by general and some of the faction subforums and didn't' find anything like that. Which forums?

5. IronStylus

6. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

@kagebunshn I suggest you create a thread in the trader section of the forum with your Polymorph. I know I'm interested in trading for one, and I suspect you'll have numerous other offers. In general people use poxbox.com to base their trade values. Polymorph isn't on there, so I'd recommend just getting a bidding war to see who offers the most value in poxbox points.

Anima26 likes this.
  7. IronStylus

just make sure you announce it on global, so more people will know you're trading a rare rune

Anima26 likes this.
  8. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Welcome back, hope you have fun finding your feet again and playing around with all the new stuff.

9. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

All I will say is, ask for double the price for Poly. It's the single rarest rune in Pox, other than glitch runes.

Etherielin likes this.