Returning player needs advice.

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by Saandro, Mar 21, 2014.

1. Saandro

Saandro I need me some PIE!

2. PharumM

PharumM Member

in my opinion playing pox right now would be best by making theme deck vampire zombie beast barbarian etc
    just throwing in some good/best runes doesint work out too well
    synergy is power

3. jesterman7

jesterman7 The King of Potatoes

Just my thoughts...

First I don't think you have to make a theme deck. Many meta decks weren't themed before, however a theme is easier to build and play.

Remove:
    Corruptor- I don't like them, and if you are going to try their nora thing you should be running 2
    Scouring Jasper-Expensive, not super useful
    Bloodbinder count- Expensive and life siphon isn't as important in a non-life siphon theme deck without dark messenger
    Hoarfrost dragon- Expensive, limited range, and you get frost dmg from the witch
    Moragon- Expensive, I don't like her that much as others as I never really use her
    Bonewing- Including him just for shatter in a non-skele deck isn't really worth it

possible Adds:
    Mobi- I think most people run 2
    Shadestriker- I like 2 as they are cheap
    Putrid Creeper- I like him as a tanker and alt dmg just in case you need it
    Skeletal lerper- Love them, you can forge him now too
    Vampyre- He is pretty cheap and can be nice and useful to throw out there
    Bloodtracker- Hes cheap and I like him, 2rng is nice, even better if you add dark messenger
    Dark messenger- if you want to add some life siphons shes a must. Non FW players may not know why youre healing so much
    Bloodworm- Love the little guy.
    Cleric of unrest- Cheap, range, and invigorate is nice
    Hoarfrost lich- cheap, rng, frost

4. PharumM

PharumM Member

no ofc themed deck isint a necessity but its easier to understand and manipulate if you have a way of game play you want to follow

random runes even if good and you are new/returning isint a generaly good idea

5. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

Hi Saandro
    Welcome back :)

You bg has a little to much of 1 random of anything.
    Try creating a little more synergy in the bg.

A few thoughts: Only 1 Mobilisation? For drawpurposes alone I would have it x2.
    BloodBinder count is sadly not even worth using in a full Vmapire BG.
    Bonewing. Should be reserved for full skeletons bgs, a big skeleton block in a bg or in Dread BG´s. He is wasted as just a single include.
    Corrupters usually require a full bg designed around them, with 2 of them and at least 2 relocate foe champions.
    Moragen is usually only worth it in Zombies and Dread imo.

Try thinking of a focus for your bg and create a new one with a theme or an idea in mind. Then let us help you refine that :)

6. Saandro

Saandro I need me some PIE!

Thx for the replies guys. Just one more question. What are some cheap runes I should aim to get?

Oh and also which theme is the cheapest one to build?

7. PharumM

PharumM Member

well full perfect theme is usualy pricy
    but ask your self question what would you want to build ?
    i bet you aim for Forsaken waste so
    you got
    Lich
    skelletons
    vampires
    zombie
    and not realy a meta mutant deck
    spirit
    and ofc witch
    then ask your self how you like to play

fast offensive/rush ?
    defensive late game ?

budget zombie deck
    it realy needs corrupted guardian and high warlock to be realy cool
    http://www.poxbase.com/#!/deck/Cg+ctWc37c6qc7yCpQCfLCaBc42coXCwoc4ns6Zs4Is2=Sns4fr2XR2NrTr2Pr8et

budget witch deck
    http://www.poxbase.com/#!/deck/cfJC7yCwacqjchbC9gCaBCaXcaVCg-c4ns6Zs15s4gs4Isns4fsZS7DrTr8r1aet

budget skeleton deck
    http://www.poxbase.com/#!/deck/c8kC...hVc5xc4bcuVc4ns6ZSws4Is2=sns4fr2hr3lrTrmr2Pr8

spirit
    http://www.poxbase.com/#!/deck/CjKCw4C8bCwpCg-cuBCtICqgcjZS6Zs4Isps12s5_Sns4fs5arTr8exet

i used to play FW but now i play ST like crazy and loving it :d
    but i do enjoy IS/FW split
    http://www.poxbase.com/#!/deck/Cuic...Vcu-chucpDc1tS6Zs4Bsus4Is1YsnsPsFs4fr5r8ehe2y

but mine Favourite deck is ferren !

http://www.poxbase.com/#!/deck/cu7c...vct1cy_cg7s7Ks16s1qS2Ls5qS13s49s77s6fr30r14rI

i posted bg so you know what people are playing

realy big in FW is now
    soulreave - anihilates shields arrow eater defiant and lots and lots of other things
    despoil - gr8 nora gen tool well not realy nora gen but you can nora starve other side prity easy

shadestriker are op good in any deck thay are cheep and have surge spirit wich works with illusion and striker can genrate 3 illusions especialy powerfull in spirit bg its can go realy realy high on damage

all of the deck are budgeted wich mean it misses some most important champions

like czar of the void for lich spirit
    corrupted guardian + high warlock in zombies prefered 2x of each
    umbra wolf not absolutly nesesery in spirit but i can help a gr8 deal
    and more but i think you got enough to read for now :D

8. jesterman7

I think skeleton is one of the cheapest FW bgs to make, you can play it either by sacrificing skeles to boost others or summon lots of skeles to boost others. My favorite FW bg that I've used in the past is a life siphon theme, I don't like calling it vampyre since not everything in it is a vampyre. Alot of bgs can be built fairly cheap, its just those few runes that are expensive but you can still play without them and work towards getting them.

9. Dolphinllc

Dolphinllc Member

I think I read in another post someone saying that runes are better with dark messenger as well... What is the synergy between dark Messenger and any other champion? Maybe I am just blind but I don't see any interactive skills/abilities.

Most any of the FW themes have budget varieties. Vampires, Witches, Zombies, Skeletons, take your pick. FW Is IMO the faction with the most variety of themes and synergy within it.

10. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

@Dolphinllc I think that's a mistake, that definition suits elder bloodbinder.

11. jesterman7

Guilty. Too many runes to prevent brain farts.