Returning to SL

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by Jonesy23, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Jonesy23

Jonesy23 Member

I am looking to make some SL decks (since SL was the faction I started playing when I started the game) and wondered what some recommendations would be as far as decks to play that are pretty competitive but also have lots of fun combos. It's been a long time since I've played SL so I didn't even really know where to start and im open to any suggestions more seasoned players have.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
  2. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

1. Wait for the expansion.

2. Dragons are strong but have no fun comboes, just a surge vindrax, surge rumblers and superstrong maulers + transmission relay to get rid of champion cooldowns and drakewing swarm to buff your surgers. That's it.

3. Skeezick are fun and have some unit based comboes + a lot of ap generation of different kind and a good incentive to use forbidden fruit.

4. Arthropod/sand + matriarch is a thing if you are willing to give some limbs for all the legs needed (krik alpha + slasher). It can still get you to exo even without, but limited players will destroy you more often than not if you don't have those legs. 1x spitter, 1x adamant, 2x matriarch and 2x puppae for a decent myx module if you feel like it.

5. Pure sand and pure myx are plain bad.

Jonesy23 likes this.
  3. Jonesy23

Jonesy23 Member

Alright, I will go off that. Thanks for the help and giving me a good starting point.

4. Jonesy23

Jonesy23 Member

Question on the Arthropod/ Sand group... If I could get my hand on him, would myx broodlord be a good include as well?

5. Sealer0

Questionable include, 1x at best. He was okay before collosal nerf, now he is slightly less okay. But with increase of cost in Myx Adamant, I think Broodlord can be decent enough as a tank/control rune with massive leap.

Don't spend too much on him, though. Archnic/Sand Scorpion will tank for a cheaper price.

6. Jonesy23

Jonesy23 Member

7. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I'd suggest trying out Varu Dragon, he's got pretty nutso damage output if you grab the Sandstriker upgrade.

8. Sealer0

Here are my thoughts, take it or leave it:

Mantid tracker is 1x at best, this unit doesn't do enough to warrant x2.

Dunes manticore 1x at best, too specialized, overcosted because of sting-2 on base, doesn't synergize with myx/arthro modules.

Remove myx drone.

Play around and see if 2x spitter is a good idea, they can't contest for Bane Shift. I think 1x spitter is good.

Champs you should try instead: Sand Scorpion, Varu Dragon, Archnic, Acid Dartwing, Rolling Shrieker. More expensive: Krikk alpha (probably best ranged unit for the theme), myx slasher (probably the best myx in game). Coordinator might be worth it, I'll play around when I get the time. If you want more sand, sandstalker lord is now very runnable with desert walker.

You probably know already, but maulers don't synergize. Still the best beater in SL, so might be worth it.

2x minefield is questionable because unreliable.

The rest looks fine, though I always run 1x magnetize in my decks, and you might have too much quicken/quickening/db. There are situations where more attacks will not win you the game. I would consider Transfusion 1x, and maybe a form of detection, if stealth gives you trouble.

9. Jonesy23

Jonesy23 Member

I appreciate you guys taking your time to help me out and improve on my deck. I do have one more question, would it be worth it to get another myx adamant and put him in for an extra tank?

10. Sealer0

At his current state, I'd say archnic or sand scorpion are better for that role. His cost got up in the latest patch, and the ap he got in return will matter less than his cost.