revamp feedback thread

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by badgerale, Jul 4, 2014.

1. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

The PDC members have been asked to collect and collate the feedback from our respective factions. This will then be presented to gedden to do with what he will.

I'm looking through the other feedback threads (theKraken's is good) and will make a list of problematic runes - either overcosted, undercosted or just bad designs. Spells/equips/relics can also be discussed.

This can also be a place to address issues with themes - if you feel like a particular deck type needs a change then bring it up here.

Posts that make suggestions for fixes as well as identify problems are always good, though this isn't necessary - all feedback is good.

One thing I will ask, is that you actually play a few games with the rune before commenting on it - sometimes things don't play the way they look on paper.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2014
  2. badgerale

(I'll be updating this in response to feedback)

The (too) Good - runes that are too efficient, too powerful or otherwise over the top:

Deep elf mercenary?

Deep elf fire dancer?

Deep elf priestess. A higher cost for beckon seems appropriate - I'm thinking to get her back to around 64 Nora.

Ember wasp - looks like another 15 nora

The Bad - runes that are not playable or overcosted:

Vothair reaver

Vothair ireguard - I think this rune plays better than people expect, though perhaps not 100 Nora better. I'm thinking 92 noraish.

Gahlroon

Pit dragon

Grundlewolf Alpha

Soulbleeder

Hook fiend

Sheoul Magus

Demonologist - give him a clearer role

The Ugly - runes that are an awkward or counter intuitive in design. This could also include oversights and bugs:

Deep elf summoner. What is essentially a support champ now has abilities more fitting to a front line guy - tormented, pawn. I'd prefer her role to be better defined.

Some of this is my own interpretation, some from others -- if you disagree with anything please say so.

3. RasielCZ

RasielCZ I need me some PIE!

From top of my head only ember wisp seems severely undercost, there is a lot of overcosted runes tough since meta shifted about 20 nora lower.
    I'll try to put together something more specific tomorrow when I have time.

4. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

Hookfiend needs battle drum back..... + 1 speed.....since you can only pick grappling hook or pull....seems fair :D

5. theKraken

theKraken I need me some PIE!

Deep elves in general-
    Race to Demon, Deep Elf. (Grimlics treachery will need updated in text) This has been and unclear for a while and needs fixed.

Soulthirster-
    has six speed again, so id wait to see if it needs a larger buff. (if it does either brain eater or gluttony back to base)

Sheoul magus, Disciple, Maxx, Demon - Some lack luster, could be a sub theme with corrupted cultist. Will write more on this later

Sheoul Magus-
    Upgrade line 1 -Attack charged 2/ Abuse charged 2/ Ally Forsaken Waste or defile corpse
    Upgrade line 2 -Charged attack/ Life siphon/ life drinker
    Reasoning, Enable the cool charged mechanic he had before, but had to choose between healing and dmg output.

Corrupted overlord
    Colossal Back to base- He hits like a truck with the bombs but hes not worth his current package at that cost.

Bunny Lord -
    Kinda Meh lets make him the Beast lord he should be and keep him as a high cost power rune!
    Upgrade path 1: Camaraderie/ Leap 3/ Majestic
    Upgrade Path 2: Lava Storm/ Surge beast 1 (or a new ability surge magma bunny 2)

Grundlewulf Alpha-
    Upgrade line 1- Improve speed/ Regen 2,3
    Upgrade line 2- Horrific Howl/ Frightful Blows/ Reflection

Deep Elf Fanatic-
    Kinda lack luster when compared to other super efficient deep elves. Lets make him all about Deep elf decks instead of an over efficient beater.
    Upgrade path 1 -Pounce/ counter attack ranged
    Upgrade path 2- essence capture/ call to arms
    Base - add surge: deep elf 1, lower base dmg to 8

Grimlic is probably balanced but this would be a chance for interesting upgrades
    Upgrade path 1- Fire Bomb 3/Lava Storm/ Flame Strike
    Upgrade path 2- Fire eater/ Surge: Deep elf/ Flame nova 3 (!!!deception should be made to not proc surge!!!)
    Now he can stay 109 but really fit into different Bgs as more than a ranged beater. Truly Heroic! (fire deck and deep elf deck synergy)

Demonologist still caught in between roles.
    Upgrade path 1 - Summon Imp 1,2 / Loyalty
    upgrade path 2 - Lifedrinker/ Bleed/ Sustain Unstoppable

Jyx
    Path 1: rapid attacks 3 / execute / manic
    Path 2: Strike / corruption / hostile
    Attack: physical
    Soul siphon
    Amphibious
    Split hero
    This is what we came up with after a long discussion in the fs forums to make him more interesting

Spellkaiser-
    Upgrade Path 1- Flamethrower/Magical Bomb 3/ Fire Bomb 3
    Upgrade path 2 -Hex 2, 3/ relocate foe
    This way there would be a choice between his offensive and support abilities

Malandur- Overcosted kinda bland

I also wish something would get relocate foe back in ud, also more pounce. As a melee faction I want to hit hard and move fast

(Ill edit this post a few times with with specific suggestions and format it more nicely. ill mark it when im done.)

6. badgerale

I missed that, thanks. I don't have one myself so be good if you (and others) can let me know how he goes.

I'm going to try to get the list for gedden on Monday morning, though I expect this thread will remain relevant after that.

7. drathys

drathys I need me some PIE!

Shoeul daemon too.it seems that the classic high damage champs are overcosted. has anyone given these a fair run though? i tried gahlroon and it didnt get me very far. I love shoeul magus and he never seems to have been right, it wasn't as if he was great before except in bleed decks. attack cahrged was what made him interesting. could we not have that back woithout the option for life siphon? it seems that its the benefit of being attacked plus ability to heal that makes him problematic, i would love to be able to use him in a fire bg.
    thanks for making this thread

8. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Grimlic and Deep Elf Fanatic are great, currently. No change needed, imo.

9. theKraken

I would just like to see options on them, the suggestions were more ment to be lateral changes.

10. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Yeah, but grimmy with Surge or Fire Eater would be broke, and DE Fanatic doesn't need the boost you want to give him either.

11. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

Ill work on a full list later tonight for this thread

12. vipoid

vipoid I need me some PIE!

I can see the problem with Surge, but why would Fire Eater break Grimlic?

13. badgerale

I don't see it being a huge problem but not sure it fits him flavourwise.

14. theKraken

Your probably right with grimlic just wish he has more choice.
    Fanatic is good now, but after playing him hes not amazing in deep elves where hw should be his strongest ( I really want deep elves to be a real theme)

15. theKraken

And with grimlic I was going for deep elf build grimlic, and fire build grimlic. Also deception should not add to surge on any unit

16. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Deep Elves are a theme. They're one of UD's better decks, at the moment, actually.

17. theKraken

They are good , but only because they're filled with hyper efficient champs, I want synergy (more than treachery) that glues them together.

18. Brightwood

Brightwood The King of Potatoes

i want lower beast of sheoul to get either agressive or absorb back in exchange for removing backlash it was a upgrade no one used

19. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

It wold be nice if puppet master's second upgrade path could be changed to {resonance, sentry 3, posses 2} to keep his intended utilities?

20. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

BTW i don't like the feel of the new bloodguard..... if you engage to fight i feel you are dead for sure..with only 40 hp....... the old 1-2 let her do some dmg without her dieing