Revamp Flavor Update

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Xirone, Jun 28, 2014.

1. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Admittedly, there are much bigger fish to fry than concentrating on flavor updates. With that said, a revamp is the perfect time to polish up certain things. As such, here is a list of very easy to implement, and minor, changes to certain runes...

Flavor Revamp Ideas

Ancestral Avenger- Class changed from Warrior to Demi-God, Brute.
    Reasoning- From his artwork, Class: Demi-God, Brute seems to be the perfect match.

Circle Messenger- Class changed from Bard to Bard, Knight.
    Reasoning- He seems equal parts Bard and Knight (he is even riding a mount!).

Deadwood Strider- Class changed from None to Brute.
    Reasoning- As Gedden mentioned somewhere, Brutes are champions that attack with their hands. Deadwood Strider is the epitome of a Brute thanks, in part, to his very large hands.

Elven Ancestor- Class changed from None to Warrior.
    Reasoning- Very few members of human-like races (elves, humans, barbarians, jakei, etc...) have no class associations. Warrior seems to be the most fitting. A case could be made for Class: Wizard but that would be a buff due to interactions with Chained Fae.

Elven Treecaller- Race changed from Elf, Treefolk to Elf.
    Reasoning- She should only gain Race: Treefolk when she transforms into a tree. If the devs are unwilling to change the coding on Tree Form, leave this champ as she is (instead of removing Race: Treefolk).

Faeguard Nullbeast- Name changed to Faeguard Mantis. Race changed from Beast to Arthropod.
    Reasoning- The champion is clearly an insect, not a beast. I know this change would be a minor nerf but it seems justified, to me.

Falconer- Race changed from Beast, Elf to Elf.
    Reasoning- Most champions that are have a beast friend associated with it are, in fact, dual races. The falcon that accompanies him is quite small and so I feel like he is mostly just an Elf. Bliss also has a bird on her arm but she isn't a beast.

Forest Dragon- Race changed from Dragon to Dragon, Plant.
    Reasoning- This champion has the ability, Revere: Thirion and looks like a plant. Why not make him a little more like Thirion and make him a plant.

Gnarlwood Lifegiver- Class changed from None to Shaman, Priest.
    Reasoning- All Gnarlwood have race associations except for this one. The above idea seems most flavorful.

K'thir Doombringer- Race changed from Beast to Beast, Plant.
    Reasoning- Many of the various Doombringers have race associations which are thematic. This guy could conceivably be both a beast and plant.

Menalaus- Race changed from Wizard to Priest, Wizard.
    Reasoning- Many flavor-texts throughout KF refer to Menalaus as a priest while others refer to him as a wizard.

Nectar Fairy- Class changed from Rogue to Rogue, Priest.
    Reasoning- She is very much a Priest. She isn't that much of a rogue, but what is cooler than a rogue priest?

Nymph- Race changed from Fairy to Elf, Fairy. Class changed from Priest to Rogue
    Reasoning- Nymph is , currently, the only fairy that can't fly. Being part elf would explain many things about her nature (she looks very much like an elf). Additionally, she seems more rogue than priest.

Pox Renovator- Class changed from Ranger to None.
    Reasoning- Very few beasts have class associations. For some reason the Pox Renovators are exceptions?

Thirion- Class changed from None to Demi-God.
    Reasoning- He is meant to be a bad*ss and the promotion to Demi-God would reflect this.

Wild Elf- Race changed from Barbarian, Elf to Elf.
    Reasoning- The previous devs tried to fit him into an odd KF/IS split deck. Since the barbarian racial was changed, there is very little reason for him to remain a Barbarian.

2. Xirone

Additionally, there are so many champions that would seem to fit Class: Defender if Defender were introduced to Pox.

3. Xirone

Once again, I wanted to reiterate that these aren't the most pressing concerns but I think they are well deserved...when the devs get time.

4. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

I'd really like it if Circle Messenger lost Channel: Speed and had her cost adjusted accordingly.

5. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Wasn't Menalaus a priest in the past? I remember him being class: priest a long time ago.

6. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

For flavor reasons, I'd like a recolor on Flamemage so she's not a Demon Elf. Her abnormal coloration is annoying.

"Wood Marshal Druid" sounds odd. "Wood Marshal" was perfectly sufficient be he druid, wizard, ranger, or whatever.

Treeform should give the race not for any practical reason but for consistency sake.

"Summon Treespirit" should be "Summon Sapling." Again, it's a consistency thing.

Osidan and Xirone like this.
  7. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

don't you think that flame skitter form is unnecesary? why not hand wood marshal a plain range instead?

8. Xirone

I have the same issues with the same things. I really don't like the Demon Elf coloring of Flamemage. I thought Wood Marshal, or Wood Druid, sounds better than Wood Marshal Druid. Tree Form should grant Race: Treefolk, Plant. The ability Summon Treespirit should be renamed Summon Sapling.

9. Xirone

I do like the sprite of Wood Marshal better than the sprite for Flame Skitter. It would take art direction, and so probably wouldn't happen, but it would be cool if his ranged form and his normal form were identical except for a the tree-staff he holds catches fire.

10. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

my question was more about what would you think if woodmarshal range were 4-7 and he had no flame skitter form? it's really necessary to have that extra ability?
    It looks to me as a trick to lower artificially the nora cost of the woodmarshal that is unnecesarily increased by flame armor.

Gorebucket likes this.
  11. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

@ GabrielQ: Stole the words out of my mouth.

@ Xirone: I agree. I like my Wood Marshal to look like one.

Not to mention it seems silly to skin him when he's going to be in vastly superior rat form all the time.

12. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

For the new guide, and because the "flavor text" is relevant to the conversation:
    [​IMG]

GabrielQ likes this.