Revamp Gems

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by BroWatchThis, Jun 26, 2014.

1. BroWatchThis

BroWatchThis Devotee of the Blood Owl

At first glance, I was very upset/annoyed/everything you can imagine because our heroes (Serkan, Coragh, Xulos, etc.) got hit pretty hard with the nerf bat, and Serkan is to the point of shoebox.
    The deeper I inspected, the more I realized there are a few handful of goodies that shouldn't be overlooked (still doesn't make Serkan nerf, etc. OK). This is merely just a collection of useful runes that you I believe are fantastic at the moment.

Feel free to post runes you discover are great as well!

-Elsari Magelord - only 68 nora now and pain curse is still as brutal as it was before. Mix with Elsari Coven ability champs for dmg overload.

-Boneguard Infantry - he is taking the place of Decayed Mercenary. Merc lost Riposte and Sunder, and is not just a lesser version of Infantry for the same nora.

-Utterdark Voidhowler - lost bloodless... this is a huge deal...

-Afflicted Corpse - with all the spd nerfing going around, this guy is look really good.

-Skeezick Boneblade - in my opinion, this guy is auto in every skele bg from here on until he is nerfed or changed.

-Cackling Witch - solid dmg, hp, deafening aura, and elsari coven with range 1-3 all for the low price of 76 nora. Yes please.

-Elsari Siren - this is another champ that is great post-revamp. 1-3 range atk sonic 36 hp (w/e still tough to one round), bodyjumper, and death nova sonic... this are all great things. Bodyjumper has halted an enemy advancement many a time.

-Inkblight Witch - I believe this is one of the more underrated runes post-revamp. People said she got nerfed hard, but please... She is a staple in my witch bg (which is what I use competitively).

-Rip Witch - she's a monster. That is all.

-Elsari Swordmage - this is by far my favorite champ post-revamp. Just all around amazing. I have both of mine at 78 nora and they hit like freight trains and take a beating.

-Tomb Lord - getting drive is an incredibly useful tool. Now all those annoying little Protectorate players can get a taste of their own medicine...

-Tormented Priest - pretty awesome. That is all.

-Anthropomancer - Divine Favor 3 is incredibly useful. Also has 10 dmg and is in the mid to high 60 nora price range. Not a bad bargain at all.

-Dusk Creeper - like DrNiles said... race:undead back... pretty useful wouldn't ya say?

This is all I can think of off the top of my head. Anymore?
    *I'll add to the OP*

Last edited: Jun 30, 2014
    RedScarlet likes this.
  2. DrNiles

DrNiles Member

Dusk Creeper got Race: Undead back.

Just throwing that out there.

Joker likes this.
  3. Joker

Joker I need me some PIE!

^Welcome change!!

Corruptor - pretty runnable still.

Polluted Martyr - still doing wonders in death benefit and is not oevrpriced (if you consider soulsift...)

Anthropomancer - He has global healing, and only 68 nora, and can give you some extra scries.

Tormented Priest - i run him 2x in skeletons.

AVOID: elsari siren - still bullshit lol

serkan - better use xulos.

4. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

Infected Zombie just became useful, with the nerf to ZA. Bye bye zombies, I'll miss you.

5. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

overgrowth and haunt now spawn fully-leveled saplings/spirits. is pretty OP. saplings do 15 damage with boost treefolk and domain vege and banner on em...plus now they get defensive strike upgrade for free!

tireless harvester for only 50 nora is also quite fun with cocoon and harvest, makes for a great treefolk staple now. dryad is also great with surge plant at 2-4 range for only 50 nora. can easily be dealing 20+ damage with boost, banner, and a handful of plants out.

6. BroWatchThis

Yeah KF is back to being op like the "Good ol' Days". Fantastic.

7. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

serkin, xulos, corrupted guardian, ink blight got slammed. Elder blood Bloodbinder is looking really good though, and the rework of greater vampirisum looks interesting and she has a witch option as well. Collection of souls dose not look like the worst champ in the game

8. Hidersine

Hidersine New Member

I quite like the changes to Mute stalker which has preparation and stealth now with options for distract. For 75 that doesn't seem too bad.

9. BroWatchThis

I know you guys think inkblight got slammed, but she really didn't. She is my favorite witch along with rip witch now.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2014
  10. BroWatchThis

Oh, and zombies are far from unplayable. Coragh just needs brain eater back.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2014
  11. mortemdeus

mortemdeus Member

Lich King in a skeleton deck gets beefy fast. He is a fortune but his attack skyrockets in a hurry with graveyards and the number of units with summon skeleton went up nicely too. That and the 6-8 range is not too hard to work with.

12. mahesar

mahesar The King of Potatoes

Bonewing's loss of range still makes me sad :( but a lot of the formerly shoeboxed skellies are still cheap and good for the cost. Zombies aren't too bad, though the loss of High Warlock for range is sad. We just have to get used to the new way the mechanic works. You don't have to have 5 of the ZA units out, the ZA units just need 4 other zombies to proc. It makes us protect them as key units, behind the meat walls they create and use them for the final hits. A little slower, but not an impossible play style.

Also.. Lost Queen is a little buncket of awesomsauce.

13. Hidersine

Hidersine New Member

Deathcasters are pretty good now, they've had a major cost reduction and have the option of either a bigger one (shortlived 2) or a price hike to get lvl 2 soulsift (which makes their after death cost ~54), now come with disease eater and disease death nova 3. Not to bad for range 3-5 9 damage caster with 54 hp and death pact.

14. Nite2kill

Nite2kill I need me some PIE!

LQ is nice, have to put a DMZ around her, as well as cocoon has a cool down of 3 so ability wears off on opponents turn - so its useless

15. mahesar

mahesar The King of Potatoes

Regal Presence is great though.

You can still damage cocooned champs with LoL damage, so you can actually use it to stall an enemy champ for a turn then kill them, not just to buff/protect your guys. It's cleanseable unless they changed that without putting it in the notes. You can actually cocoon then immediately cleanse it and keep the buffs if you have the spot cleanse. Not always viable but can be useful at times.

Nite2kill likes this.
  16. Demthedark

Demthedark The King of Potatoes

Shadowshanks. Run them.

17. Tal3234

Tal3234 Devotee of the Blood Owl

Mirefolk Stalker--->61 nora , Dive 3, multiattack 2 , hidden: water, assassinate 1 .... WOW look awesome.. i have 2 of them in my Fs BG :)

..and works, i win 3 games of 3 :D and 1 only exo, Gekkal, all champs commuons and uncommons.. :D

18. BroWatchThis

I was going for FW gems since we're in the FW area of the forums... but ok! Lol

19. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

Sorry, I will never count anything above Rare as being necessary to the game. Or at the very least, nothing that hard to get should be necessary for play. So... From my perspective that doesn't help, sorry. :(

20. Gaverion

Gaverion I need me some PIE!

I am curious to hear what people think of the new EL, Dark Favor 3 with potential to respawn is super powerful but falling to 9 damage makes me wonder if it is worth it.