Revamp of Relics

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NiGhtMaRiK, Jun 7, 2014.

1. NiGhtMaRiK

NiGhtMaRiK I need me some PIE!

Someone made a thread about revamping spell control. I thought id repost this from the other forums mainly so i could link it to his thread but also if any cares to comment on any of the proposals i made and find any of them worth asking for. Some things have changed since i posted it last so forgive me if everything isn't up to date and bring it to my attention and i'll correct it.

Edit* Ive been made aware that generators (except Germ Engine) are no longer font powered. I will leave the ideas i had up only for the second effect incase any1 thinks they may be worth implementing. Thanks Frznwastes for the update

Relic Reworks For Those I Believe Could Use a Little Push. Mostly Additions to Current text with a little tweaking. I Didnt Touch Nora Gems, not knowing what flavor to go with and the fact that 2 are ran regularly. I may try them later.

Acid Trap: For All Traps I Propose 15 nora refund and 2 turn CD on activation. Rewards for the trap going off but if revealed and destroyed gives no benefit

Ark of Elsari: +5hp, 1def, Magic Acolyte, Relocate Self Cost to:45-50 nora

Clutch of Vindrax: +1hp per turn heal, +1 Def, Hatchling is Spawned not summoned

Counter Balance: Nora Miner 1, Scry 1(2)

Cursed Epitaph: Cost to 40. HP +10 Def +2, Defiling Aura, Enemies within 3 spaces become cursed 2 on deploy and at end of your turns, when an enemy recovers a nora globe they become soultapped (Full rework, loses its current text)

Cursed Temple: Friendly Spirits Have +5hp, or Pain Curse. Cost: +5 to 10nora

Dragon Artificer Portal: Cost Reduced by 2 for every friendly dragon in play to max of 10

Dreambox: Cost: -10 nora

Elven Statue: Magic Acolyte

Elven Trading Post: Defense Buff Stacks, 2nd ability, 5 nora cost, CD:2

Ethereal Pool: Whenever an Enemy Champion is Deployed This Relic Loses 5hp and the Shrine/Avatar of that enemy champion Loses 8hp. Healing Defiency, 20 hp

Failed Amplifier: Council Spells, Favor, Cost: +5 to 10 Nora

Flood Generator: Can Now be Powered In Shrine Deployment zones. OR Cost: - 15 and -9hp, Grant : Dive CD:3

Ghern ScareCrow: Cost increase to 30 or 35. Cost reduced by 5 for every Moga in Play, to max of 10. +1 def +5 hp, Boost: Moga 2

Germination Engine: Can Now be Powered In Shrine Deployment zones. OR Cost reduced by 5 for every tree/plant in play to a max of 15. Grant: Tunnel vegetation CD:3

Glacier Engine: Can Now be Powered In Shrine Deployment zones. OR Cost: -15 nora, -9hp, Grant: Tunnel:Ice CD:3

Globe of Deception: Cost: 45 Cost Reduced by 5 For Every Friendly Champion with Bleed You Control to a Max of 20. BloodBank: Deploy a 15 nora blood ball on Target Space Within 8 spaces of this unit CD:2 , Trickster

Greenhouse: +2defense, Race Plant

Griefbearers fountain: Cost: -5 nora

Grimlics Eye: Sever Summons, +5 Hp, Scry 2

Grimlics Portal: Plus 5 hp, +2def, Relocate Self

Halbred of Jthir: +2 def, Grant: Declare Target (starts on CD)

Ice Statue: Cost Reduced by 5 for Every Friendly Ferren in Play to max of 10. Train: Savage Exploit Nora: 5 CD: 4, Evasive 2, +2 def, Nora Cost to 35

Ice Fisher Hamlet: Dmg Stacks from 2nd ability and CD: to 4

Lotus Altar: Relocate Self, Cost Reduced by 5 for every friendly boghopper to max of 15, +1 def, +4hp

Mangled Totem: Cost Reduced by 5 For Each friendly Hyaenid to a max of 15. Grant: Relocate Relic CD: 4

Masons Spire: Refunded 5 Nora If You Have a Stitch in Play, Grant: Mason 2 CD:1

Merchants Quarter: Both abilities stack, CD to 5 on both

Mire Fair: 2nd ability Preserved Stacks, CD to 2

Enveloping Mist: Cost Reduced by 3 for every stealth champion you have in play to a max of 15. Def+1 , Grant: Shroud (2 turn duration) Cd: 3

Moga Den: Soothing Aura, 3rd turn moga spawn

Mystic Forge: Axemans Fate Removed From Options, Train: Provision (Lost after activation) Cost : +5

Mystic Whirlpool: Dive 3

Natures Balance: Active: This Unit Loses 5 HP and Immunites are negated for 2rounds. (Starts on CD 1)

Nefari Exchange: 2nd Ability replaced with Precision or Dodge 2

Nefari Torch: " ... and becomes Inhibited 4 and Binded 1" , Train: Overkill (removed after use) Cost: 40 to 45

Nora Mine: Train: Nora Miner 1, Now counts towards excuvator's use mine (starts in building mine)

Nora Pearls: Train: Resonance CD: 8

Nora Well: +9 HP, Cost: -5 , Water Spaces Increase to AoE 3

Permafrost Obelisk: Frost Acolyte, Train: Strength of Body (removed after use)

Prismatic Crystals: Cost Reduced by 5 for each friendly Fairy to a max of 10. +4hp, Fascinate

Rallying Flag: Relocate Self, Secure Font Cost: 40

Rejuvenating Fountain: Cost Reduced by 2 Friendly Aquatic champion to a max of 16. "Haven: This Unit is a Haven, Allies within 4 Spaces Have Relocate:Haven(AP:2 CD:4) This Unit becomes Planar Bound For 1 round after being relocated"

Sacred Temple: Relocate Self, Growth(4)

Sacrificial altar: Relocate Self

Sanctuary of Hope: Aura Range Increased to 6 , "Haven: This Unit is a Haven, Allies within 4 Spaces Have Relocate:Haven(AP:2 CD:4) This Unit becomes Planar Bound For 1 round after being relocated"

Sand Generator: Can Now be Powered In Shrine Deployment zones. OR Cost: -15 nora, -9hp, Grant: Tunnel:Sand CD:3

Skull of Decay: Cost Reduced by 2 for each friendly skeleton you have in play to a max of 10. Dark Healing, Cost to 45

Skull Totem: Thinking of adding Creativity, Death Harvest

Skywing Beacon: Cost Reduced by 4 for each friendly Skywing you have in play to a max of 20.

Snowcat Burrow: Cost Reduced by 5 for each friendly Lonx in play to a max of 10. Lonx and Snowcats in 3 spaces of this unit have 1 rank of Pounce and Retreat

Soul Sphere: Cost to 30. OR. (Full Rework) Def 2, Hp +5, Nexus Aura, Trickster, Shadowspawn

Supression Crystal: Cost to 65: +10 hp, Cast:Supress. OR +5 Nora Cost, +5hp, Shadowspawn, Trickster, Divert

Tainted Statue: Cost +5 , Cast: Taint ( Removed after Use) , *Blood for Nora??

Target Dummy: Dont think it needs buff, id suggest weaken spells if anything

Temple of Brutality: Hate this rune explicitly. Changes the game too much. If Anything should be a Active ability that makes the relic lose 5hp and lasts for 2 rounds, starting at the beginning of your opponents. CD: 4 (((OR))) AoE 6 Aura, Champions Gain Defenseless, no delay on effect

Terrain Stabilizer: Font Powered OR "... and this unit loses 5hp"

Tortun Land Mine: This Unit Cools Down By 1 Whenever you deploy a Tortun Rune

Totem of the Muses: Loses Font Powered, gains Motivate, Cost:+5 nora

Tribal Hut: Cost: +10 Nora, Cost Reduced by 5 for every friendly Cyclops you have in play to a max of 15, Boost: Cyclops 2

Unassuming Tree: Cost Reduced by 5 for every friendly Garu in play to a max of 10. +5 hp

Voil Caverns: "Haven: This Unit is a Haven, Allies within 4 Spaces Have Relocate:Haven(AP:2 CD:4) This Unit becomes Planar Bound For 1 round after being relocated" //// Or simply just Relocate Self instead

Voil King Crypt: Relocate Self

Wind Generator: Relocate Self, Grant: Zephyr Sheild CD: 3

Wooden Scales: Boost: Treefolk/Plant 2, Train: Enhance Armor CD: 6

Woodland Portal: "Haven: This Unit is a Haven, Allies within 4 Spaces Have Relocate:Haven(AP:2 CD:4) This Unit becomes Planar Bound For 1 round after being relocated" //// Or simply just Relocate Self instead

Last edited: Jun 9, 2014
  2. FrznWastes

FrznWastes Member

some of these look like good changes however a few things seem a little powerful such ethereal pool in longer games you could just turtle and spam them to wipe opponents shrine

also terrain generators are no longer font powered if im not mistaken so can be placed in the shrine deployment and still work anyway

3. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I skimmed these ideas and read the KF ones. I didn't hate any of them. It looks like you put some thought into these.

4. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

You are correct, at least as far as sand generator goes. I've dropped it on the FS map island in single player and it eventually covers the whole map.

5. NiGhtMaRiK

NiGhtMaRiK I need me some PIE!

Frzn Wastes i have made a note on those generators. Thanks
    As far as Ethereal Pool goes, imo, it is complete trash. Shrine destruction was a small playstyle i played when i first started so i strive to reinvent those BG's when i want the headache lol.

Ethereal Pool as it is now does these things:

Forces you to not play champs, or only summon champs
    Forces you to deploy when your opponent is low on nora
    Loses you field and font presence
    Damages your own shrine

You get about 4 uses out of Etheral pool. If thats all opponents champs thats 12 shrine dmg. That can be in 3 turns translated into roughly 30-48 shrine damage. However you are at a severe disadvantage since you had to not deploy champs to afford this dmg.

If 2 of those champs were you own that means you and ur opponent roughly take about 18 dmg a peice.

Critical flaw beyond that indiscriminatory nature of the rune is that your opponent can dictate its damage. For instance if you put it out after you have 2-3 champs out. Your opponent deploys 2 champs following turn. Thats 6 damge they take on deploy, 6 more on their turn. Now they can play another champ or take another 6. At this point theyve taken 18 dmg if they didnt deploy and you probably need to deploy another champ. If you take that hit your shrine loses 3. Your opponent takes another 6 then deploys a champ and takes another 3 and your relic is destroyed. For 40 nora you did 21 dmg to your opponents shrine and 3 to your own. Which may sound good but you paid more in the fact that your opponent has more champs than you and most likely better position and now you are fighting a stronger force with less champs and 40 nora down from a backended investment that was a detriment to your current situation.

If coupled with shrine rush. Doesnt work since you dont have enough champs to threaten the shrine.
    If coupled with other shrine damaging components, puts you further behind since you're also investing nora on opponent controlled shrine damage like helm, spell trap, torch. Overkill and Raze help but arent widespread enough and also are counterproductive to the use of the rune requiring deploys themselves.
    If coupled with cheap champs and swarm your opponent still dictates the damage over time and 8 turns to wait to redeploy to do another 21 possible damage to an avatar thats going to transfigure when its under 20 doesn't really help although this is probably your best bet to use the rune. It really challenges the owner of the rune more than the opponent in my opinion.

It may seem that in long matches what i propose may be too much but it still offers that 4 deploy limit. Thats 32 damage to the shrine and only procs off your opponents runes so you arent receiving any backlash. It can be mason'd but it has healing deficiency to reduce its longevity. Every other turn you're only offering 8 extra damage. Thats a nora investment to keep that up aswell taking away from the fight over fonts and towards the enemy shrine. There are also counters in place in the game to take account for. When pool was first released Mason was ran more often so it made the pool damage trivial even more so. Also powersource, eruption, wail, and other relic counters were played. At 20hp the proposed change also allows it to be used to contest without feeling like you're losing too much.

Sorry for the essay, i just REALLY hate ethereal pool and i really wanted it to be useful, im disappointed that its not.
    That said, i'll make a new deck now and try to use it again!