Revamp Spell Control

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Javier Romero, Jun 7, 2014.

1. Javier Romero

Javier Romero The King of Potatoes

Here are some spell counter relic that can use some rework just to add some creativity to this game

Wooden scale: when a player cast a spell it champs get -1 def and the opponent champs get +1 def permanent -rune cost 25

Failed amplifier
    : player that cast spell successfully can't cast more spell in that turn if there is another amplified it can't cast another spell until the end of its 2 turn - rune cost 25

Ark of the elsari: Each time your opponent cast a spell shrine deploy zone increase by 1 space (having 2 will increase by 2) and each time the owner of this rune cast a spell this rune dead magic zone decrease by 1- rune cost 25

Nora pearls:When a player cast a spell the owner of the spell get a random rune +3 cd (having 2 out it increase +6 cd) (jellebrium synergy)

Nefari Torch : increase dmg to 15 to shrine ( having 2 out it get 30 dmg)-rune cost 30

Skull totem : When a player cast a spell the opponent champs get +2 dmg(when they are 2 you get +4 dmg) - rune cost 30

2. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

failed amp is OP.

3. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

They all are kinda OP. A BG with no spells and only utility relics would be nuts

4. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Most of these changes would be beyond broken, and I don't really even like the Nora Pearls change, since I rather like it the way it is.

5. Javier Romero

is only one turn with no spell . stoping spell spam is not all that!!!!
    running one with no spell and is not even balance spell are way more use that relic
    still wondering the changes; one of the questions is you are using it right now the way it is?

6. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I'm not using it in ranked, but it's the cornerstone of about a third of my Single-Player trick decks.

7. Grillado

Grillado I need me some PIE!

Heyho

As Spell-Control I would really like to see spells like backfire boon for every faction that counter spells and when they are triggered they do certain faction specific things like:
    FS: create a Flood on target - when no target at closest enemy
    KF: all allies heal 8
    ST: all enemies in 2 Spaces around allies take 6 Frost dmg
    IS: all spaces allies are on become rock and all allies gain domain Rock for 4 Turns
    SP: Spawn a moga/hyanid/cyclops depending on the race most controlled by allies at shrine
    SL: Next 4 Turns amplify acid +20%
    UD: Demons become evasive1 for 4 Turns
    FW: all allies gain trail:dead magic zone for 2 Turns

or other things that are a bit faction specific

other idea would be that they are no spells but relics and are destroyed when an enemy plays a spell ;)

Just an idea :)

8. Xiape

Xiape I need me some PIE!

Spell seal relics are problematic because spells are a significant part of a battlegroup, and thus would be fairly restrictive if they had a stronger effect.

The original post doesn't specify they need to be improved either.

9. Grillado

Grillado I need me some PIE!

Therefore the relic is destroyed once it countered a spell. If it is stealthed noone will know if it has been placed.

10. Javier Romero

actually non of the relic have a strong or a op effect and since is both ways it balance it self out .

yes if i can actually have them out or lucky enough to get them reveal soon enough is still luck and even if you reveal them in time the one in control of the relic can't be so easy to use spell
    i do use my on rank still is not that op or game brake as every one suggest , and if you play with one you notice who fun it is , isn't this game all about having fun ?

btw this is the bg i use
    http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/C2=CoxC1-CjbC8bcfxCw1c3FCklR2oR3nr2YR r1GrUr25RfEu
    anyone thing it is op even with the chnage i suggest

Last edited: Jun 7, 2014
  11. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Blah Blah Blah. Let tainted statue stack!

12. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

I think every one of the spell blocks should be allowed to be at least as viable as tainted statue.

PurpleTop, Faust and Kampel like this.
  13. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Tainted statue is as balanced as planet earth. If it were a bit closer to the sun the oceans would dry out, if it were farther the oceans would freeze.. You cant balance the other 7 spell seals as perfect as this one

14. NiGhtMaRiK

NiGhtMaRiK I need me some PIE!

Javier Romero likes this.
  15. Poxbrothers

Poxbrothers Devotee of the Blood Owl

Some factions/BGs need their spells to actually be competitive, the best example being KF.
    If it get's to hard to cast your spells you're basically nerfing all the factions and BGs that simply cannot survive without their spell support.

Sincerely,

Josh753

16. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Same with FS ... how am I supposed to kill stuff without my spells? FS has no champs that throw nuclear weapons.

17. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

people, for the love of good don't cry, or you autosurrender when you see a tainted statue?

Grillado likes this.
  18. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Heaven forbid if anyone should ever actually adapt how they play depending on what their opponent is running.

I fail to see how offering worthwhile anti spell for all factions is a bad thing. If anything it would open up more bgs and allow for a bit more variety if every single bg doesn't have to run X spells to be viable.

Also, SL has two of the strongest spells in pox in DB and Quickening, and yet folks have had great success running tainted statue decks and not using those spells. So any claims that "oh my faction is so bad if I can't use this spell and that spell and the other spell" screams of lazy deck building and an unwillingness or inability to adapt.

PhdNiceGuy and SPiEkY like this.
  19. Hekatian

Hekatian The King of Potatoes

Did I just Firking read this right.........

20. Poxbrothers

Poxbrothers Devotee of the Blood Owl

Yes, SL for example only has to cast their power turn spells once, perhaps twice a game. While KF/FS/Other spell BGs have to constantly cast spells to keep their "tricks" up, meaning you as SL will get punished once or twice in a game (which is do-able, if you use it), but factions like KF will be constantly punished (which you can't keep up, which means in comperative power this nerfs small nora cost spells way heavier than the big powerturn ones).

I don't mind things like Snowblind as you can play around that, expect that. But BAM this relic in the back font the entire game and with the ideas proposed in the original post, I can say gg from the moment I face some of those.

Short said: I don't like permanent global counters vs spells (or anything else for that matter), I like ones you have to strategically use (drop a relic in your back font and profit the entire game from it, is pretty lame in my opinion).

Sincerely,

Josh753

Last edited: Jun 9, 2014