Revamp Update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Gedden, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Engleberry

Engleberry The King of Potatoes

Guys, I've been running a construct bg for a while now, and I'm pretty happy with what the revamps done for it. But a couple of problems.

1. The Complex Machine ability doesn't seem to be working for any of my champions with the ability.
    2. Turret Team just spawns a single Weaponsmith on death. No Dwarven Handler.
    3. Channel Damage on my Silverclan Protector randomly stops working.

Would be glad to see it get addressed. Thanks again, guys!

2. TheMr.Toast

TheMr.Toast The King of Potatoes

GEDDEN is devotee to delim being fixed? The damage increase doesnt happen :( Love DoG and what you've done with the game though keep it up :)

3. avichaif

avichaif Devotee of the Blood Owl

i check and didn't see anyone say it before
    Stitched Librarian have Recycle and have Shatter as a upgrade I think he need to get back his Detection istade of Shatter
    thx

4. vipoid

vipoid I need me some PIE!

At the very least, it feels a bit pointless for him to have Shatter as an upgrade path, when he has Recycle base.

If he must have both (which seems unnecessary anyway), perhaps they should share an upgrade path.

5. ofsleep

ofsleep The King of Potatoes

I'm sorry...I'm not sure where I was supposed to post this...
    Thought I'd give Jangar Architect a test...WOW! Combine Reclaim and Loyalty and suddenly his stats are through the roof!! EDIT: I should mention he has Soul of Ailur.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

I really miss him having Shatter and that ability that damaged relics. That might have been too much on him before, but I argue that he is more powerful now. I'm wondering, could he lose Reclaim and Loyalty and get the relic-damaging ability back?

Oh, and because I don't think I've said it yet, you guys rock! Awesome job on the revamp (tho difficult to cope with at first, lol). I'm thankful that you guys care as much as you do and are working hard to breathe life back into this game!

Side question: how do you pronounce Ailur, anyway? Ail-lure?

6. BroWatchThis

BroWatchThis Devotee of the Blood Owl

So just an honest question... but are you guys serious about IS beasts? I'm just wondering how much IS really needs boost XD

7. BroWatchThis

And for the love of God, drop guard tower to 25 hp at the most... it has 1 defense XD

8. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

Why so much hate?

9. BroWatchThis

Sorry, I know that relics and spells haven't been looked at really yet, but a 28hp relic in a low dmg pox is just unbalanced in pox's current state.

The boost champs? Way too much dmg when IS already has very good champions that are race: beast as well, so boost beast: 3 in IS (who doesn't need boost let alone boost 3) is just over the top and unbalanced. If anything, make it boost: 1 or 2 with other abilities as options in the upgrade path, or compensate the way Skeletons are compensated for their boost: lower dmg overall... and I mean lower lower.

10. JaceDragon

Whay i think after i read this post? I thin that you lost agaist a beast bg, an IS one, and that he played guard tower. You should look at KF which 1/2 champ has boost beast. And KF have a tons of good beast runes, so KF shouldn't deserve the boost...I cannot help you because i don't know your bg, neither the one of your opponent, but maybe there is something wrong there.

11. BroWatchThis

What bg I use does NOT matter when talking about whether something is OP or not. Yes, I believe the vast majority of "boost" abilities are just unnecessary. KF is one of those factions that does not need boost at all. IS doesn't either. IS already has a deep selection of very efficient runes. Adding boost to the mix just makes things worse.

12. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Wasn't Houndmaster the first champ to have boost beast?

13. JaceDragon

Absolutly not,.the first was skeezick herder i guess.

14. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Pretty sure the first was Bunny Lord.

15. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Lol hound just got boost right before Alpha left.

16. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

idk where to post this...... so until i find a place I'll just say it here.

Cave dragon was previously one of my favorite cheap-meat situational defensive mele hate runes. Resist magic, damage shield and 2x2 sub-60 nora and precision made for some good utility. Gore was also a unique ability on him, and if I am not mistaken he was the first champ to have it.

When the revamp hit, his cost was increased significantly, which I could handle. But with the first upgrade path, it totally changed his role. Petrifying gaze, fear and hinder are all abilities that go on a harassing unit, not a meat shield. I would like to see one of those replaced with damage shield, that way he can work as either a defensive harasser or a mele hate meat rune. I would also like to see gore put back on him in some way, because I do feel that this was a defining ability on him. Any other thoughts on this?

17. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

is this the complaint thread?

18. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

It's the "please respond to the revamp" thread. Generally though people will only bring attention to things that they think are bad, so...

19. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

I wouldn't say I was complaining or saying anything was bad.... I was just making a suggestion to put the cave dragon back in its orignal role.

20. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

Ward of Ailur:

Flavor Text: "The Wards do not belong to a formal warrior caste, but are trained with the same intensity. Wards protect Ailur from behind its walls, using their knowledge of the city to their advantage."

They currently have Multiattack (1), Sunder and Soul of Ailur on base. Upgrade 1 path: Defensive Attack 1, 2 & 3. Upgrade 2 path: Equalize, Motivate, Immunity: Psychic.

Prior to the revamp they had Defender 3 as an upgrade along with Stun, Evasive and Imprenetrable and on base he had Equalize, Motivate, Immunity: Psychic, Sunder and Soul of Ailur.

I think Defender 3 was the key ability on this guy and ties into the flavor text "Wards protect Ailur from behind its walls..." You can also argue that Stun partially accomplished that as well.

I would like to suggest replacing the Upgrade 1 path of Defensive Attack 1, 2 & 3 to Defender 1, 2 & 3. This way he can sit back a little and help protect Ailur from behind, instead of only protecting himself. He doesn't sound like a greedy cat to me.