Revamp Update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Gedden, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Describes 90% of forums

2. ToxicSwamp

ToxicSwamp The King of Potatoes

Great job with the revamp! Keep it up! :D

EDIT: Can Tide Master get High Tide back please?

3. Nemorga

Nemorga I need me some PIE!

All of them are! Join the party!!

4. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

I always felt it would be good to include more Necromancers with Zombies. Maybe have the Necromancers have Devour type things, or more Throw Bones type stuff. That way, you can use up extra corpses, while keeping the theme's viability. Plus it would look cool imo. :D (Screw 28 Days Later and World War Z, I want Necromancers!)

5. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

Bola attack is not applying ensnared to flying units.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
    PurpleTop likes this.
  6. jenovah2

jenovah2 The King of Potatoes

I am looking forward to the ability to use the ridiculously high nora costed runes again and hoping that the "easy" fix will be soon. As necessary as the changes have been, i am seeing a vacuous disparity in costs that hinders the functionality of varied themes and invites circus play again.

7. exiledtyrant

exiledtyrant Active Member

That would be a neat idea that could add a lot more synergy between humans and undead. Mechanics like throw bones are a great way to pull humans and undead together if there was more to the system. Even something as simple as allowing a group of festering to become a corpse golem after so many have been amassed would be nice. I like summons that are worth more than taking a pawn hit and humans should be more than just being a necromancer/witch somewhere over in a corner doing there own thing.

SireofSuns likes this.
  8. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

Yes, those are all good ideas. See, why can't we have things like that?
    Oh well. I do love the idea of making a Corpse Golem out of several Zombies. Hmm, perhaps it would be a spell, something like this... I'm going to go make a new rune idea. :D

9. st3ck

st3ck I need me some PIE!

So, After looking at some of the new costs, I'm really excited, but I don't know how healthy all the new prices will be for all the runes.

So I'm certain there is some level of "cost modifier" built into the system somewhere (whether negative abilities, gimping certain stats etc). What about a cost modifier for total number of abilities on a champ.

So for instance, if a champ has only one ability, it gets an X amount of nora discount for only one ability.

With two abilities, you only get Y amount of a discount.

With three abilities, its face value of abilities, no modifier.

Four, adds on a cost modifier, so that all abilities cost more. This way, there is a foundation laid for certain combo's of abilities.

Dynamic Costing would be the ultimate goal (so you dont wind up with immune magic and ghost, for instance), But I feel this might be an easier approach to the dynamic pricing issue of x and y abilities interacting. With over 1600 abilities currently on champs, it could be quite difficult to accurately dynamically price them all without some level of built in generic modifier.

A next step after that would be to group the abilities into subsets, so that if you wind up with so many of a certain subset, it would auto trigger certain costs, or cost decreases. Having multiple resistances would/should cost more than singular resistances.

Say Evasive:3 is 5 nora, Resist:physical 3 is 5 nora, and magic Resist 3 is 5 nora. Should a champ that has all 3 really pay face value for them?

Just some thinking out loud as I deploy massive game swinging champs for 30 nora less than they were yesterday, and tank up fonts with 60 nora stone fortresses.

10. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Note: The new costs reflects a cost adjustment for BASE STATS, and has nothing to do with abilities.

11. st3ck

st3ck I need me some PIE!

Yes, I suppose it is somewhat out of place in this thread.

Presently, I think the new costing algorithm is pretty awesome for very high HP champs, and not as awesome for 0 damage champs. I think it's an interesting power shift and as abilities are addressed in the future, we will probably have a better grasp of the base stat costs. As is present, the new algorithm is fantastic in my present deck building. The biggest things I noticed however, were the high HP champs getting brought down significantly(ghostbear84), and alot of 0 damage champs get price hikes (5spd mindshredder now at 73n optimal build).

I don't have any problem with having high hp champs more playable, but now that this is the foundation(maaaayyybbeee tweak it slightly), lets get on to abilities! ;)

12. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

Speaking of 0 damage champs I'm curious with how soulstrike's cost compares to a damage rating of say the damage dealt to a champ with an average max hp (taking into account LoL somehow maybe?).

13. kasiski

kasiski New Member

It seems weird to me that more expensive themes like Draksar got hit hard enough to the point they aren't really a theme anymore while the cheaper ones like Skeex and 'nids came through relatively unscathed. The revamp seemed to steal a lot of iconic abilities from a lot of champs that made them and their themes worth running over cheap dude spam.

SireofSuns likes this.
  14. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

I'm starting to worry that they might be listening to the wrong people. Instead of making this a fun strategy game with themed armies it looks like theyre trying to recapture the old card flip tcg feel where decks with synergy are 'found'. good luck with that.

15. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

They are NOT listening to you or me. Is that what you meant? ;) (I might not be teasing with that question).

16. Savain

Savain Member

You just dont learn do you dog......seriously why the hell are you releasing more runes when the current ones are not balanced, wasnt the whole point of the revamp to balance the game? it didnt work as intended and now your going to add more runes to make it even harder to balance it properly, this is what soe did and look what a farce that was, its the main reason why the game is so messed up, balance the game first before adding new content, its not rocket science.....i know your eagerly to line your pockets but quite frankly if you dont sort it out you wont have any players to buy from you except the high ranks who dont care.

17. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

[​IMG]

Savain and Pipster like this.
  18. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

I understand where the Owls are coming from. They made an investment by acquiring this game. If they did not do that then we wouldn't be having these conversations as SOE would have pulled the plug. They are only going to release 8 champions until the Ronin expansion:

The Ronin Expansion is still a ways off, but we are working on a few new runes that will be released in the near future to tide all of you over until we can do a full expansion. Each faction will get a new champion, so that makes a total of eight (8) new champions that will be added.

They need to have some revenue as they are working hard on this game for free at the present time, unless their sales of existing runes are adequate.

jenovah2 likes this.
  19. Savain

Savain Member

heh kind of funny, however my post wasnt written very well :p

DarkJello likes this.
  20. Savain

Savain Member

@Gaedel

Revenue is fine, it may be just 8 runes but even 1 rune could cause balancing issues so soon after redoing 1300+ there needs to be a calm before they start adding more to make sure balnace has been achieved personally I dont think it has.