Reward the money spenders!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by decondor, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Legato

Legato I need me some PIE!

Ditto. I want more 'exclusive' skins, taunts/jokes. I'm actually pretty big on the cosmetic stuff.

Also, ditto on the 'exercise to support it comment. Give me more things to spend money on, I made a thread a loong time ago and found out people like the idea of custom avatars(some guy mentioned it above), something.

This is my favorite game but simultaneously the only thing that makes me think "Well...I don't need anything here."

Introduce purchasable joke/taunt abilities, I'd pay to give them individually on my favorite runes.
    Rune-renaming.
    Alternative art, just changing the hue can work (but don't overdo this).

Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
  2. iodomy

iodomy Member

I think all they need to do to reward people who spend money on this game is make it a less terrible idea. You'd have to be a complete idiot to give DoG money right now; third party shops are a vastly better deal if you want anything old. Just like it was with SoE at any point other than right at a new expansion release. It's always been an insane system and I have no idea why the people who run this game hate receiving money so much. I guess they imagine it mollifies all three of the lunatic collectors and that this is somehow an important thing to do.

3. Tricky1

Tricky1 I need me some PIE!

If you think we speak of shenanigans (although I do) Just look towards league of legends profit system( not sure if they make money but they sure act like they're swimming in gold coins). They seem to focus on the re skin factors and such as stated before in the thread.

4. Zenity

Zenity Devotee of the Blood Owl

Of course LoL is making tons of money. Then again that might also have something to do with it being the most popular online game.

5. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

League of Legends is basically the outlier of outliers.

In actuality, they make an embarrassing little amount on a per user basis, but make up for it with a huge playerbase.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...nks-leads-the-way-in-average-revenue-per-user

Even the failure Heroes of Newerth makes more money per user than LoL.

But they have decided that the player experience comes first, and the fact that they have been successful means a great deal to players who laud their success. Unfortunately, we have seen with World of Warcraft what happens when one game becomes so massively successful...

6. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

To comment on this notion:

At the moment adding new features would take development time away from the Revamp and any potential expansions. We aren't opposed to adding interesting features to the game, but there is a thin line that needs to be straddled between the F2P and Paid content. We want Pox to be inclusive not exclusive.

7. Pathfnder

Pathfnder Devotee of the Blood Owl

Allow people who pay for packs to custom name their runes. Rename tokens can be used to do this. Rename tokens could only be aquired by buying packs or boxes. For example, buying a pack could come with one rename token, and box could come with twelve or something.

This would add a simple cosmetic way to reward payers without effecting gameplay.

8. Legato

Legato I need me some PIE!

I completely understand the focus is on a new expansion, it is needed.
    The code for the taunts, jokes, etc exists I just think it'd be a good idea to have a way to pay to add a 'joke' to a rune. 1-3$ per rune, purely cosmetic/fun stuff.

I could see myself making a thread just catalogging possiblye joke/references that could be made available per champion rune.

Alot of the suggestions, at least from my end, are made acknowledging your current position; they are things I simply want you guys to have in mind should you decide to do something along the same lines.

9. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

If it wasnt for poxbox and pox brothers I definitely wouldn't still be playing this game. Love you guys websites. Thanks for helping us all get the runes we need to have fun with!

10. decondor

decondor I need me some PIE!

Good to hear from a dev on the matter. Ofcourse everyone understands the focus is on the revamp, I wouldn't want any different at the moment but I do hope you will do something with this. In the end it is about earning money so you can develop and I just think you miss out on a lot by not making it extra interesting to keep on spending money.

Also, what I propose is not making the game exclusive, having VIP level with easier access to runes will make those runes also more available for f2p players. People can still get all runes(CUREL) but people who pay get more choice and higher chances. Seems fair.

You also have data on what is popular and played by good players and paying players, making a Limited Edition version of a popular rune(don't make new ones!) every, lets say, 2-3 weeks that will be given for 'free' when buying for 20 USD Owl Points and a LE version with a Taunt for 50USD (and yes do smart tactics like place them exactly 2-3 weeks before an expansion so it gives enough time for them to spend the owl points), I see HUGE potentional in extra earnings for DoG. I just wish for you guys to grow, not to just survive with pox.

11. Silveraine

Silveraine I need me some PIE!

Hire this man! I mean it. :)

12. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- More users also opens up revenue from other sources that is not realistically available from a "less" popular game.