Reward the money spenders!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by decondor, Apr 21, 2014.

1. decondor

decondor I need me some PIE!

I know in free 2 play gamespace it is often wrong to have an opinion for rewarding paying players because it would unbalance the game BUT but but, I think poxnora really does not do enough for the paying players other than 'having more runes'. Many games have options to spend about 10.000 dollar on something, I mean it is ridiculous that someone would spend it but there are enough rich people who actually pay it or even as much as 1.000 just to get that exclusive rune/item. I have seen it happen, often. Of course this extreme expensive stuff generally gives a crazy advantage and that is something we(I) don't want, but big spenders are the engine behind every free to play game and now there is just no real reward.

• Introduce VIP levels on something like 1-10, 1 buy for 20 dollar and 10 total spend of 10.000 dollar
    • Let VIP levels introduce certain benefits
      • Extra gold per game(x%)
      • More '1st win' times (so extra gold)
      • Allow VIP 1 or 2 already to buy faction specific packs(with either gold or owl coins)
      • Allow higher level VIP's to buy legendary packs
      • Make packs with a 20% chance on exotic
      • Give them the choice to show VIP level in their name
      • Come up with more stuff cool VIP stuff
    • Have exclusive timed offers that give cool reskins of already good and existing runes, like buy now for 20$ Owl Points and get a Royal Condor Fury. And don't let this same offer appear more than once in half a year.
    • Make more of these cool exclusive reskins

How would this help the game? Well spenders is what make this game run, if big spenders get the opportunity to get legendaries faster it will benefit the availability for free 2 play players. There should always be 'the next cool thing to buy'. It is really possible to get people to spend more without unbalancing the game but it is now so damn unattractive to spend money.

Wondering what others think of it.

2. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

I don't really spend on this game even tho have cash, simply cuz i have all the runes ill ever need....... stuff like this could get me spending tho :)

3. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

I couldn't agree more, I used to be a whale but lately haven't spent much on pox because there isn't much reason to, if there was a Vip that granted extra gold, extra exo/leg chance on packs i'm pretty sure i'd buy it.

There are a lot of ways Pox could make more money, such as map packs and such.

Ian Addison likes this.
  4. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

More alternate art/sprite runes would be nice :)

TeaNinja likes this.
  5. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

I know it's very unpopular opinion, but I'm pretty sure that if all runes were completely free but there was direct power on sale, it would be better for everyone.

6. Faust

Faust Devotee of the Blood Owl

this

7. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Are you insane

Because thats totally insane.

8. Poxbrothers

Poxbrothers Devotee of the Blood Owl

Not a big fan of the system, as let's say I just want the bonus of VIP lvl 3 and 6. I would have to buy my way up through 1, 2, 4 and 5, in which case I'd decide it's not worth it anymore (meaning no money from me).

I rather keep it the way it currently is; basically selling this kind of stuff on a separate basis.
    Sell gold bonus thingies.
    Sell reskins.
    Sell nametokens.
    Sell taunts.
    That way I can choose on what to spend my money.

Improving the rate on which you can LEGs, Exotics would lower sales in my opinion, as you would more easily get what you need, even if the VIP is relatively expensive.

I don't think current LE's should be sold again, not even to VIPs (reselling Royal Condor Fury), it would be better if it was a new LE rune in my opinion.
    I'm a total fan of exclusive reskins, but not limited to the VIP audience. Sell those reskins for a limited time/limited amount, but sell them to everyone, broadening your market.

Sincerely,

Josh753

9. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

what you are asking for is more whale bait. But do you not think a sea of f2p'ers to feed off of as pretty good whale bait? They need to bring in more f2p'ers by improving the exchange rate in the shard store and increasing the gold accrual rate. It's not like we don't know what happens when the playerbase drops too low.

10. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Giving whales rewards that mean they'll spend less doesn't seem a good idea, but exclusive reskins and such could work well.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
  11. kat7ra

kat7ra Member

Skins, taunts and all manner of fluff is always a good idea if the devs have the time to do it. Ppl buy it, and it leaves nobody complaining about how it is unfair.

12. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I could even see cash boxes having one of these: an additional guaranteed exotic, a guaranteed legendaries, an increased % for exotics, or an increased % for legendaries. That way the f2p model has the same offerings, but those generating revenue get more out of it. The increased % could even be applied to cash packs.

13. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

As long as all the rewards are merely "cosmetic" and don't affect the power level of one's runes (i.e. turning Pox into a P2W game) I'm fine with this idea.

BansheeX likes this.
  14. allyorbase

allyorbase I need me some PIE!

A vocal section of the community (new, casual, and F2P folks) seems to feel that paying players shouldn't have any in-game "advantages," such as access to Limited runes that are no longer available (although I don't think such runes offer an "advantage" outright, and I also don't think such runes make Pox P2W, at all). I've weighed in on the subject -- having spent a LOT of money on Pox over the years. The way I see it: there must be some clear incentive for spending money in an online game. PoxNora isn't DotA or LoL... it cannot subsist primarily on selling cute skins and certainly not on selling tourney entries, etc., so it has to something that affects game play, e.g. limited-edition, unique runes, etc.; that's just how it goes, unless it becomes a subscription-based game, which would completely up-end everything about the current system and would not solve any problem -- real or perceived.

Right now, PoxNora rides a line between F2P and P2W, and I think the Rune Forge is an amazing step toward keeping it more toward the former -- it's just amazing. As long as steps like these don't hurt paying players, I think they are wonderful. However, I really hope Owl doesn't decide that re-releasing limited or old legendary runes is totally fine as long as paying players get access to special skins. Cosmetic items are nice, and fun, and I really want taunts back, but they are NOT going to incentivize me to spend the kind of money I once did.

tldr: I'd love access to novelties; but cosmetics can't outright replace limited-release runes, economically speaking. People don't spend $100 on custom skins the way they'll spend $100 on angels.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
  15. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Two limitations:

- No LE rereleases, LE is LE

- No power increases, F2P is not P2W

Other than that I'm all for going wild, and if the design is good enough I will end up spending a lot of money on it.

allyorbase likes this.
  16. decondor

decondor I need me some PIE!

What I am actually trying to say is that the developers should put effort in this because it brings in money, with more money they can maybe hire a new developer to do actual stuff etc.

17. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

the F2P model should definitely not be turned into P2W. money already = more power in this game and most others. The guy who buys 3-4 boxes of each new set will always have more runes than the guy that buys 3-4 packs per set instead. The way they will make their profit is by reaching a high density of microtransactions.

Reskins(which they already started doing pretty much on day 1).
    New content(that doesn't suck). ie. runes that are worth using or improve already existing themes.
    Custom nora globe animations...like the custom ward skins in LoL. I would totally pay to have little Kthir icons drop when I kill stuffs.

I feel like getting legendaries should be a tad easier...5% is basically 1 for every 2-3 boxes opened. That seems really low to me. I'm pretty ok with them not being forgeable, I just want to actually be able to crack packs with them. I feel like shelling out $30 for a box should at least net you 1st pack legendary, 2nd pack exo. That will still leave a lot of people opening boxes with exactly 1 leg and 1 exo. MtG is similar in that mythics are in 1/8 packs. Boxes cost $100 but you almost always get at least 4 mythics per box. Pox sets are about 1/3 the size of magic sets though, and there's usually 8 legs per set instead of 12-15 for mtg. So 1 leg per box feels right to me, with the lucky ones getting 2 and having their day made.

18. TinyPickle

TinyPickle The King of Potatoes

How about alternative transfiguring avatar skins?

19. Schmacko

Schmacko I need me some PIE!

So is the VIP level thing a one time buy and you get whatever the perks are 4 life?

I remember the old octopi premium system and it was like spend $10/month and you got 1 free pack, the warbanner, and some little cosmetic thing on your forum pic to show you were premium.

Selling a permanent increase in your gold rate for a one time fee of $10 would probably get a lot of takers. I don't know how good/bad it would be long term though.

20. Zenity

Zenity Devotee of the Blood Owl

More limited custom skins, it's a win/win. Could be handed out to big spenders, subscribers, etc.