Rework of sandbagged runes: Imps

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by Alakhami, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

Altered Lemure 59 nora - Mischief base, +2DMG. He is too cheap and needs to go up in nora. He’s being run in meta decks just for masochism combo.

Imp Trickster 69-74- Add Domain: Shadow to U1

Imp Vixen – 1. Remove Leech Vitality base, Add Life Siphon/Logistics Leech Vitality. -6Nora
    2. Remove Leech Vitality base. +1 Range, +4hp.

Needleclaw Imp – 1. Rework swordbreaker since it sucks? (When this champion engages to a champion, that champions equipment is destroyed/when this champion is deployed, closest equipped enemy champion has it's equipment destroyed)

2. Remove Bounty Hunter base. Add Mischief, +1SPD, Initiator, +4hp.

Screaming Imp 64-68 - Remove Sonic Flight, Death Nova. Remove Sonic Aura from U1., U2 - Knockback 3, Sonic Burst.

Dark Familiar - Mischief instead of Forsaken Exploit in U1 or base(55 nora). Split FW/UD rune?

Rework of Cloak of Long Knives?: Equipped Rogue or Ranger gains +2 DMG,Shadowstrike and Shadow Shift. If equipped unit is an Imp, it also gains Domain: Shadow.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
  2. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

For 4 nora, I don't think Sword Breaker is that bad. But would you rather have it be an on-deploy effect similar to Seism? Ofc, the cost would need to be raised though.

Screaming Imp- No one would take Knockback 3 over Sonicburst so U2 might as well be ust Sonicburst.

3. Alakhami

Knockback is a much cheaper abillity, and it's within the champions range, which is 2-4, so I think both are worthy of consideration.

Swordbreaker is currently 4 nora. You think it should be of similar nora value as Seism if it's on deploy? Equips aren't as popular as relics as far as I know.

4. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Making it like Seism would definitely increase it's cost to at least 6. It wouldn't be the same cost as Seism.

Knockback 3 is 8 nora, Flameburst is 8 nora. I'd assume if Sonicburst became an ability it'd be 8 nora.

5. Alakhami

Knockback 3 is 3 nora. It's been buffed last patch, nub.

6. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I guess that makes a slight difference. Sonic Flight is flavorful so i'd move it to U1 instead of Sonic Aura. Screaming Imp would be 64 nora assuming you take Distract/Sonic Flight + Knockback 3, 68 if you took Sonicburst.

7. Alakhami

you consider that too cheap? And btw, imps have quite a few sonic champs going around. Maybe make some sort of sonic stuff?

8. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Not really for a 2-4 ranged champ. If it's a problem just move Distract to base or something.

9. Erenoth

Erenoth Member

I happen to really like bounty hunter on the needleclaw imp for what its worth.

Edit: Also don't agree with your issue with the lemure. The meta bgs are always going to be running good things, doesn't mean those things need to be made worse. Then you'll just have different things that are the best and an endless cycle of nerfs. If its use with masochism you're concerned about the servile brute would give almost as much hp for just 4 more nora. Slightly worse but the meta wouldn't really be impacted if they still wanted to do that.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
  10. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

The only runes listed that could use help are screaming imp and imp vixen.

11. Alakhami

why?

12. Alakhami

Well, brute is more expensive than Lemure, that's why he's not being the maso target. But I get your point. Masochism is just a strong spell in general. It probably needs to lose the pseudo Tough 2 it grants.

13. Plant

Plant New Member

Shadow hunter also needs a rework. Also the mischief ability need to come back as a base on all or most imps and cap the ap all your champs can get through that ability because making it an upgrade just hurts the theme.

14. Plant

Plant New Member

I think imp vixen is good right now it only need +1 in range.

15. Alakhami

Shadow Hunter is pretty efficient but hunter:meek is just a shitty abillity that could be replaced.

16. Heart

Heart I need me some PIE!

What if we combined Imps and Goblins into one single theme?

17. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Whenever i see an FW rune get suggested to be changed to a split.

18. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Leave altered lemure alone?

19. Plant

Plant New Member

Hopefully the devs read this. Imps used to be a really fun theme to play with.

20. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Since Imps have similar hp to elves and not as much range, I think Imps should get a tanky imp or two. A big buff imp and/or a fat imp, similar to Cropsick but less goofy.