Rework of Split heros

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rogreborn, Mar 21, 2014.

1. rogreborn

rogreborn Devotee of the Blood Owl

I was wondering if we could change split hero's so that both are playable in a bg, but only 1 can be out at a time. I hate having to choose which split hero to put in a bg.

2. Gaiaix555

Gaiaix555 Member

They did this so that you couldn't abuse split heroes, since they can go in 2 faction bg's at once.

An UD/X bg could run:

Ashe
    Zoalt
    Hraken
    Jyx
    Kiergana
    Matriarch Sarinda

Now that doesn't even count the heroes you could run with the X component!

3. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

The main problem with this is that a deck could potentially have 8 or 9 unique split heroes. You only need to have one matching faction.

Gaiaix555 likes this.
  4. rogreborn

Make it so you may only have up to 2-3 split hero's and that only 1 can be on the playing field at a time.

Astamir likes this.
  5. Gaiaix555

Gaiaix555 Member

What would be the point? Most split bg's have a specific Split-Hero that they would use for the theme/style.

Why would a Psychic FS bg use Jyx? They wouldn't, they would use Argol.

Sure you might WANT to run Jyx too, but that is detrimental to the theme.

And if you can only have 1 out, you might as well only have 1 in your bg to begin with.

6. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

(Emphasis mine).

Splits have many advantages over FF, no need to increase the disparity. FF has pros too, just saying no need to shift the power.

Gaiaix555 likes this.
  7. rogreborn

I just want Garin and Kiergana to be in my kanen lol.

8. Gaiaix555

Gaiaix555 Member

Woah now, hold the hell up, no need to drop the civility 10 notches.

FF bgs are allowed to have multiple heroes, that's true, but that makes more sense thematically and in terms of the game.
    Kartch, Gekaal, and Slick-n-Buzz are ALL defenders of Forglar Swamp, and they all run along the same theme.

Now Ash, Jyx, and Zoalt have NOTHING to do with each other, in even the slightest regard, lore or mechanics.

And as DarkJello said, split bg's have twice as many options as a FF bg, so they really don't need any more options. If you want fairness, then I demand all FF bg's be given access to other factions spells, so that my all factions are the same. Because, ya know, "fairness".

Also, there is Paper Skull's point, which is what I was stating in my first post.

Rogreborn, Garin shouldn't be run in a kanen bg, Kiergana is WAY better, and Garin doesn't run along the Kanen theme.

Nemorga and DarkJello like this.
  9. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

QFT to the nth power of virtual awesomesauce.

Gaiaix555 likes this.
  10. Gaiaix555

Gaiaix555 Member

Haha, thanks Dark.

11. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

At first, I thought that we (split race players) should be able to run both our heroes. Then, I discarded that idea, no split hero champion, with the prominent role they fill (or are supposed to fill) on a bg should be sharing place with another, because the design of the runes should make them exclusive from a mechanic/synergy perspective, and one should not have any reason to want to run two split heros.
    So, what I want to say is, kiergana should support a style of playing kanens and garin another, in a way that makes them non compatible (Imagine that kanens without pack leaders were a thing).

12. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

you can use garain and kiergana in the same bg, either this need to be fixed or you can run 2x of all split hero's

13. Gaiaix555

Gaiaix555 Member

Heroes are unique individual units. There aren't 2 Serkan, Lich Masters. There aren't 2 Slick-n-Buzz's. There is only 1 of this "named" unit in existence, unlike generic foot soldiers and whatnot.

Garin is an outcast of the Kanen, so he wouldn't make sense in a kanen bg.

There is nothing to fix, Splits are required to have only 1 hero due to their split nature allowing for a ******** number of them being playable without a restriction.

14. rogreborn

If we go by flavor for Garin he should just be a unique character not a hero at all, so that he can be played in full faction bg.

15. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

I just tested this myself just now and I am currently running both Kiergana and Garin at the sametime.

16. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

17. Nebron

Nebron I need me some PIE!

The only change that needs to be done to split heroes is to let them be used in FF decks.

18. Gaiaix555

Gaiaix555 Member

Split heroes don't belong in FF bg's, and multiple normal heroes belong in FF bg's. No two ways about it, that's fair and thematic.

DarkJello likes this.
  19. Petr Kristof

Petr Kristof Well-Known Member

Well, it is only YOUR view of what is fair and thematic. Split hero into split, FF hero in FF. Is that fair? So why split race can be played in FF? And they lost Independent, so they even now get full bonus. Where is lore and theme if I play FF Tortun with Menalaus and Big Bad Beard Fiorn and Bliss? They don't share any theme and any mechanism either. Why couldn't I play FF Tortun with their own Tortun hero instead? Make restriction similar to Menalaus and Grimlic of K'thir, that Split hero cannot be in deck with FF hero. Simple.

If I want to play Tortun, I think IT IS fair if I could use both Tortun Heros, Tremir and Mangleshell. Cause they both are Tortun defenders, as you said earlier. Since you can pick only one, people always pick the stronger one and second won't see any play at all. Same as with FF, where you are allowed to put every faction Hero in deck, the fact that you can does not mean that you will. How many people play every ST heroes in same deck? They have 4 Heroes now! Same with SL, do you play all 4 Heroes? Not every Split Hero is standalone power house, so how many people would actually play 4 Split Heroes in same deck? Most of them benefit from synergy with deck. I'm not saying to allow unlimited number of Split Heroes in deck, as it is in FF now.

Have 2 Split Heros in deck, only 1 on board at time, that would be good start. Would it be OP? I doubt... Would people quit Pox? I doubt... Would it make some people happy? YES! Cause I know I would be.

20. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

I just played 2 games with them in the same bg