Ride Down is the buggiest ability in this game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by free20play, Jun 1, 2014.

1. free20play

free20play I need me some PIE!

it even bypasses impenetrable gained from sources like premonition sometimes

2. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Yup, I won't even mention the complete disregard for the non-impending terrain text, ops wait I did. It's that kind of ability that's so freaking broken that people prefer exploiting it and getting wins than report or at least stop using it.

3. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

No that's creep and crawl.

Baskitkase likes this.
  4. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

Isn't rampage + charge rank 3 Ride down in disguise?

5. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

Everyone says Fist of Bastion is OP but really, he's not all that great.

It's the horse that's OP.

SaintKiwi likes this.
  6. egami

egami Devotee of the Blood Owl

[​IMG]

When will you people learn? It's always about the horse.

Signed,
    Cassandra

7. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

When alpha was creating the ability it went through several iterations but he really wanted it to displace the target instead of the typical charge. Tom make it work with 2x2s (the fist was initially a 2x2) he ended up having to code it as a relocate. That was after the initial coding and description.

So I guess you could say it's WAI but it's definitely in disagreement with its description and the functionality of the ability didn't really end up matching it's flavor.

There was virtually no post-release engineering support and then a bit later, excrement hit the wind-creating device and it was lost in the sauce.

8. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

... Well, even then someone should have spotted that 3 DEF + Tough 2 + Resilient is an incredibly stupid combo.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
    SaintKiwi, MageAstral and SPiEkY like this.
  9. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

By today's standards, I don't see how a champ with this combo is a problem. It's only when that tanky champ has monster damage output with enough speed to outrun a Jamaican

Edit: that it becomes a problem.

10. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

even by todays standards thats pretty damn tough. It also ignores ALL DoTs, ALL Auras, and all pings that are not rank 3. Since ping effects and auras are extremely important for many as perseverance counters (which, just by chance, he can easily get) that is nuts.

SPiEkY likes this.