Risen Grenadier Review

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by Sean5056, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Sean5056

Sean5056 I need me some PIE!

mobilize on a power turn

2. DrNiles

DrNiles Member

The bomb going off immediately if you destroy it early does change a lot. We've got decent access to Relocate: Relic (well, I forgot that Stitched First lost it, so maybe not so decent), so it'll be easy enough to get it to a nice spot.

Now, I wonder if using Reclaim sets it off?

EDIT: It sure does! Too bad we can't take much advantage of that.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
  3. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Desecrate is a good combo with it ^_^ I'm actually kinda liking it.

gillo likes this.
  4. Joker

Joker I need me some PIE!

IMO It is a good rune overall, but overcosted

I guess it works better for tortuns than FF FW...

I tried running 2x of him and didn't get impressed, there's just not enough space on my bg to put this guy into it without sacrificing something better.

5. tangmcgame

tangmcgame I need me some PIE!

I'd say he's got a lot of potential in tortun and knockback decks. I think he stands on his own enough to compete against some of the tortun ranged options and he both provides knockback as well as a combo piece with his bomb. I think if you're running him in a FW deck, it's just as a "good stuff" piece and not for any synergy. He is a bit expensive, but it's by a couple of nora, not a ton.

6. gillo

gillo I need me some PIE!

I think it's fine where it is. I'm running 2 in FW meta and liking it. Doesn't seem OP, cause it DOES cost a lot of nora, but worth it's cost in the end :)

7. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

I tried them but find them lackluster. To each their own. My biggest gripe is that they have no them synergy at all. It is just a generic undead rune and it fits far better in FS knockback or Tortuns than in FW.

8. gillo

gillo I need me some PIE!

Agreed on the synergy part, but it IS a Tortun... Honestly I backed the suggestion of making the FS witch split FW as well, so everyone gets something flavorful :)