Rite abilities

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rogreborn, Jul 3, 2014.

1. rogreborn

rogreborn Devotee of the Blood Owl

I think these should just be removed or be overhauled, something has to be done with them. I was hoping in the revamp they would have been changed.

The one guy who has many of them Wyrmpriest is totally useless with them. Have them work on summons then they would become decent abilities. As of right now they are just sandbags that hold poor Wyrmpriest and any other champ with one down.

Discuss.

2. Baalzamon

Baalzamon I need me some PIE!

They tend to work a lot better when split with FW but other than that they are kinda awful. I used to run Rite Champs with Moga Dens and that seems to be the best way to use them. Admittedly I have not played ranked games in a long time so they are probably absolute crap against real people as opposed to AI.

3. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

I dont know if I have ever seen someone use a rite ability in game

they are truly bad

4. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

If the abilities didn't share a CD and wyrmpriest had death charged + recharged it would be fun and maybe even OP.

5. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Until you run out of champs?

6. GabrielQ

Imagine a wyrmpriest slinging you whatever free real champion FW can provide while at the same time it generates nora with the globes and a 60 nora soul collection, BotU and dead eater unit.

7. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

that would require a lot of luck and set up

8. stayflyazn

stayflyazn Devotee of the Blood Owl

imo, it would be nice if it were a dispellable non-temporary targetable buff that activates the effect on death. and instead of sharing cds, using one puts the others on a 1 turn cd instead if they werent on cd.

9. st3ck

st3ck I need me some PIE!

llibaroni has an awesome fw/sp death deck with necroweave, revenant, bile zombie and he whooped me hard, consistently.

He used rite on the crone to trigger a lot of damage, and had great Nora recovery with the laymen(Kanen autocorrect) scavenger.

There also many other aspects of the bg, but it made great use of rite of destruction.

10. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

yep, just faced it. Firking ridiculous. he had me on the ropes all game long, but I finally realized that altar only had a range of 6 and moved away from it so he stopped saccing his necroweaved revenants into it (and then getting the scavenger auto soul collect+dead eater+forage triggers). Very weird deck, very frustrating to play against. I only managed to stay ahead by spamming marsh songs, shaman heals, and essence capture attacks from my snapteeth. He also triggered a backfire boon which healed for a lot. He probably still would have won but then he deployed a xulos in a split faction deck, who immediately exploded and then he immediately surrendered

interesting deck, but not at all fun to play against. despite winning with snapteeth, it "felt" overpowered the whole time. i actually thought sacrificing 4 revenants on altar per turn was a bug until i read necroweave closer

11. GabrielQ

Is libanori playing? I would love if that guy could post here more, never seen a boring deck from him.

12. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

Ahh, but that is the way of Forsaken Wastes, is it not? ;)